Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I was hoping that Cashman would trade him at this years deadline. While he's had some great games for us, they were few and far between. And you have to admit, he was VERY hard to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Jake isn't getting DFA. He is still somewhat productive, whereas Panda is literally useless.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    Oh, I'm sorry... I didn't realize that you were unable to read statistics... Pineda has been very good this year... A few rough starts, but no pitcher can go a full year without any... Still, this will hurt...

I hope to see Adams or some of the other youth we have soon.. Sounds like MItchell will get the first shot..

Quote Originally Posted by bfrap View Post
    Oh, I'm sorry... I didn't realize that you were unable to read statistics... Pineda has been very good this year... A few rough starts, but no pitcher can go a full year without any... Still, this will hurt...

I hope to see Adams or some of the other youth we have soon.. Sounds like MItchell will get the first shot..
    Panda = Pablo Sandoval. As for Pineda being "very good" this year....your bar for very good must be very low.

A so so Yankee career that was riddled by injury and pitiful performances with a few ok starts mixed in and one great start...

Montero is toast so we won the trade but we sure didn't get what we wanted and that was ace money....He left that on the table in Seattle before his shoulder injury.....

Good riddance!

Mush
    My Top Avenged Sevenfold songs

Unholy Confessions
    Chapter Four
    Second Heartbeat
    Remenissions
    Eternal Rest
    Bat Country
    Beast and Harlot
    Critical Acclaim
    Almost Easy
    Afterlife
    Unbound
    Nightmare
    Buried Alive
    Shepard of Fire
    Hail to the King
    Heretic
    The Stage
    Fermi Paradox
    To End the Rapture

[/SIGPIC]

I didn't say anything about Pineda. I said Panda, as in Pablo Sandoval lol. Was quoting mush's post about Ellsbury and Sandoval.

.220/.260/.382
    A-BOMBS: 8
    RBI:28

So both traded that Cashman made to. Ring us young starters both crap out with injuries and pitiful performances!

Both trades get a C-

Watch the Rays pick him up too and they both do well in Tampa!

Mush
    My Top Avenged Sevenfold songs

Unholy Confessions
    Chapter Four
    Second Heartbeat
    Remenissions
    Eternal Rest
    Bat Country
    Beast and Harlot
    Critical Acclaim
    Almost Easy
    Afterlife
    Unbound
    Nightmare
    Buried Alive
    Shepard of Fire
    Hail to the King
    Heretic
    The Stage
    Fermi Paradox
    To End the Rapture

[/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    Panda = Pablo Sandoval. As for Pineda being "very good" this year....your bar for very good must be very low.
    My bar is where it should be...

most here, including youself, seem to have the bar set at.. if they give up a single run.. they suck... if they lose a single game.. they suck....etc.. That bar is not realistic...

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    I didn't say anything about Pineda. I said Panda, as in Pablo Sandoval lol. Was quoting mush's post about Ellsbury and Sandoval.

The subject matter is Pineda... Panda is a Red Sox... Who give a bleep about those guys? I hope that whole team sucks... (and that's when I am thinking good things about them...) Its not my fault you can't stay on subject...

Pineda thanks for your time. We won the trade we got a serviceable starter who had some injuries but we got more out of Pineda then anyone got from Montero.....
    Oh how I wish Montero would of panned out and been a Yankee, every time he jacked one 'Jesus has risen' .
    Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Giants on a minor league contract. I felt he never wanted to leave San Fran but felt compelled to take the money.
    Ellsbury is never being DFA he can still play and is serviceable. Obviously if someone called tomorrow and said we will take him off your hands you do it.

The subject matter is Pineda... Panda is a Red Sox... Who give a bleep about those guys? I hope that whole team sucks... (and that's when I am thinking good things about them...) Its not my fault you can't stay on subject...
    I quoted a post. Not my fault you can't read.

.220/.260/.382
    A-BOMBS: 8
    RBI:28

My bar is where it should be...

most here, including youself, seem to have the bar set at.. if they give up a single run.. they suck... if they lose a single game.. they suck....etc.. That bar is not realistic...
    I've never said that. Saying Pineda has been very good is pretty stupid. He has been average at best overall. Very good at times but also very bad at times and all together he is pretty average.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    I've never said that. Saying Pineda has been very good is pretty stupid. He has been average at best overall. Very good at times but also very bad at times and all together he is pretty average.
    This season has clearly been his best. Sad to see it end this way.. Will clearly hurt him in his UFA year...Though could be a break for the Yanks...

I don't know what their plan was for Pineda (resign or to no resign...), but this could be a break to sign him to a 2 year much cheaper deal while he rehabs (A deal like Jon Leiper's from a few years ago)... Clear next season would only be starting to get back to baseball activities near the end.. ST 2019 is when he'll be back.. But might get a sweatheart deal for year 2 while he shows what he can do..

Again, I have no idea what the Yanks plan for him was... That would be the deciding factor..

This season has clearly been his best. Sad to see it end this way.. Will clearly hurt him in his UFA year...Though could be a break for the Yanks...

I don't know what their plan was for Pineda (resign or to no resign...), but this could be a break to sign him to a 2 year much cheaper deal while he rehabs (A deal like Jon Leiper's from a few years ago)... Clear next season would only be starting to get back to baseball activities near the end.. ST 2019 is when he'll be back.. But might get a sweatheart deal for year 2 while he shows what he can do..

Again, I have no idea what the Yanks plan for him was... That would be the deciding factor..
    I had a similar thought. $2 million for sext year with a tea option of $8 million for year 2 with a $2 million buyout.

Ellsbury needs to go. He should be traded to another team with a bad pitching contract to trade back. Ellsbury has some value so that should be considered against whatever value the pitcher has.

Pineda is an enigma. I don't see any way the Yankees will bring him back now. He likely won't be ready to pitch until 2019 now. Pineda always goes on runs where he is great, but then goes back to his usual bad home run self. It just so happens Pineda's hot stretch this season was to start the year so everyone was thinking he turned it around.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast