• ???Mystery Team???

3 8.57%
  • Portland Trailblazers

2 5.71%
  • Oklahoma City Thunder

1 2.86%
Page 1 of 41 12311 ... LastLast

The Carmelo Anthony Barometer

The New York Knicks are pausing trade talks centered on Carmelo Anthony and want to pursue a conversation with the 10-time NBA All-Star about possibly reincorporating him into the organization, league sources told ESPN.

After talking with the Houston Rockets and Cleveland Cavaliers for nearly a month to help engineer deals for Anthony, the Knicks told both teams that they're stepping back from trade talks for a short time, league sources said.

Sources: Knicks to install Kings' Perry as GM
    The Knicks and Scott Perry have come to an agreement to make the Kings vice president New York's next general manager, sources say.
    Anthony was eager to waive his no-trade clause to join either team.

The departure of Phil Jackson as president -- and the impending arrival of Sacramento executive Scott Perry as general manager -- has pushed the franchise's top basketball executive Steve Mills to reconsider the Knicks' intentions on trading Anthony, league sources said.

It is believed the timing of that communication with Houston and Cleveland coincided with the clandestine negotiations that were ongoing with Sacramento and Perry, the Kings VP of basketball operations.

The Knicks have reached an agreement in principle on a deal to make Perry the team's new GM, but consummation of the hiring is pending the Knicks and Kings arriving at terms on compensation, league sources said.

The Knicks want Anthony to meet with the new front office and coach Jeff Hornacek in the near future, but it's unlikely that Anthony will respond with eagerness about a plan to reincorporate himself into a franchise that has been pushing him -- publicly and privately -- to accept a trade out of New York, league sources said.
    http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/20014663

You need to add an option that says "Anywhere but here"

He better not be staying here. I understand the pause and making it look like we will keep him but that better not be the plan.

The primary hope, according to the source, is Anthony decides to open up his wish list beyond the Rockets and Cavaliers, as he has a no-trade clause.

Via NYPost

I thought of this as well Cavs and rockets offering bad contracts does nothing for the knicks

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    We stay Me7o.

I have no problem with him staying if he plays like he did 2 years ago and embraces the mento role.
    Worst case with that scenario is that the knicks look like a playoff tea and the FO sells picks to get a player to "put us over the top" I am hopeful that Mills and Perry understand that a small handful of players in the could do that and that building to make the playoffs doesn't work.

I think that Me7o will be gone by this time next season but I don't think he starts the season in another uniform.

You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

Maybe it would be smarter to trade Melo and CLee at the deadline. Either way I like that Melos value could be going back up now. It's refreshing to hire Someone that the league actually respects.

I like rondo over rose as vet point guard for a 2-yr deal....

Knicks are doing the right thing. Next year the rest of the banana boat crew will be free agents. Melo will have to opt out to join them or the team will have to give up assets to get him to make the boat complete. No bad contracts and value has to come back, if not Melo can opt out next year or get his dream and continue to reside in NY

Quote Originally Posted by rpgmaster86 View Post
    I like rondo over rose as vet point guard for a 2-yr deal....
    We have no money left.....
    Stay Humble

IF we make the playoffs and melo opts out and leaves after I'm going to be piss. We miss out on getting his possible replacement(draft) just to get wax by the cavs?
    Stay Humble

Quote Originally Posted by mjqusoldier View Post
    Maybe it would be smarter to trade Melo and CLee at the deadline. Either way I like that Melos value could be going back up now. It's refreshing to hire Someone that the league actually respects.
    This is not baseball deadline deals are not good for big money players. The offseason is better because there are still free agent options for a team who might need to send out some rotational players. Teams working toward a title that Melo would accept a trade to are not going to move rotational players and gut their team in order to make the money match. That is a very bad scenario in the NBA.

this Melo trade is like a ****ing fly you can't swat from buzzing around your head...it won't go away!!!

Let him rot....

I love it the Knicks for once in my lifetime are doing something right. I always knew he wasn't going anywhere and I bet my last he stays.

Quote Originally Posted by NYY 26 to 7 View Post
    This is not baseball deadline deals are not good for big money players. The offseason is better because there are still free agent options for a team who might need to send out some rotational players. Teams working toward a title that Melo would accept a trade to are not going to move rotational players and gut their team in order to make the money match. That is a very bad scenario in the NBA.
    This is a good take on the situation. Every year we look to trade Melo and it doesn't happen. I don't see the point in being a fringe playoff team. I'd rather collect the assets and re-build with lottery picks around KP.

Page 1 of 41 12311 ... LastLast