Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Cubs Acquire Jose Quintana
    By Jeff Todd | July 13, 2017 at 10:27am CDT
    In a stunning development, the Cubs have acquired lefty Jose Quintana from the crosstown rival White Sox, per club announcements. Top prospects Eloy Jimenez and Dylan Cease are going in return, with first baseman Matt Rose and infielder Bryant Flete also included in the package.

Rose and Flete aren’t without their interest, either, though neither registers as a significant prospect at this stage. The former is a corner infielder who has slashed .227/.281/.481 with 14 long balls through 254 plate appearances this year as a teammate of Jimenez at Myrtle Beach. The 24-year-old Flete has also played there, putting up the best season (.305/.355/.425) thus far in his minors career while playing all over the diamond (including at shortstop).

Eloy has a chance to be pretty special, so I think you guys did really well here.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Thanks Q for the years of service and good luck on the north side.

Not a bad deal for us to restock the farm with more good prospects added to the haul we got for Sale and Eaton.

I think this is a win-win for both teams. Theo/Jed were looking for cost controlled pitching, and we definitely got that with Quintana coming to the Cubs.

Jimenez and Cease are going to be studs. A little painful for us to give them up, but in the end they will be great for you guys.

I'm shocked the Cubs/Sox made a deal like this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#FlyTheW
    2016 World Series Champions!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    I think this is a win-win for both teams. Theo/Jed were looking for cost controlled pitching, and we definitely got that with Quintana coming to the Cubs.

Jimenez and Cease are going to be studs. A little painful for us to give them up, but in the end they will be great for you guys.

I'm shocked the Cubs/Sox made a deal like this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    IMO,once Hahn couldn't get the Yankees to part with either Torres or Frazier..........He pulled the trigger on this deal.

I like both Jimenez and Cease.....Not so much the 2 back end guys...........I really believe that once the Cubs included Cease the deal was done.

You can't look at this and not feel good about our future........add in Burger & Sheets and maybe a Seth Beer.........

http://m.mlb.com/prospects/2017?list=cws
    Last edited by coconut; 07-13-2017 at 08:31 PM.

White Sox & Redskins Forever

Quote Originally Posted by Bainsy View Post
    I like both Jimenez and Cease.....Not so much the 2 back end guys...........I really believe that once the Cubs included Cease the deal was done.
    Reports say it was Jimenez that finally sealed the deal. Theo was pushing Schwarber the entire time and Hahn wouldn't budge off Jimenez. Then Rick called him Sunday morning and said this is happening soon. Make me your best offer where Theo finally gave in with both Jimenez and Cease, took a few days to get the other two figured out and the deal was made Wednesday night.

Quote Originally Posted by sager729 View Post
    Reports say it was Jimenez that finally sealed the deal. Theo was pushing Schwarber the entire time and Hahn wouldn't budge off Jimenez. Then Rick called him Sunday morning and said this is happening soon. Make me your best offer where Theo finally gave in with both Jimenez and Cease, took a few days to get the other two figured out and the deal was made Wednesday night.
    That's very interesting.....Which deal would you have done?

I know you're not asking me, but I'd take Eloy over Schwarber hands down.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Sox Trade Quintana to Cubs in 5 player deal

Schwarber is a DH, no thanks
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Quote Originally Posted by Muttman73 View Post
    Schwarber is a DH, no thanks
    Yea...We are in the AL so we don't need one....

Give me Eloy every day. He fits exactly what the White Sox need.

I like Schwarber but DHs just don't hold the value that a legit OF hold.

I noticed Quintana's Walk total increased significantly this year. Any particular reason why? Also I vaguely remember reading Quintana, at one point, started to back off his curveball usage. This still the case?

Hope we're not getting a pitcher that is starting to pay the price for all those 200 inning seasons. Also is he halfway decent at bunting and fielding?

Sorry to burst your bubble Bainsey, but there is no need for a DH in a rebuild.
    Limited players, like Schwarber serve no purpose right now. Face palm all you want, the Sox made the right call.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast