Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
    Ehalt
    The Mets have received plenty of inquiries about closer Addison Reed, but right fielder Jay Bruce has not drawn much interest thus far, according to a source.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

I think Bruce's market evolves closer to the deadline.

Relievers are super trendy at the moment for obvious reasons but there's going to be team (s) in need of a power bat.

Apparently the Indians were a finalist for JD Martinez and they are still searching for a bat.

Bruce for Triston Mckenzie please..

Heyman
    Some believe they (Cleveland Indians) could become interested in Jay Bruce, whoís having a terrific season in New York.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Apparently the Indians were a finalist for JD Martinez and they are still searching for a bat.

mejia or bust, get it done sandy. Throw in blevins and walker to replace boone logan and jason kipnis who are both on the dl

They are looking at Cabrera, Flores and Bruce.

New York Mets

It was reported by Bob Klapisch of the Bergen Record that the reason Amed Rosario hasnít been called up has to do with wanting to keep Asdrubal Cabrera happy. Cabrera is an important piece in the clubhouse, but that seems like a stretch. Shortstop Jose Reyes pointed out that it would be him, not Rosario, whoíd be losing his job, since he is the current shortstop. The story wasnít denied very hard, though, seeming to give it some credence.

Zack Wheelerís occasional loss of the strike zone is keeping him from taking that next step forward.

Addison Reed might bring back the biggest take in trades.

Jerry Blevins would bring back a decent return, but the Mets, happy to pick up his $6.5-million option, arenít anxious to trade him.

The Mets canít expect to get too much for their position players but the Tigersí J.D. Martinez deal was a stark reminder that itís a major buyers market for position players, even very good ones. Jay Bruce is a pretty fair comp to Martinez, in fact. The Indians may make sense for Bruce.

-Heyman

Marc Carig‏
    Per source, Brewers among a half dozen teams to show interest in Metsí most valuable trade chip Addison Reed:

Quote Originally Posted by rebuilding View Post

mejia or bust, get it done sandy. Throw in blevins and walker to replace boone logan and jason kipnis who are both on the dl
    I'd love to get Mejia. Definitely over McKenzie

"It Is.....What It Is!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by stoopboy45:31763773
    Quote Originally Posted by rebuilding View Post

I'd love to get Mejia. Definitely over McKenzie
    We are getting neither with these expiring players.

Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    We are getting neither with these expiring players.
    I don't think getting Mejia is impossible. Definitely improbable.

But if this next scenario could occur, I wouldn't rule it out:

If the Indians were also interested in Reed & Cabrera, as well as Bruce, and Mets management was willing to retain most of their salary in a trade, you could see a Mejia in return for those 3 going to Cleveland?
    #oneatatime

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314