Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Yes they can. There are numbers for range and Statcast tracks reaction times and angles to the ball. Ultimately the Mets will have that data. The issue is determining what Conforto is long term in CF. His bat, however, plays better in CF than RF or LF. If he can be a slightly below average defender, I'll take that with his amazing offense.
    His bat plays well anywhere...but you're sacrificing a ton of ground by having him in center and bruce in right. Conforto could possibly be a top five defender in right in the NL. That's valuable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by n8ghee View Post
    His bat plays well anywhere...but you're sacrificing a ton of ground by having him in center and bruce in right. Conforto could possibly be a top five defender in right in the NL. That's valuable.

Bruce has been solid defensively in RF. Conforto could be among the most valuable CFers in baseball with his bat as well. You're talking about him maybe being only behind Trout, Blackmon and Springer in terms of value with how good offensively he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyndave View Post
    Why not both ?
    Exactly. We have a ton of salary coming off the books and just because Wright is still technically on the roster, doesn't mean we have to have backups at 3B forever.

Saw a report that said that Bruce has cleared waivers and can now be traded to any team.

Quote Originally Posted by The Futurist View Post
    Saw a report that said that Bruce has cleared waivers and can now be traded to any team.
    I got it wrong. Rosenthal says he has a limited no trade clause that prohibits him from being traded to 8 teams. He'd need to approve a trade to any of those 8 (anyone know the 8?. Owed about $4m for rest of the season.

Curtis cleared waivers, too.

Reported last night that Bruce has cleared waivers. According to sources, so has his #Mets' teammate, Curtis Granderson.

Ken Rosenthal

Mets trade rumors: 2017

Alderson will hold them until late August and then maybe deal them for a AA reliever

Don't worry. He's got this.

Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    Alderson will hold them until late August and then maybe deal them for a AA reliever
    I dont think he's going to deal Bruce. Not unless he gets something more valuable than the pick that comes from the possible rejected QO.

Its just a matter of where Granderson and Walker go because Reyes will have no value as long as he isn't playing and Cabrera probably stays here with the option for next season.

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031