Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast
    I get the feeling the White Sox wanted to ask for a package they know we would've rejected. Their rebuild is built around all their prospects coming up at the same time and as good as Bryant is, he doesn't fall into that category. It's why they took the package they did over the reigning MVP and why they took Jimenez over Schwarber (although, I could see most teams doing that one)

First: Tired of people calling the Cub system bad, mainly because the Cubs lack big name prospects. Cubs farm is not lacking for talent, if they were I am not sure Theo and company would have made this trade. Pretty sure Theo and company are confident that sytem will born the next wave of top end prospects. The system is neither good or bad just developing. Yes, the Cubs have enough to get Gray if they want to. Remember Beane operates differently than most GMs.

Second: Q is an AS Level pitcher, thus is worth the suspects, I mean prospects. Eloy COULD be good but Q is already. Cease feels like his ceiling will be Cashner if he remains a starter (which I am not sure he will) or Matt Bush.

Prospects are currency used to make the major league team better. That is what the Cubs doing to perfection. Q is rounding into form, and despite the slow start probably finish the year with a mid 3 ERA. And when the Cubs chase down the Brewers and win the division this trade will be a major reason for it.

Gr8 trade.
    Screw sabermetics.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    First: Tired of people calling the Cub system bad, mainly because the Cubs lack big name prospects. Cubs farm is not lacking for talent, if they were I am not sure Theo and company would have made this trade. Pretty sure Theo and company are confident that sytem will born the next wave of top end prospects. The system is neither good or bad just developing. Yes, the Cubs have enough to get Gray if they want to. Remember Beane operates differently than most GMs.

Second: Q is an AS Level pitcher, thus is worth the suspects, I mean prospects. Eloy COULD be good but Q is already. Cease feels like his ceiling will be Cashner if he remains a starter (which I am not sure he will) or Matt Bush.

Prospects are currency used to make the major league team better. That is what the Cubs doing to perfection. Q is rounding into form, and despite the slow start probably finish the year with a mid 3 ERA. And when the Cubs chase down the Brewers and win the division this trade will be a major reason for it.

Gr8 trade.
    Well said. I completely agree with everything in this post.

Quote Originally Posted by 4cubs View Post
    Now that we know the Sox will trade with us, what would we have needed to give up to get Sale when he was available?
    Bryant

Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post
    Bryant
    To me I think that was the White Sox high-balling us. I think the realistic starting point was probably Schwarber+Eloy or something like that which is more accurate and closer to what they ended up getting. Theo got the message and decided it was something he didn't want to do so he hung up.

2016 PSD Cubs IGT record: 16-3 #AuthenticatesWithmyIGTs

https://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/proj...uintana-trade/

KATOH says we possibly gave up Markakis (or Bruce, if you like) as a best case scenario for the Sox, and total crap (Franklin Morales = Cease) for 3.5 yrs of a top 15 SP

KATOH is strictly a projection system based on statistics

Quintana to Cubs; White Sox get Jimenez, Cease, Flete, Rose

If Eloy Jimenez turns out to be Jay Bruce, I'll find my way into Theo's bedroom and kiss him in his sleep.

Let's be honest tho. Eloy has "best player in the league" ceiling. Obviously that happening is very slim but his talent is palpable. I'd be surprised if he flames out like Soler did. He's basically a 5 tool prospect

He has best hitter in the league ceiling but probably not a ton of value elsewhere

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutPunch33 View Post
    Let's be honest tho. Eloy has "best player in the league" ceiling. Obviously that happening is very slim but his talent is palpable. I'd be surprised if he flames out like Soler did. He's basically a 5 tool prospect
    So was Soler. In fact many here said he was the surest of the Cubs prospects to at the very least be a solid everyday player.

Soler really was a beast in the minors. His BB and K rates made him seem like such a safe hitting prospect. Especially after his 2015 playoffs. I'm still a bit surprised that he's the one that didn't work out.

Quintana to Cubs; White Sox get Jimenez, Cease, Flete, Rose

Soler sucked and I always knew he was gonna bust. Maybe I was just guessing lol because of my hatred for him. But I turned out being right so hell, whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by rcal10 View Post

So was Soler. In fact many here said he was the surest of the Cubs prospects to at the very least be a solid everyday player.
    Eh Soler wasn't nearly the touted prospect as Eloy. And he was also had injury concerns all along the way. So many people saw some red flags from the beginning

Eloy can certainly flame out, but he's a clearly superior prospect than Soler was at the same time/age, IMO

Quote Originally Posted by chi-townlove1 View Post
    Soler sucked and I always knew he was gonna bust. Maybe I was just guessing lol because of my hatred for him. But I turned out being right so hell, whatever.
    You hated him in the minors? Did you just not like his name? Lol or did u watch him a lot in the minors? Looking at his numbers I thought he for sure would hit in the bigs, only concern I had was health issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman85 View Post
    You hated him in the minors? Did you just not like his name? Lol or did u watch him a lot in the minors? Looking at his numbers I thought he for sure would hit in the bigs, only concern I had was health issues.
    I don't remember anyone talking about Soler in a negative way back in the day on these forums. Maybe some concerns over some health issues but never "he's a bust and I hate him"

#FlyTheW
    2016 World Series Champions!!!

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast