Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by turnaround3 View Post
    It's being floated out there that Epstein was talking Schwarber and the Sox wouldn't budge off Jimenez.

Which is interesting if for no other reason than it flies in the face of the Schwarber is virtually untouchable narrative.
    http://www.csnchicago.com/chicago-cu...e-quintana?amp
    #FreeYags #FreeGato #FreeCubsstuckinstl #FreeCubbieSteve.

"I hear STUPID People...When? Alllll theee timmme" Isn't a Jeffy a cigarette?

Quintana to Cubs; White Sox get Jimenez, Cease, Flete, Rose

Q Is a good pitcher, always had bad luck-bad team behind him. I don't know if he'll win 20 in a season but you will love him, guaranteed,
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    where tf have you been
    We've been camping

I'm thrilled to get 3.5 years of cheap Quintana. This in no way prevents us from a big signing in the next couple of seasons and give us four SPs (I like Montgomery as a starter) going into 2018. Helps for potentially four pennant races.

A player with five years or more major-league service who is traded in the middle of a multi-year contract can, during the offseason, require his new team to either trade him or let him become a free agent. If the player is eventually traded, he's not eligible to demand a trade again under the current contract and loses free agency rights for three years.

Does this mean if the player is traded after he already accrued 5 years, or can Q opt out after he reaches 5 years?

Quote Originally Posted by TranZella View Post
    A player with five years or more major-league service who is traded in the middle of a multi-year contract can, during the offseason, require his new team to either trade him or let him become a free agent. If the player is eventually traded, he's not eligible to demand a trade again under the current contract and loses free agency rights for three years.

Does this mean if the player is traded after he already accrued 5 years, or can Q opt out after he reaches 5 years?
    I don't think he can opt out of this extension he signed with the White Sox.

We control him through 2020 after all the options are exercised

#FlyTheW
    2016 World Series Champions!!!

Love it. Eloy is a monster and the Sox got a good haul but, this made complete beautiful now and future Cubs sense just like those prospects represented except these are now results for the next 4 years which is a HUGE part of our current winning window (not saying we won't continue or be a successful franchise however next few years should be big). This filled a giant void with a very good option at the type of financial level that allows a already great team room to get even better. I get how bummed people are for first half but, I just guess I've yet to show any sort've panic. I still have us in playoffs at end of year and I say that pretty confident. I think getting Q and then adding Hendricks back and this team starts a end of season roll. I think this AS break was just what we needed and to add something to it.

Quote Originally Posted by northsider View Post
    Love it. Eloy is a monster and the Sox got a good haul but, this made complete beautiful now and future Cubs sense just like those prospects represented except these are now results for the next 4 years which is a HUGE part of our current winning window (not saying we won't continue or be a successful franchise however next few years should be big). This filled a giant void with a very good option at the type of financial level that allows a already great team room to get even better. I get how bummed people are for first half but, I just guess I've yet to show any sort've panic. I still have us in playoffs at end of year and I say that pretty confident. I think getting Q and then adding Hendricks back and this team starts a end of season roll. I think this AS break was just what we needed and to add something to it.
    Agreed 100%

#FlyTheW
    2016 World Series Champions!!!

Seriously. I love this trade. Quintana is like a young Lester. Cubs have locked up their #2 and added it to this core. Now get Darvish this offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by northsider View Post
    Well said. All this "team is unwatchable" stuff cracks me up. We've seen much much worse. This is a talented young team who just got even better. I expect good things in the 2nd half. Hopefully it's enough.

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    where tf have you been
    Holding my breath and staying away from crazy cub fans lol.

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutPunch33 View Post
    Seriously. I love this trade. Quintana is like a young Lester. Cubs have locked up their #2 and added it to this core. Now get Darvish this offseason.
    Darvish this offseason would look great. Darvish-Lester-Quintana-Hendricks would be one hell of a turnaround on our starting pitching from where it was going into this year. All 4 would be locked up through at least 2020, so at least 3 full seasons knowing you have that group together.

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutPunch33 View Post
    I love the end results of this trade...gives us a torp for 1/3 of the price for the next 3.5 years. It allows us to breathe and look at the big picture. This team has a chance to win now for the next few years. I so wish Javy could be our everyday C.F. it would be a no brainer to grab Dee Gordon and make zo play all over. Such is life...they'll get it figured out and it should be a fun ride. I'm ready for another world series hangover.

Quote Originally Posted by ABE32 View Post
    I love the end results of this trade...gives us a torp for 1/3 of the price for the next 3.5 years. It allows us to breathe and look at the big picture. This team has a chance to win now for the next few years. I so wish Javy could be our everyday C.F. it would be a no brainer to grab Dee Gordon and make zo play all over. Such is life...they'll get it figured out and it should be a fun ride. I'm ready for another world series hangover.
    I have been against another bat (lead off hitter type of guy) since the discussion came about. However, I am changing my mind slightly. I think a guy like Yelich or even Inciarte would be someone I would consider. Both are signed thru 2020, maybe even 21. Both are young and both get on base.If the Cubs got either of those guys I would imagine one of Baez, Russell, Happ, Almora or Schwarber would be gone. Not necessarily for either of those guys. But the point is either of those would replace one of the Cubs currently on the team. I think that would be ok, depending on other players involved. I just do not want to see young major league talent dealt for a rental (Cain) or an older veteran with a few years left (Span). I also do not want to see Span take time from a young guy. So Yelich would be my first choice and as a fall back Inciarte. Maybe there are a few others as well. Haven't checked all the teams.
    Last edited by rcal10; 07-14-2017 at 08:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rcal10 View Post
    I have been against another bat (lead off hitter type of guy) since the discussion came about. However, I am changing my mind slightly. I think a guy like Yelich or even Inciarte would be someone I would consider. Both are signed thru 2020, maybe even 21. Both are young and both get on base.If the Cubs got either of those guys I would imagine one of Baez, Russell, Happ, Almora or Schwarber would be gone. Not necessarily for either of those guys. But the point is either of those would replace one of the Cubs currently on the team. I think that would be ok, depending on other players involved. I just do not want to see young major league talent dealt for a rental (Cain) or an older veteran with a few years left (Span). I also do not want to see Span take time from a young guy. So Yelich would be my first choice and as a fall back Inciarte. Maybe there are a few others as well. Haven't checked all the teams.
    I'd love Yelich but at what cost????

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast