Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Is Walmart investing in America?

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Excellent marketing strategy given the times (and, sadly, I suspect that's all it is).

I'll believe it effective and sincere when the I see the hard numbers verified over the long haul.
    Last edited by Crovash; 07-13-2017 at 11:25 AM.

Looks interesting. There doesn't seem to be a lot out there from independent mediums about it so I don't know how optimistic I should be.

But honestly, they should be doing **** like this. The Walton family is worth like 150 billion dollars. Give back. Invest in America.
    this my sig

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I saw a little blurb somewhere that made a comparison between Walmart and Costco. Costco apparently pays higher wages and it's stock is bringing higher returns than Walmart.

Everything in the retail world runs it's course eventually. Even though both are retailers there is a vast difference in the way their outlets are run and some differences in the way people behave in each place. I've said all along that Walmart is a benefactor of our economic times, when the economy makes workers unavailable to Walmart they will have to change to remain relevant.

As to the OP, yeah if the Walton's are plowing some of those profits back into American manufacturing then we all win....
    "..When you have great coaches, then after you have great coaches you get great players, you have a great organization, and you tell them one thing-

Just win baby"

~ Al Davis ~

I still won't voluntarily enter a Wal-Mart
    “Today, we rip the hearts out of these ****in' haters!!!” - Demeco Ryans pregame speech vs ATL

Got to stop lying to people that manufacturing is coming back. Unless you're ready to accept slave wages, it's only going to be highly customized items it won't be done here.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Got to stop lying to people that manufacturing is coming back. Unless you're ready to accept slave wages, it's only going to be highly customized items it won't be done here.
    Not in a broader sense, it could never compete in the global market. Walmart I believe is going after some niche products that they will probably be the sole retailer of. We'll have to see what is the extent and the quality of those products are, then we can better evaluate their value to the economy...
    "..When you have great coaches, then after you have great coaches you get great players, you have a great organization, and you tell them one thing-

Just win baby"

~ Al Davis ~

Quote Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post
    As a whole the stores are a refection of the wages they pay and the customers they serve.

I go there for one thing only...

Just win baby"

~ Al Davis ~

Nor I. Never been in one -- never will. Same with Amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Nor I. Never been in one -- never will. Same with Amazon.
    Amazon is just Walmart without the photos of some overweight mother walking her kid on a dog leash....

Just win baby"

~ Al Davis ~

Quote Originally Posted by corralski View Post
    Amazon is just Walmart without the photos of some overweight mother walking her kid on a dog leash....
    With Amazon I don't have to walk through a store literally filled with garbage. Where the aisles are unable to be navigated because there is just **** all over the floor. The few times I have ever been in a Wal-Mart I always am wondering if anyone actually works there. The last time I was there was to get a fishing license and 5 different employees I asked simply turned around and walked away.
    “Today, we rip the hearts out of these ****in' haters!!!” - Demeco Ryans pregame speech vs ATL

With Amazon I don't have to walk through a store literally filled with garbage. Where the aisles are unable to be navigated because there is just **** all over the floor. The few times I have ever been in a Wal-Mart I always am wondering if anyone actually works there. The last time I was there was to get a fishing license and 5 different employees I asked simply turned around and walked away.
    maybe its you.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

I like Walmart because I don't need assistance but yea you will have to be dying before you get assistance from them and even then it's a crap shoot. 30 registers and two checkout lanes open.

I have never seen anything like that in the Walmarts I go to, they are all clean for the most part, maybe Walmarts in big cities are different but in small town Walmarts, they are not bad.
    Fan of Redsox , Chi town bears , Boston Celtics , Dale Jr. , Uva

Quote Originally Posted by redsox12 View Post
    I have never seen anything like that in the Walmarts I go to, they are all clean for the most part, maybe Walmarts in big cities are different but in small town Walmarts, they are not bad.
    Of course they are not bad, if you take the short view. In the larger picture, though, they are ruinous.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast