Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 33
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    8,964
    There is a demand for American products by American consumers.

    Corporation are not in the business of creating jobs, its about the profits, its about giving the consumer what they want in order to bring in those profits.

    However, this gives me reason to shop at a Walmart over its competitors who are not investing in America.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    74,120
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin13697 View Post
    There is a demand for American products by American consumers.

    Corporation are not in the business of creating jobs, its about the profits, its about giving the consumer what they want in order to bring in those profits.

    However, this gives me reason to shop at a Walmart over its competitors who are not investing in America.
    There is limited demand for American products. There is much more demand for people to produce American products so that we can say we do.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    3,808
    Of course they are not bad, if you take the short view. In the larger picture, though, they are ruinous.
    I'm not talking about politics, I'm talking about just the store being clean and I've never seen the "people of walmart" type people in there.
    Fan of Redsox , Chi town bears , Boston Celtics , Dale Jr. , Uva

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    8,964
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    There is limited demand for American products. There is much more demand for people to produce American products so that we can say we do.
    true, basically everyone talks a big game about Buying and Hiring American, they only want to do this when the country is watching. Behind close doors, people want the cheapest product.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    358
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin13697 View Post
    true, basically everyone talks a big game about Buying and Hiring American, they only want to do this when the country is watching. Behind close doors, people want the cheapest product.
    And cheapest, of course, has two meanings.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Mile High
    Posts
    15,924
    I'm more concerned with buying quality products. I couldn't care less where they come from.
    “Today, we rip the hearts out of these ****in' haters!!!” - Demeco Ryans pregame speech vs ATL

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Annapolis MD
    Posts
    11,313
    Quote Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post
    I still won't voluntarily enter a Wal-Mart
    I said this at one point, but there are some places in the country where it might be the only feasible place to buy groceries, along with maybe a Dollar General on the other side of town, and one of the few places offering employment. My church has done a variety of mission trips from North Carolina, to Tennessee, Kentucky, Georgia and Arkansas, and more than once we've seen a situation like I described above. It's actually something we look at, because Wal-mart makes our shopping easier for food, supplies, etc. Be glad you live in a part of the country where you actually have a choice

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    74,120
    Quote Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post
    I'm more concerned with buying quality products. I couldn't care less where they come from.
    Where exactly are you getting quality products from? They don't make those anymore. Here or around the globe.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    19,042
    Quote Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post
    I'm more concerned with buying quality products. I couldn't care less where they come from.
    It's a balancing act...being American certainly helps me decide on close calls

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    19,042
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin13697 View Post
    true, basically everyone talks a big game about Buying and Hiring American, they only want to do this when the country is watching. Behind close doors, people want the cheapest product.
    Na son, just bought a $16 pair of socks the other day. On the low low...

    Built to fit
    tough as s h ! t

  11. #26
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    33,557
    Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Nor I. Never been in one -- never will. Same with Amazon.
    You can't "go in" an Amazon.

    "there's no shines in my shinebox"

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    19,042
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    You can't "go in" an Amazon.
    I been there. They got warehouses

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4,854
    Rainman's brother says, "Walmart sucks."

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    25,903
    Quote Originally Posted by redsox12 View Post
    I have never seen anything like that in the Walmarts I go to, they are all clean for the most part, maybe Walmarts in big cities are different but in small town Walmarts, they are not bad.
    I've never had a problem either. Mine has narrower aisles then you would like, probably also has more people that have to bring there kids then a Costo or something but other then getting around I've never had a problem.
    Last edited by ewing; 07-18-2017 at 03:48 PM.
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    358
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    I said this at one point, but there are some places in the country where it might be the only feasible place to buy groceries, along with maybe a Dollar General on the other side of town, and one of the few places offering employment. My church has done a variety of mission trips from North Carolina, to Tennessee, Kentucky, Georgia and Arkansas, and more than once we've seen a situation like I described above. It's actually something we look at, because Wal-mart makes our shopping easier for food, supplies, etc. Be glad you live in a part of the country where you actually have a choice
    Agreed.

    I'm lucky; I do have a choice, and I will (as much as possible) shop elsewhere.
    Last edited by Crovash; 07-17-2017 at 03:23 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •