Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by n8ghee View Post
    Kazmir trade is the one that sticks out most for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That one was beyond stupid, but doesn't come close to the Ryan debacle.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Did any Sox fan mention Sandoval?

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    That one was beyond stupid, but doesn't come close to the Ryan debacle.
    How'd that one happen? I don't even know if I was born yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    Did any Sox fan mention Sandoval?
    Think someone on the first page did. What a awful deal this was by far the worst I've seen .

Sent from my SPH-L520 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Why? As inconsistent as Pinetar has been, he's at least contributed to the big league club.
    That's more than Montero can say.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    at the moment Montero was the number 3 prospect and eveyone wanted him, Pineda came with injury concerns at the time, We could have gotten Roy Halladay for Montero and although Halladay wouldnt have been such a long term move that at the time cashman was trying to do he would have provided us a far better chance during that time.

Im pretty sure there could have been better trades the yankees could have done

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightbottle View Post
    Think someone on the first page did. What a awful deal this was by far the worst I've seen .

Sent from my SPH-L520 using Tapatalk
    Most people panned it at the time, because he always had weight problems and the thought was that he would get lazy with that long-term deal. Turns out that they were right.

However, the Red Sox can afford it. Also, someone can correct me if I am mistaken, but if they release Sandoval, the money owed to him no longer counts towards the luxury tax.

Young O's fan here. Gotta say, that Arrieta trade was just a joke. In hindsight, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter_White View Post
    Young O's fan here. Gotta say, that Arrieta trade was just a joke. In hindsight, of course.
    Look up the Glenn Davis trade from 1991.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Deals you wish your team could take back

Lately for the White Sox is Shields for Tatis Jr. But he is still very young and who knows what will happen. But looks like a great young player.

I would take the Archer/Garza deal back. I may have viewed that deal differently if the team was trying to win, but 12/13 were years where the team was rebuilding so that made it worse. Also, Archer didn't matter until 2014 so 2012 remains unchanged. So the team would have been a position to draft Bryant anyway.
    This one is hindsight, but I wish the Heyward deal had never been made. It is easier to stomach since they won, but that deal looks awful now. If draft picks count in this discussion the decision to take Baez over Springer bothered me then and it does now.

Quote Originally Posted by dodgerdave View Post
    Look up the Glenn Davis trade from 1991.
    Yeah, I know about that, but I wasn't born yet.
    Last edited by Walter_White; 07-15-2017 at 10:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dodgerdave View Post
    Pedro Martinez.
    mike piazza for gary sheffield too. Even though Sheffield was a good player for the dodgers.

This is a bit different but I remember hearing that the Giants turned down a Jason Schmidt for Jonathan Papelbon and Hanley Ramirez trade the deadline before Schmidt left to the Dodgers in free agency. That would have been a sick move.

"there's no shines in my shinebox"

Quote Originally Posted by sager729 View Post
    Lately for the White Sox is Shields for Tatis Jr. But he is still very young and who knows what will happen. But looks like a great young player.
    Expo's wanted Pujols instead of Tatis when he was moved apparently

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast