Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Deals you wish your team could take back

I saw this on the Blue Jays Forum, so I figured I would post here to see what people might come up for different teams:

What are some deals that have been made that you wish your team could take back? Being a Marlins fan there are too many for me to list.
    PSD's Muhammad Wilkerson!!!

Adam Duvall for Mike Leake.

Zack Wheeler for Carlos Beltran.

Joe Nathan, Francisco Liriano, Boof Bonser for AJ Pierzynski.

On no.
    Baseball Maverick: How Sandy Alderson Revolutionized Baseball and Revived the Mets
    I am that Daddy Cool

Phillies to Dbacks: Curt Shilling for Travis Lee and pitchers Omar Daal, Vicente Padilla and Nelson Figueroa.
    Phillies to Cards: Scott Rolen for Placido Polanco, pitcher Bud Smith and reliever Mike Timlin.
    Phillies to Mariners: Cliff Lee for right-hander Phillippe Aumont, outfielder Tyson Gillies and right-hander Juan Ramirez.
    Astros to Phillies: Hunter Pence for pitcher Jarred Cosart and outfielder Jonathan Singleton, relief pitcher Josh Zeid, and Domingo Santana (was a PTBNL)
    Phillies to Giants: Hunter Pence + Cash for Tommy Joseph*, Nate Schierholtz, right-handed pitcher Seth Rosin

The Oswalt and Halladay deals aren't terrible but it's unfortunate with how Halladay went out.

*If Joseph can turn around and fetch a good return, I'm ok with the deal. Joseph, though, was supposed to be a catcher and concussions took him out of there. If his bat was the way it was and he was still a catcher I'd be 100% behind this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Orioles to Houston: SP Curt Schilling, SP Pete Harnisch and CF Steve Finley for 1B Glenn Davis

Orioles to Houston: P Josh Hader, OF LJ Hoes and Comp A pick for SP Bud Norris

Orioles to Cubs: SP Jake Arrieta and RP Pedro Strop for SP Scott Feldman and C Steve Clevenger (Clevenger was eventually turned into Mark Trumbo)

Orioles to Brewers: SP Zach Davies for OF Gerardo Parra

Orioles to Angels: SP Parker Bridwell for Cash

I am not greedy... just one deal that was suspect to begin with.

Dickey for Thor.

Signing Crawford
    Signing Sandoval

Neither of these moves are defensible in any way, and were obviously horrible signings before the ink was dry on the contract.

Getting rid of Turner and Murphy

Pedro Martinez.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    Getting rid of Turner and Murphy
    A Duda, Murphy, Rosario and Turner infield would look nice.

Not a deal but letting Maddux walk is easily the worst decision the Cubs made in my lifetime. No particularly close 2nd, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post
    I saw this on the Blue Jays Forum, so I figured I would post here to see what people might come up for different teams:

What are some deals that have been made that you wish your team could take back? Being a Marlins fan there are too many for me to list.
    Could've given me a little credit for it lol.

Definitely the Thor for Dickey trade. Although I understand why it was done at the time, it never really accomplished the end result of a WS. That rotation was supposed to be Dickey, Romero, Johnson, Buerlhe, Morrow. Should've been great but we all know what actually happened.

The other was Halladay to the Phillies. I think management could've played hardball. But Halladay was so respected here that they just let him go for no where near as much as they could've gotten. He had a limited no trade IIRC. Even if it was a full no trade, Phillies should've paid more for that caliber pitcher.

Archer+ for Garza

Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    Archer+ for Garza
    That's easy to say but the way things transpired after that, so many dominoes fell the extreme right way that may never have taken place if we'd held onto Archer. In a vacuum, yeah - obvious poor decision (even at the time it didn't look good). But the way things ultimately worked out consequently, either directly or indirectly, hard to complain, for me personally.

To some degree you can say this about anything the Cubs did since '11 though.

Quote Originally Posted by turnaround3 View Post
    That's easy to say but the way things transpired after that, so many dominoes fell the extreme right way that may never have taken place if we'd held onto Archer. In a vacuum, yeah - obvious poor decision (even at the time it didn't look good). But the way things ultimately worked out consequently, either directly or indirectly, hard to complain, for me personally.

To some degree you can say this about anything the Cubs did since '11 though.
    I mean the thread asks which deal we wish we could take back, not which deal keeps you up at night. Sure we wouldn't have Carl + Grimm, but we would have one of the 5-10 best pitchers in the game and probably wouldn't have needed to sign Lackey.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast