Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: The Lions should....

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • release him outright. Let him try to win a title before he retires.

    1 16.67%
  • do nothing. Let him rot.

    2 33.33%
  • trade him for a conditional pick. Might as well try to help the team.

    4 66.67%
  • move. The Lions are idiotic. First Barry, now Calvin??? Fire everyone.

    2 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 71
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    N
    Posts
    19,730

    What to do with Calvin?

    The guy wants to play. Just not in Detroit.

    Detroit can release him or better yet, trade him.

    What do u think?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    5,187
    Trade him if you can if not he's retired and don't worry about him.
    2017 DRAFT GAME CHAMPION SUPREME!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    16,346
    he's a ****ing idiot. if he wanted to play we could simply trade him

    yet he keeps dragging the Lions down every month. dude needs to shut up and stay retired. why not say all this stuff at once, dude wants attention

    #QWiNNING

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    7,534
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket View Post
    he's a ****ing idiot. if he wanted to play we could simply trade him

    yet he keeps dragging the Lions down every month. dude needs to shut up and stay retired. why not say all this stuff at once, dude wants attention
    He's acting like a *****. If he would have said this before he retired, I have no problem with that. Don't say this **** after you retire, when last year he said that it was because he was "sick of the NFL" and their lack of concern for player safety, then last month says that he lied about having concussions to medical staff so he can stay in the game. Just ask for a trade if you wanted to go to a winning team.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    16,346
    Quote Originally Posted by RB#20 View Post
    He's acting like a *****. If he would have said this before he retired, I have no problem with that. Don't say this **** after you retire, when last year he said that it was because he was "sick of the NFL" and their lack of concern for player safety, then last month says that he lied about having concussions to medical staff so he can stay in the game. Just ask for a trade if you wanted to go to a winning team.
    right. he's acting like he has to play for us no matter what or something lmao... like nah man we would trade you with with your terrible contract tf outta Detroit.

    how's he about to say ohhh i left cause i don't think we'll go to the super bowl.. right as we're becoming a pretty good team with a new GM

    #QWiNNING

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    10,190
    No way the Lions could trade Johnson. His contract is too high and the cap hit would hurt. He signed a contract so he should honor it. Lions actually did the right thing in this scenario and now I have no problem for them going after the signing bonus.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Southern CA
    Posts
    23,204
    Just release the dude. Was a great player/teammate while playing and turning into a diva in retirement.

    For future players. Don't sign 7 year contracts then if you don't want to play it out. And definitely don't ***** about it half way through.
    2015 Detroit Lions Prediction Game WINNER

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    N
    Posts
    19,730
    Calvin re-signed in 2012, the team was coming off its first playoff appearance in forever after improving its record three years in a row. When he re-signed, Detroit finally looked like it was turning the corner.

    Then, the SOL happened.

    2012: Aaron Berry stuff starts the season, Reiff & Broyles were the first two picks & the Lions lost 8 in a row to end the season. They finished 4-12. So much for turning the corner.

    2013: Lions are 1st in the division at Thanksgiving.....then drop 3 in a row to end the season & miss the playoffs. Shartz is fired.

    2014: Clay Sr dies. The Joe Lombardi era begins. Dallasgate.

    2015: Suh is allowed to walk. Laken Tomlinson is the 1st round pick. 1-7 start. Lombardi, Lewand, Mayhew fired.



    Gee...for some reason, Calvin thought he had no chance to win a SB here. And the fans turn on him like rabid dogs. Go Lions!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    7,534
    Quote Originally Posted by whooligun View Post
    Calvin re-signed in 2012, the team was coming off its first playoff appearance in forever after improving its record three years in a row. When he re-signed, Detroit finally looked like it was turning the corner.

    Then, the SOL happened.

    2012: Aaron Berry stuff starts the season, Reiff & Broyles were the first two picks & the Lions lost 8 in a row to end the season. They finished 4-12. So much for turning the corner.

    2013: Lions are 1st in the division at Thanksgiving.....then drop 3 in a row to end the season & miss the playoffs. Shartz is fired.

    2014: Clay Sr dies. The Joe Lombardi era begins. Dallasgate.

    2015: Suh is allowed to walk. Laken Tomlinson is the 1st round pick. 1-7 start. Lombardi, Lewand, Mayhew fired.



    Gee...for some reason, Calvin thought he had no chance to win a SB here. And the fans turn on him like rabid dogs. Go Lions!
    And at 2016 he could have asked for a trade if he wanted to go to a winning team. I know in the other thread that you asked "what does this say about Stafford?" but really, what does it say about Caldwell too? If he feels that the Lions will never win a SB.

    If he wants to play, and can still play, and most importantly, still wants to play here, I welcome him back with open arms. He's a great talent. If he's just going to continue being a baby about everything, then shut the **** up and move on.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Southern CA
    Posts
    23,204
    Quote Originally Posted by whooligun View Post
    Calvin re-signed in 2012, the team was coming off its first playoff appearance in forever after improving its record three years in a row. When he re-signed, Detroit finally looked like it was turning the corner.

    Then, the SOL happened.

    2012: Aaron Berry stuff starts the season, Reiff & Broyles were the first two picks & the Lions lost 8 in a row to end the season. They finished 4-12. So much for turning the corner.

    2013: Lions are 1st in the division at Thanksgiving.....then drop 3 in a row to end the season & miss the playoffs. Shartz is fired.

    2014: Clay Sr dies. The Joe Lombardi era begins. Dallasgate.

    2015: Suh is allowed to walk. Laken Tomlinson is the 1st round pick. 1-7 start. Lombardi, Lewand, Mayhew fired.



    Gee...for some reason, Calvin thought he had no chance to win a SB here. And the fans turn on him like rabid dogs. Go Lions!
    The dude got drafted by a crappy team, if that is his mentality he should have retired before he was even drafted.

    But really even if we did say we would release him or trade him I doubt he comes back. I think he is fine now with no longer playing.
    2015 Detroit Lions Prediction Game WINNER

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    N
    Posts
    19,730
    I personally think the draft is ridiculous.

    Players should be allowed to play for whoever they want. Talents like Barry & Calvin get destroyed in shitholes like Detroit.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    10,190
    Quote Originally Posted by whooligun View Post
    I personally think the draft is ridiculous.

    Players should be allowed to play for whoever they want. Talents like Barry & Calvin get destroyed in shitholes like Detroit.
    League would crumble as only certain teams would get the best players.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    N
    Posts
    19,730
    Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    League would crumble as only certain teams would get the best players.
    Crumble? There would still be a salary cap.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    7,534
    Quote Originally Posted by whooligun View Post
    I personally think the draft is ridiculous.

    Players should be allowed to play for whoever they want. Talents like Barry & Calvin get destroyed in shitholes like Detroit.
    So... essentially just eliminate half the teams in the NFL? Who will want to play for Cleveland, Detroit, or any place with horrible weather? Miami, LA, Oakland, etc. will be the best teams every year.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    N
    Posts
    19,730
    Quote Originally Posted by RB#20 View Post
    So... essentially just eliminate half the teams in the NFL? Who will want to play for Cleveland, Detroit, or any place with horrible weather? Miami, LA, Oakland, etc. will be the best teams every year.
    Free agents sign with Cleveland, Detroit & all these other horrible weather teams.

    Anyone wanting to play NFL football will sign. Lots of players out there that want a chance to start.

    You're a QB coming out of college. You wanna get drafted to sit for 4 years like Garoppolo or you want to go sign with a QB needy team and actually play?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •