Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Raps acquire cj miles by sign and trade for cory Joseph

Woj

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

Not sure about this one.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

The Raptors have lost all their top defenders lol.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

So..

Lowry, Delon, VanVleet
    DD, Powell
    Miles, Powell, OG
    Ibaka, Siakam
    JV, JP

I totally forgot we had Delon lol
    Last edited by aman_13; 07-09-2017 at 01:58 PM.

VanVleet is 3rd string.

How is CJ as defender?

Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    So..

Lowry, VanVleet?
    DD, Powell
    Miles, Powell, OG
    Ibaka, Siakam
    JV, JP
    This team is an absolute mess! They are trending in the wrong direction and locking up their money to the wrong players. The raps not only can't win while lebron is in the east, but they also can't win with this core. Season after season we see the same players crumble like a cheap lawn chair in the playoffs (Derozan/Lowry). We have way to many holes and ZERO D. Trouble trouble. This was the perfect opportunity to rebuild/acquire draft picks/move on with a 2/3 year rebuild plan and be ready to compete then. I just don't get it, and what I don't get even more is everyone loves Masai and his moves. We had to get hosed and give up a 1st and 2nd to dump a crappy contract he signed in the first place. Him admitting to his mistake at that cost and people Laud him. He hasn't drafted ANYONE worth anything, he hasn't signed a free agent worth noting, and made a trade last year (Ibaka) that everyone and their mother knew was a done deal.

I just don't get it. Can someone please just help me understand (in a polite way). The only thing I understand is that this is all about the business side and butts in the seats. Not about competing to win. False hope is all they can provide. I also don't think Burying Powell again to the bench is smart. He's ready to start. Period.feel free to disagree : )

Quote Originally Posted by lorneg34:31739795

This team is an absolute mess! They are trending in the wrong direction and locking up their money to the wrong players. The raps not only can't win while lebron is in the east, but they also can't win with this core. Season after season we see the same players crumble like a cheap lawn chair in the playoffs (Derozan/Lowry). We have way to many holes and ZERO D. Trouble trouble. This was the perfect opportunity to rebuild/acquire draft picks/move on with a 2/3 year rebuild plan and be ready to compete then. I just don't get it, and what I don't get even more is everyone loves Masai and his moves. We had to get hosed and give up a 1st and 2nd to dump a crappy contract he signed in the first place. Him admitting to his mistake at that cost and people Laud him. He hasn't drafted ANYONE worth anything, he hasn't signed a free agent worth noting, and made a trade last year (Ibaka) that everyone and their mother knew was a done deal.

I just don't get it. Can someone please just help me understand (in a polite way). The only thing I understand is that this is all about the business side and butts in the seats. Not about competing to win. False hope is all they can provide.
    This is fair criticism. We all knew this off season was a challenge for Masai and it's showing. Not the ideal off season thus far but this is the harsh reality of going all in with Lowry, DD and Ibaka.

I'm shocked. WTF. This is a fantastic deal. You guys are out of your minds. CoJo was a waste for us. What did Cojo contribute? He couldn't shoot the 3 well enough. He wasn't great at finishing or taking it to the rim. The only thing CoJo did well was bring the energy. We could always expect CoJo to give his 100% and I respect him for that. But he was making way too much and he was expandable.

I was expecting to dump him for nothing, while I'm pretty sure Miles was an FA that a lot of us were hoping to get with the MLE opened up by the Carroll trade.

So Masai not only opened up the position for Delon, who contributes just as much as CoJo. He got us a fantastic 3 point shooter who can hold his own defensively off the bench. This and the Carroll trade really shape us up nice.

Lowry - Delon
    Derozan - Miles
    Powell - MLE
    Ibaka - Siakham
    JV - Holliday

We look fine. We just need to spend the MLE and try and add another 4 after we add another wing with the MLE. Welcome to the modern day NBA, where you build your core, then surround them with nothing but 3 point shooters. Which Masai, based on today's trades clearly gets.

He dumped two albatrosses we wanted no part of and added two bench players who can really shoot the 3 well. Miles is awesome.

I totally forgot we had Delon lol

So..

Lowry, VanVleet?
    DD, Powell
    Miles, Powell, OG
    Ibaka, Siakam
    JV, JP
    Forgetting Delon Wright

How is CJ as defender?
    Was his biggest asset before he developed his shot.

Raptors better make good on the promise to have more ball movement. VAST majority of Miles' 3's are assisted. But with over 40% from 3 (and around 50% on corner 3's) with the ability to play D, he should be an improvement on Carroll.

So structuring this as a sign and trade keeps the MLE open?

Quote Originally Posted by TO Rapz View Post
    I'm shocked. WTF. This is a fantastic deal. You guys are out of your minds. CoJo was a waste for us. What did Cojo contribute? He couldn't shoot the 3 well enough. He wasn't great at finishing or taking it to the rim. The only thing CoJo did well was bring the energy. We could always expect CoJo to give his 100% and I respect him for that. But he was making way too much and he was expandable.

I was expecting to dump him for nothing, while I'm pretty sure Miles was an FA that a lot of us were hoping to get with the MLE opened up by the Carroll trade.

So Masai not only opened up the position for Delon, who contributes just as much as CoJo. He got us a fantastic 3 point shooter who can hold his own defensively off the bench. This and the Carroll trade really shape us up nice.

Lowry - Delon
    Derozan - Miles
    Powell - MLE
    Ibaka - Siakham
    JV - Holliday

We look fine. We just need to spend the MLE and try and add another 4 after we add another wing with the MLE. Welcome to the modern day NBA, where you build your core, then surround them with nothing but 3 point shooters. Which Masai, based on today's trades clearly gets.

He dumped two albatrosses we wanted no part of and added two bench players who can really shoot the 3 well. Miles is awesome.
    Whose gonna be the ones that stops the basketball from going in the net on the other end? And with that said, if this is the direction the team is going in, we have the WRONG head coach to lead this team.

3 yrs/$25 mil

Solid, solid deal.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    So structuring this as a sign and trade keeps the MLE open?
    And the 10.8 million TPE

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast