Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dyst View Post
    At best Valentine has "potential", but he's not good at any one thing. Isn't really a dribbler, doesn't shoot lights out, defense isn't good, very careless with the ball. It's only year 2 so I guess he should be given more time but typically these things don't just fix themselves at this point in a players age. Also, our staff can't develop anyone so he's not getting any help.
    Yeah I'm not really a fan of his game. He's pretty much just a spot up shooter but not a good one. He still hasn't gotten to the free throw line in all 3 games he's played and he's played at least 30 mins in each of those games. I don't see him as anything more than a 11th or 12th man on a good playoff team.

The dude is what 24 now? And from my eye is better with the ball in his hand than without. I think your right with out the ball imo he's just a spot up shooter. With the ball he can help relive pressure off pg duties in a pinch. But prob will always be just someone who is good at a lot of things not really good or great with one thing.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    hypothetically if denzel had more athleticism and quickness he would be a lot better. right now. he just lacks nba level athleticism to beat guys off the dribble. so he is forced to try and over dribble and create something using ball handling. which he is not elite at.

this said. if denzel had elite level or even good athletism. he would not have been there at our pick last year anyway.

I do love his passing. but last year. it didn't seem to work out well. (like guys were not expecting the ball. or something and a lot ended in turnovers)

like some have already pointed out. his shooting is ok but not great. in the end. you have an average overall SG with potentially elite level passing. I'm just not sure where that gets you in the nba.

I'm trying to find a comparison of if (insert average SG name here) and you added an elite level passing. how much better would they have been. the problem is. everyone I am looking at is a lot more athletic than denzel will ever be.

so imagine etwan more and add elite level passing. how much better could he be in that hypothetical. to me. not much.

this all said. I have been wrong before. if I was denzel. I would look hard at Manu Ginobli and try and see how he made it work. especially in his latter years. Manu didn't come in as an elite shooter either. but improved. and in his latter year. didn't have the athletism but still made it work. denzel should try and do the same. and figure out how to be more crafty while improving his 3pt shot.

I'm not saying we have Manu on our hands at all. but using him as a reference could be huge to figure out how to make his style work in the nba.

Give him Niko opportunities... and wait until he is 27.
    If he can be consistent on his Shooting he will be a good basketball player. He needs playing time. To bad he will be playing with guys like Payne....

I agree with Baller, he can take pressure off PG.

I also agree with Kyben. He lacks athleticism, he will never be a guy like Jimmy. He will have to rely on his shooting and passing and also be better defensively. Its up to the coaching staff to guide him. Ups....

A lot of his passes get tipped by the defender, kicked by the defender or just zips out of bounds or in awkward spots, which puts it more on Valentine and his lack of awareness.

I was watching the broadcast for the last game and they kept saying how he had a high basketball IQ. I just don't see that. These guys need to stop with up selling every one. He is 'okay' in the IQ department. Chris Paul, Steve Nash (just to name a quick two) are guys with great IQ. Denzel makes passes, that's about it.

Maybe in NCAA he was, but in the NBA when defenders are on you and more athletic, I haven't seen much of it anything to garner that sort of praise. It's like how in games the last couple years every damn announcer praised Dougy and Niko for their shooting. It's just wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by dyst View Post
    A lot of his passes get tipped by the defender, kicked by the defender or just zips out of bounds or in awkward spots, which puts it more on Valentine and his lack of awareness.

I was watching the broadcast for the last game and they kept saying how he had a high basketball IQ. I just don't see that. These guys need to stop with up selling every one. He is 'okay' in the IQ department. Chris Paul, Steve Nash (just to name a quick two) are guys with great IQ. Denzel makes passes, that's about it.

Maybe in NCAA he was, but in the NBA when defenders are on you and more athletic, I haven't seen much of it anything to garner that sort of praise. It's like how in games the last couple years every damn announcer praised Dougy and Niko for their shooting. It's just wrong.
    Are you serious? So because he isnt on the level of two of the best point guards to ever play, he doesnt have a high iq. Calderon has an high iq but he wasnt anything special.

The only reason he got to where he is is because of his IQ. He does nothing great. So unless you are saying someone paid off alot of people to get him to the nba, all thats left is his iq.

Also iq isnt just about passing.
    Last edited by ChitownbullsBG7; 07-12-2017 at 07:27 PM.

Blakeney with 16 points at the half.

Halftime Bulls lead 41-35

This summer league team plays better without cameron payne lol

Bulls need to sign Blakeney before someone else does.

Blakeney good, means Bulls wont close deal

Another scary thing about Valentine. He's a decently high pick, one year of NBA game experience and he hasn't really looked much better than the other scrubs out there. Not saying he sucks but seems like a bench player.

Mark Schanowski*@MarkSchanowski

Bulls SL team runs out of gas in loss to Blazers. No Dunn, Markkanen, Zipser or Payne. 1 consolation game left to play.

Chicago Sports News*@ChiSportUpdates

In 4 Summer League games, Denzel Valentine shot 17 for 57. Valentine has 12 assists and 13 turnovers in total. #Bulls

Lol shot 17 for 57 (29%)

"High basketball IQ"

Bulls summer league

Hate to say it but Denzel falls in the class of good college player who will be not so great as a pro. For him to stick around he better fix his shot.

It's been seven NBA seasons since this team has drafted and developed an actual NBA caliber player, that player was Jimmy Butler. I know that's in line with most NBA teams probably but seven years is a long time.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast