Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Bulls summer league

I loved what I seen out of Lauri. Very exciting and as I was expecting. The kids gonna be a good one eventually.

Dunn- looks like a pg butler on d and looks solid. Not a world beater but I still think he can be a nice solid NBA starting pg.

Payne- isn't a NBA player and or if he will should a ball handler 12 man off the bench at best,given what I seen today. I don't see what gar/pax seen in him and got hosed on this deal. Mercy we need to get a new gm sooner than later.
    Last edited by ballerkingn2; 07-08-2017 at 07:16 PM.

Yeah Payne shoots like the douche bag at the rec center! He is absolutely perfect for a tank though. This roster in general is. Zipser looked like **** today. We really need to sign a SF asap. Although i want us to lose so i'm ok waiting.

Payne is one of those guys that probably hit long range shots as a youth, in college and in practice so he thinks he's a shooter but never makes them in game action. To save his career he needs to stop and just facilitate or drive at most.

Also, I'm a firm believer that guys that suck, should change up their look just to do something different. Payne should cut his hair, Niko should shave his beard etc:

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Payne looked terrible. honestly wish he would not play again in the summer league he ruined the offense and could not hit a dann thing. he was finishing at the rim ok but settled for jumpers far too often

denzel also looked sloppy. but less so than Payne. he has quite a few turnovers. trying to get the ball to mark on the pop. the mavs knew it was coming and cut it off almost every time.

Dunn looked ok but I wish he finished a few he missed. he surely looks to me like the sure fire starter pending injury or somebody else coming in.

Mark looked good. but to me. was too passive. he did have a really nice start. but really got quite. I wish he was more demonstrative and demanding the ball. but part of that had to do with bad quick shots by Payne and denzel. they rarely used him in the post after the first few minutes. and the pick and pop game stoped working. he clearly has to get stronger. but he has skill

Our play was just bad overall because of our pg play. Cam just kept shooting 3s and Dunn was trying to do too much. I'm ok with Dunn but cam was just pathetic. Hate to say this but I'd rather have Doug than this. Lauri would've had 20+ points if our guards actually had a brain. They didn't even recognize they he had it going. He's a really skilled big. He can be kristos good. Zipser was playing without a brain as well. Overall I'm optimistic about lauri and zach "baywatch" Lavine. Oh, man that yogi farell is a beast man. Smith Jr is going to be solid too.

Another really good all around game for Troy Williams. How is this guy not signed yet?

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    Another really good all around game for Troy Williams. How is this guy not signed yet?
    I've been impressed with him since last year, If I'm not mistaken I think he did very well then to, I also liked him in college but imo he's looking better now then he did when he was at Indiana. I honestly think that not only should he be on someones roster but I think he could see some minutes on a bad team especially one like ours. I'm not getting my hopes up tho because I don't think our FO is competent enough to pick him up, I think he would be a steal especially if he went to a team where he has a chance to get some minutes. Hell I actually think he would have a chance at starting at SF for us.

Payne I rather him play off the ball and be a stand still shooter, than try and be a facilitator. I know it's just one game but I do think he can shoot enough to be respectable.

I think over time the bulls will realize Dunn isnt a pg. He can play in a pinch but his role from my observation is a combo guard then a pure pg.

I do think also he's too used to playing behind Westbrook being like Westbrook trying to jack up shots all the time. What he needs to do is find his own game,and play within himself and maybe he can become a adaqute back up combo guard.

Ideallly he would come off the bench put up some shots n score in small spurts then return him to the bench. He's definitely not starting material though imo thus far..

Lauri I pray doesn't become Tony snell 2.0 mentally. Something about euros that just hang out on the perimeter,but if he can play with more in the paint and with an edge, I think he can great.

I hope he and Portis strike up a repor as and Portia mentality can rub off on Lauri.

To me if he can play tougher It wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility for Lauri to make it on the all NBA rookie 1st.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by ballerkingn2 View Post
    Lauri I pray doesn't become Tony snell 2.0 mentally. Something about euros that just hang out on the perimeter,but if he can play with more in the paint and with an edge, I think he can great.

I hope he and Portis strike up a repor as and Portia mentality can rub off on Lauri.

To me if he can play tougher It wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility for Lauri to make it on the all NBA rookie 1st.
    I am actually less worried about the attitude. yesterday I saw him dive to the rim. post up. take some bumps. and while physically it detered him from diving to the rim. mentally he came back on the play after and did it again.. rolled and took the same hit. once he bulks up and fills out. I think he will be better suited physically to go inside and bump and grind. I don't think mentally he will have any issues.

I just noticed that consistently on his roll to the basket off picks he was just physically outworked. however. instead of coming back. and poping the next time. he instead went back to try it again. even if it did not work

Saw the Markannen highlights and I was enthused. Finished strong inside as a 7 footer should, finished with both hands down low, and that jumper looks wet. A very smooth, quick release which makes him a nightmare in the pick and pop game. A lot of that is going to come down to PG play, but Lauri definitely makes it easy for his PGs.

PGs were kind of getting him involved in the first half. It's the second half where the pgs started chucking up shots and ignored rest of thier teammates. Rondo and Markannen would of played great together.
    Last edited by Ak_47; 07-09-2017 at 07:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    Saw the Markannen highlights and I was enthused. Finished strong inside as a 7 footer should, finished with both hands down low, and that jumper looks wet. A very smooth, quick release which makes him a nightmare in the pick and pop game. A lot of that is going to come down to PG play, but Lauri definitely makes it easy for his PGs.
    He's great at keep the ball out of reach of shot blocks when he's trying to finish too. Saw that on one of his lefty finishes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Payne is playing because the FO is trying to make something good (decent) out of a terrible trade.
    Just my opinion...

Quote Originally Posted by O_Touro View Post
    Payne is playing because the FO is trying to make something good (decent) out of a terrible trade.
    Just my opinion...
    Or it's because it is summer league................

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast