Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Are you saying that because there are reports he's considering retirement after the season? Because I thought there was "little to no chance" of him getting fired.
    Yes. Retirement is part of the equation, as is that his contract expires at the end of the season.

If the Mets do not offer him a 2018 contract - I don't consider that as being the same as being fired during a contract.
    Every manager has a shelf life. Terry had had a good run.
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears but they seem kinda sensible...."

Yes. Retirement is part of the equation, as is that his contract expires at the end of the season.

If the Mets do not offer him a 2018 contract - I don't consider that as being the same as being fired during a contract.
    Unless he's retiring, they're essentially relieving him of his duties. Euphemisms aside, its sounds like the politically correct way of firing someone while allowing them to save face some.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Unless he's retiring, they're essentially relieving him of his duties. Euphemisms aside, its sounds like the politically correct way of firing someone while allowing them to save face some.
    if thats how you want to see it.

Point is there is a big difference berween firing someine in-season and not extending a new contract over the winter. If you fire them in season, you' have zero confidence in them.

Personally I think TC is going to step out on his own. As FOC said, he had a good run - and he proved all the haters wrong about his ability to handle a clubhouse.

if thats how you want to see it.

Point is there is a big difference berween firing someine in-season and not extending a new contract over the winter. If you fire them in season, you' have zero confidence in them.

Personally I think TC is going to step out on his own. As FOC said, he had a good run - and he proved all the haters wrong about his ability to handle a clubhouse.
    Its not how I see it. Its what it is.

If he's not retiring and they're not mutually parting ways, they're firing him. Not extending him a new contract is basically saying his services are no longer needed. If you want to hung up on trivialities, fine, but there are a lot of ways to present something as something else.

Sometimes you're presented a circumstance where if you dont step out, we're going to step out for you.

Off-season Needs

Same thing as "getting laid off"

Chances are you weren't deemed valuable, and people get so offended or shocked that they're not worth anything, that they'll sue and make a stink. You're getting fired 90 percent of the time when you get laid off.

That's how I see it with Terry after the season.

Trimming the fat, but our PC America has gotta make it seem like you're still a "winner" even though you didn't make the cut.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112