Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Favorite Barry Bonds moment?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • 500th home run

0 0%
  • Home runs #71 and #72

2 50.00%
  • Home run #756

0 0%
  • 2002 World Series

0 0%
  • Yankee Stadium home run

0 0%
  • Other (please name)

2 50.00%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Holy ****....calm the **** down, ya jabroni. If you want to be supremely bothered by the life outside of the lines of someone who plays a game to entertain us, be my guest. Bonds entertained me greatly and was a huge contributor to my favorite sporting franchise.

....and not that it matters but I'm close to 40. Might want to work on your deduction skills (as well as take a Valium or two).

"there's no shines in my shinebox"

Pachyderm do you realize that baseball has been dealing with drug enhancements since forever! Wether it was showing up to games drunk, popping greenies, cocaine, steroids etc... some of the all time best were known to pop greenies. And there is no telling how many guys were on steroids during the 90's, well more then half I bet. You might as well quit watching the game if your gonna jump off of the bridge about bonds and Mark taking steroids lmao. The accusers accusing those of being dirty were probably dirty themselves!

What happened to that list of 84 players who popped a positive test just before it was officially banned? That never got leaked because of who was on it, and it would've tarnished baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by pachyderm View Post
    Well, how arrogant would it be, is a better way to put it.

but, and i'm making a huge assumption, but how old are you?

you sound like one these little millennial ***** that thinks you should get anything and everything you want simply because you want it.

you don't un-retire a number.

he's a spoiled turd and his actions prove it.

he cheated. how can you approve of that?

mark mcgwire, who i loved, also cheated. nothing he did means anything to me now.

do you overlook everything? nothing matters, rules, procedures?

if you stand for nothing, you'll fall for anything. and that, not to pick soley on you, seems what is going with BB's fan base.

so i've got no use for him.

and yeah, there is something wrong with him wanting his god father's retired number. the hubris in that one moment was so thick you could cut it with a knife. it's sad that you, and others like you, can't, or couldn't, see that.
    Bonds was arrogant, spoiled, and a dick back then but I don't see anything wrong with a family member wanting their family member's number, no matters how holy it is. It's not like Charlie Hayes asked for #24 and pouted. This is a legit reason. I see zero issue with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    Come on man, let's chill. No need for that.

Back on topic. Bonds no doubt was arrogant, spoiled, and a dick back then but I don't see anything wrong with a family member wanting their family member's number, no matters how holy it is. It's not like Charlie Hayes asked for #24 and pouted. This is a legit reason. I see zero issue with that.
    Charlie who? Asked for me??
    "They throw the ball, I hit it. They hit the ball, I catch it." - Willie Mays

Quote Originally Posted by everyotheryear View Post
    Pachyderm do you realize that baseball has been dealing with drug enhancements since forever! Wether it was showing up to games drunk, popping greenies, cocaine, steroids etc... some of the all time best were known to pop greenies. And there is no telling how many guys were on steroids during the 90's, well more then half I bet. You might as well quit watching the game if your gonna jump off of the bridge about bonds and Mark taking steroids lmao. The accusers accusing those of being dirty were probably dirty themselves!
    I've always seen it more of a media instigated scandal than anything else. (Yes full disclosure, I hate the media!) Not condoning drug use (of any kind!), but I always said you never hear about the guys who were juicing and still sucked. No interest from the media about them was there?

Rock stars and movie stars are entertainers, over paid with huge egos too. Many use(d) drugs/alcohol and/or are/were involved in some scandal or another, and are at times glamorized by the press. People just laugh it off, "Oh that Charlie Sheen is so crazy!" and "That Snoop Dog guy is always so stoned!" Where's the media's outrage about them?

And certainly MLB was 'aware' of what was going on, and looked the other way until it got the negative publicity. Can blame them for their part in it too.
    "They throw the ball, I hit it. They hit the ball, I catch it." - Willie Mays

Yeah agreed, selig is just as much at fault. They needed a boost after the strike and they got it!

Bonds might of been all those things but he still autographed a rookie baseball card as well as a baseball for me so he's good in my book!

Quote Originally Posted by #24 View Post
    Charlie who? Asked for me??
    What type of fan are you if you don't know the great Charlie Hayes?!??!?!??!?

Yeah agreed, selig is just as much at fault. They needed a boost after the strike and they got it!
    And Selig is going into the HOF .

What happened to that list of 84 players who popped a positive test just before it was officially banned? That never got leaked because of who was on it, and it would've tarnished baseball.
    More like 104 names. It should have been released after A-Rod, Sosa, and a few other names were leaked. In fact, it should have been in the Mitchell Report.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

duh...

and his, and the all the others, unrepentant attitude makes it even more repugnant.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123