Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Pistons trade Marcus Morris to the Celtics for Avery Bradley

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    Love it.

Will miss Morris's toughness, but it puts a crimp in KCP plans if he was thinking he'd get max and we'd match.

Can resign Bradley next season if KCP leaves this season or decides to sign 1 year deal.

I think this means Harris moves to the 3, Leuer & Ellenson at the 4.

Another trade that SVG/Bowers make and no leaks about it.

Very, very good deal.

I guess this means KCP is gone
    Using Tapatalk

Wow crazy, I honestly don't know how I feel about this one... what direction is this roster headed. Losing out on Morris and KCP maybe for a 1 year rental doesn't really sound all that great to me, even if Bradley does sign an extension it's hard to see how this is an improvement.

might as well start tanking for the next 4 years... Dubs gonna win the title every year

#QWiNNING

Quote Originally Posted by jlisec01 View Post
    Wow crazy, I honestly don't know how I feel about this one... what direction is this roster headed. Losing out on Morris and KCP maybe for a 1 year rental doesn't really sound all that great to me, even if Bradley does sign an extension it's hard to see how this is an improvement.
    Morris was in year 3 of a 4 year deal and would be an UFA in 2019. Thus, assuming no reasonable decliine / injury - he's getting paid and given his UFA - we couldn't "match" to go over the cap (I believe). So he'd be gone for nothing. At age 30.

KCP - it pretty much sets his price to resign.

It basically comes down to picking Bradley vs. KCP if KCP wants a max. We can still squeeze KCP at less than max, find a taker for Leuer next deadline / summer - Bradley will get 20M (assume for simplicity sake) so net effect of lux tax is a push - roughly.

Not many teams will have max or near max cap room next summer. This helps us - but if Bradley puts up same season as last two averages - 15.7 / 4 / 2 with 1 steal and shooting 37% from 3 and 45% overall, he'll get paid.

This trade gives us the opportunity to be the payer - which without the trade we wouldn't be close. Again, the biggest point is not many teams will have max room next season and I believe we can resign Bradley now if we want which would preclude signing KCP - unless we take a massive tax hit. But it does give us options if KCP bolts or wants too much money.

As for tanking? Gores still needs to fill seats. Given the Det economy - people will pay to see a good team hustle, get better and most likely come up short. Nobody will pay to see a bad team hustle and not have the chance to come up short.

I believe Tennyson once said: It is better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.

The Pistons are renouncing Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, allowing him to become an unrestricted free agent.
    via rotoworld

via rotoworld
    Guess we get to see what KCP would fetch on the open-open market.

But it does not appear he's coming back.

Didn't see we also picked up 2019 2nd round pick from Boston in the Bradley / Morris trade. Not that it was the final piece. But . . .

Now: who would you guys rather have? KCP or Bradley?

Quote Originally Posted by markbutter View Post
    Guess we get to see what KCP would fetch on the open-open market.

But it does not appear he's coming back.

Didn't see we also picked up 2019 2nd round pick from Boston in the Bradley / Morris trade. Not that it was the final piece. But . . .

Now: who would you guys rather have? KCP or Bradley?
    Bradley is what delusional KCP fans thought KCP was...

👑

via rotoworld
    wait what? I don't understand

we let him go for nothing?

I can accept that, KCP and Morris were two of my favorite Piston's that's why this trade kind of annoyed me at first but I'd take Bradley over KCP. I can start to see this being an improvement now, ultimately guys like Andre, Reggie, and Stanley are still going to have to step up if this team wants to do anything. I still have complete faith in svg.

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    wait what? I don't understand

we let him go for nothing?
    Yep. Likely had to make room to bring Bradley in financially, and with Bradley, Galloway, and Kennard all added at the 2, he as as good as gone. Rumor is the Lakers want to sign him to a bloated 1-year deal just to take up space and then let him go at it again in FA next year.

Yep. Likely had to make room to bring Bradley in financially, and with Bradley, Galloway, and Kennard all added at the 2, he as as good as gone. Rumor is the Lakers want to sign him to a bloated 1-year deal just to take up space and then let him go at it again in FA next year.
    FWIW: ESPN says KCP was asking for 25M+. NJ will pursue him once Washington matches Porter's offer sheet. But my understanding is that by waiting to officially have him sign offer sheet and the weekend, it could be the middle of next week before that space is available.

Lakers will rent him for a year to get to the floor (if they aren't there) and let him go FA next season.

This trade might just be to see how Kennard does this season, let Bradley walk next summer. Encouraged by Kennard's Summer League debut - such as Summer League action is reflective.

so if we hadn't signed Galloway we could've done a SnT with KCP somewhere. Now we have to hope Bradley signs next year or we're starting all over at the 2... or is that what Stan wants?

edit: forgot about Kennard

Two points here, neither Avery or KCP is worthy of a long term 20+mil contract cause for one there not gonna have that superstar impact and two having either player along with Luer for that matter hinders our young players development cause let's face it that's our only hope cause we're not winning it all the next 3/4 seasons

2nd as much as I loved KCP and hate seeing him go (I think he can have a slightly better career than Afflalo did who in coincidence was our best 2 guard since we let Aaron go) he wasn't a top 20 player and I feel to be successful in this league the only way to do it is to cut out these 10-15 mil or higher contracts altogether i.e Luer and Reggie and only give max deals to superstars and peanuts to everyone else..

One last thing can we talk about the cluster **** Stan has done with our salary cap HOW IS THIS TEAM Near 100 mil and I'm ok with letting KCP walk but he should have done the same with Reggie last year
    Last edited by Imakattack; 07-08-2017 at 09:30 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast