Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

2017 Summer Leagues (Dubs)

I think the best FA player in the SL should get an invite by the Dubs with an offer to join for the minimum. It's hard for a rookie to pass up getting a championship ring as a walk on

Being elite is not easy cause you will be hated on but that's me

Here's our SL roster and schedule
    http://www.nba.com/warriors/news/summer-league-roster-schedule-20170627/

Looking forward to seeing Jordan Bell in action!

Is there more than one summer league? Just based on the title.

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
    "From the stomach at birth, till I'm under the earth."

#DUBSUP

Quote Originally Posted by MackShock View Post
    Is there more than one summer league? Just based on the title.
    Yes, there are several. Very much like baseball.
    MacLean's Law: Everywhere you go there will be a jerk. Corrolary: If you go somewhere by yourself you become a jerk.

I don't care where anyone chooses to go in free agency. I really don't. Yes, KD "broke" the NBA for a year or two, but I can't blame him for going to the team that fit what he wanted.

The worst part about the Warriors winning is that now I can't have an opinion without being a "homer" or a "hater". It used to be that dialogue had merit independent of accusations.

Besides Bell, I am also looking forward to seeing walk on Bryce Alford who has some Mullin in him in the way he moves and shoot the three - smoothness! And it's good to get Bell's teammate Chris Boucher on our SL team too. They play well together

Sixers tonight guys!

Saturday, July 8
    Philadelphia 76ers
    7:30 p.m.
    Thomas & Mack Center

Quote Originally Posted by eDush View Post
    Besides Bell, I am also looking forward to seeing walk on Bryce Alford who has some Mullin in him in the way he moves and shoot the three - smoothness! And it's good to get Bell's teammate Chris Boucher on our SL team too. They play well together

Sixers tonight guys!

Saturday, July 8
    Philadelphia 76ers
    Thomas & Mack Center
    Must win ball game tonight.

gotta get the young players off on the right track- and losing to the 76ers is a good way to scar you for life- considering that team is known for consistently tanking.

Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post

gotta get the young players off on the right track- and losing to the 76ers is a good way to scar you for life- considering that team is known for consistently tanking.
    And just like that the pre-title Stylez is back.

Everybody knows these games have nothing to do with wins and losses. It's all about how you perform. The 5 guys on the Warriors Summer League roster under contract to the team are safe ... it's the rest of the guys fighting for the 1 remaining 2 way contract that are going to have their future decided.
    MacLean's Law: Everywhere you go there will be a jerk. Corrolary: If you go somewhere by yourself you become a jerk.

I don't care where anyone chooses to go in free agency. I really don't. Yes, KD "broke" the NBA for a year or two, but I can't blame him for going to the team that fit what he wanted.

The worst part about the Warriors winning is that now I can't have an opinion without being a "homer" or a "hater". It used to be that dialogue had merit independent of accusations.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post

And just like that the pre-title Stylez is back.

Everybody knows these games have nothing to do with wins and losses. It's all about how you perform. The 5 guys on the Warriors Summer League roster under contract to the team are safe ... it's the rest of the guys fighting for the 1 remaining 2 way contract that are going to have their future decided.
    Yes and I hope that one remaining spot goes to Bryce. I can picture him shooting better than ur ******_* and end up being Klay's backup down the road

Anyways, I'm more excited waiting to see our pick Jordan in action alongside with unfamiliar teammates. He sure plays taller than his actual height from what I seen and should play well. And it's good Looney and Jones is on the roster too since neither gets any real PT on the Dubs other than mop up duties it seems

Quote Originally Posted by eDush View Post

Sixers tonight guys!

Saturday, July 8
    Philadelphia 76ers
    Thomas & Mack Center

Well i don't think anyone will be able to stop Fultz - this guy is so gifted like my Steph that I just hope the Sixers and their fans will be patience when he's not playing well by treating him right unlike how Steph was treated before Jackson came along. Rookies are still that - rookies and are here to learned and improve on their overall game. More important than just win or losses during the summer Stylez

well simmons didnt play, and apparently fultz faked and injury and cut out half way through the game. would have liked to see the dubs close it out since it was close down the stretch

Jones and McCaw looked good. Bell and Looney had some good moments.

I didn't watch the game but it sounds like McCaaw has gotten better. They started him at point, so they see him as a point forward. That's the one reason I don't understand the Young signing because McCaaw is ready to play.

McCaw and Jones looked pretty good, not surprising from McCaw.

Bell looked too cocky in the defensive end, has a long way to go, needs to learn how to set a screen.

Looney looked bad for a guy who has practiced against some of the best for the past 2 years. Made a 3 which was a promising start but after that it was missed contested layups/dunks and poor hustle and box outs.

No one else really stood out.
    If I drive I'm going to have to have a lot of drinks because I am very self conscious about my driving.

Quote Originally Posted by Warriors4lyfe12 View Post
    Samhan actually worked out with the warriors in 2010, but elected to go overseas instead of jumping into the NBA to make his game better. Actually i would compare him to a poor mans blake griffin
    Quote Originally Posted by lvdub2741 View Post
    We gave up Monta for a Bogut but we could have kept him gotten someone like Omar Samahan who is just like Bogut and kept Monta.
    Ah, some sports fans

Quote Originally Posted by Yadadamean View Post
    I didn't watch the game but it sounds like McCaaw has gotten better. They started him at point, so they see him as a point forward. That's the one reason I don't understand the Young signing because McCaaw is ready to play.
    Livinston has been coming in as Klay's backup and McCaw for Curry last year. Young is looking to get Clark's minutes, but Young will only get time when his shot is dropping. The other thing is that McCaw will get some of Iguodala's minutes.

Look at it this way. The Warriors invested in Livingston and Iguodala and are interested in keeping their minutes as low as possible during the regular season ... so it's going to be McCaw, Young, and Casspi splitting the time Iguodala and Livingston and Clark are giving up.

Iguodala - 27mpg target 22mpg
    Livingston - 18mpg target 15mpg
    McCaw - 15mpg target 20mpg

Clark - 15mpg
    JMM - 9mpg

That leaves 27 minutes for Young and Casspi to split on average.

Also, I suspect the vets will get more games off this coming year.

It's the center minutes that I find more interesting. Zaza, West, Jones, Bell, Looney, and possibly McGee ... and whatever minutes Green gets at center. West, Bell, and Looney might get a few minutes at 4, but not most of the time ... and keep in mind nearly 60% of KDs minutes were at the 4 and the rest of the 4 time is Green's.

Quote Originally Posted by mavwar53 View Post
    McCaw and Jones looked pretty good, not surprising from McCaw.

Bell looked too cocky in the defensive end, has a long way to go, needs to learn how to set a screen.

Looney looked bad for a guy who has practiced against some of the best for the past 2 years. Made a 3 which was a promising start but after that it was missed contested layups/dunks and poor hustle and box outs.

No one else really stood out.
    Bell showed an ability to set screens last year, but he looked like he was rushing in the game. What bothered me more was what looked like an unwillingness to take a 12 foot jump shot and instead taking the ball to the defense.

Looney had a few good plays but still looks like he's not athletic enough.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast