Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 47 of 84 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by turnaround3 View Post
    I'm inclined to believe this as well which is why I find the wording in the original tweet so curious. Explicitly said that his industry source said Epstein had "the minor leaguers."
    Hey, if we can trade Almora and Candelario for Britton, I'd have a hard time saying no. I've not been high on Candelario for a little bit and Almora has some value...but I'm not sure how great it is.
    Miggy Montero Believes
    Do you?

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Hey, if we can trade Almora and Candelario for Britton, I'd have a hard time saying no. I've not been high on Candelario for a little bit and Almora has some value...but I'm not sure how great it is.
    Agreed entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by rcal10 View Post
    Are we talking about for just Gausman? Because Gausman came up when someone said the only guy from the major league roster they would include to get Britton would be Almora. I then asked if they would start with Happ instead of Almora if Gausman was in the deal with Britton. I never suggested Gausman for Happ. So I am now just checking on what we are actually discussing. You would offer Almora for just Gausman? But not Happ? Or would you only offer Almora from the major league roster (+ minor league players) for Britton and Gausman?
    It's less to do with Britton and Gausman's realistic trade value, as in, no I don't think Almora/Candy types are enough, and I'd absolutely think Baltimore could do better. It's simply a matter of preferring the Cubs spend their remaining resources on more elite and proven talent. Not that Britton isn't elite, but he's a relief pitcher and the team has bigger long-term issues that make me uncomfortable moving that kind of talent.

2016 PSD Cubs IGT record: 16-3 #AuthenticatesWithmyIGTs

I'd like to identify who the next Britton could be and go for that guy, much in the way that the Pirates got Rivero+ for Melancon last year.

Rivero's average fastball is 98.7 from the LH side and his ERA sits under 1 in close to 50 IP. Just a remarkable job of scouting by PIT and I have no doubt our guys could pull something like that out of their hats also.

Just get the arm talent and shape and mold him into the stud you believe he is. Any left hander throwing 97+ (theyre super rare but theyre out there) with command issues... get them in the system and let Bos go to work.

This isn't to say don't go after Britton if the price is attractive.

I remember someone in here about 3 weeks ago said he was surprised everything has been so quiet and boring. Since then... Quintana to the Cubs, Cubs linked to Avila, Gray, Fulmer, Britton, Span. All this with still being 2 weeks away from the deadline. Buckle up.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmmahhh View Post
    Brad Hand is that man, but about half the league is checking in on him.
    I think he is more established than what WOwolfOL was talking about. Don't think Hand is a good idea given his reported cost (even though I'm sure it will come way down). I think Justin Wilson is likely much cheaper and still a very quality lefty reliever.
    Dennis: My nose was chiseled by the gods themselves, Frank. My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David. You, on the other hand, well... you're a pit of despair. Frank, you disgust me. You disgust everyone. And you will never, ever be on that billboard.

Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    I'd like to identify who the next Britton could be and go for that guy, much in the way that the Pirates got Rivero+ for Melancon last year.

Rivero's average fastball is 98.7 from the LH side and his ERA sits under 1 in close to 50 IP. Just a remarkable job of scouting by PIT and I have no doubt our guys could pull something like that out of their hats also.

Just get the arm talent and shape and mold him into the stud you believe he is. Any left hander throwing 97+ (theyre super rare but theyre out there) with command issues... get them in the system and let Bos go to work.

This isn't to say don't go after Britton if the price is attractive.
    Come Be The Apple Of The PWW Owner's Eye!

*PSD Wrestling Wars Link* http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...restling-Wars!

2017 Cubs FA/Trade Thread 2.0: MLB Trade Dealine Edition

Where is Marlin Bystro when he need him

As nice as it would be to have Britton, I don't want to part with any more significant assets to get him (which means I probably wouldn't get him). We need to use our remaining big chips for another SP, not for a closer.

And Schwarber/Happ for Britton and Gasuman? Yeah, no.

I think the reported asking price for him is like a Torres level prospect

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealTI View Post
    I think the reported asking price for him is like a Torres level prospect
    Nobody's going to give up that type of top tier prospect for Brad Hand.

#FlyTheW
    2016 World Series Champions!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cubs1423 View Post
    I think he is more established than what WOwolfOL was talking about. Don't think Hand is a good idea given his reported cost (even though I'm sure it will come way down). I think Justin Wilson is likely much cheaper and still a very quality lefty reliever.
    Yeah exactly. The guys who haven't yet established themselves in the Bigs but you know the arm talent is there.

The Pirates let the Nats rent Melancon and now they have Rivero for the next 6 years.

Like the Nats have Enny Romero. He's been decent but hasn't unearthed his potential yet. But he's another guy pumping 98 from the LH side. The Nats got him for a minor league pitcher in a 1-1 deal.

The point is they have several years of control of highly unique players and the cost wasn't exorbitant.

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    Nobody's going to give up that type of top tier prospect for Brad Hand.
    https://twitter.com/JonHeyman/status/886957168586620929

Agreed they won't get that but you're not getting Hand for cheap or even a fair price it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by ilstubirds View Post
    I was bored. Tell me how far off I am on these:

Alex Avila & Justin Wilson for Albert Almora, Mark Zagunis, & Jen-ho Tseng
    Jeff Samardzija & cash considerations for Jeimer Candelario & Adbert Alzolay
    Probably not enough for either deal but I don't really want any part of the trades anyway. Avila is good but why take time away from Contreras? As for Samardzija, well, we can do better imo.

2016 PSD Cubs IGT record: 16-3 #AuthenticatesWithmyIGTs

I was bored. Tell me how far off I am on these:

Alex Avila & Justin Wilson for Albert Almora, Mark Zagunis, Jen-ho Tseng, & Dillon Maples
    Jeff Samardzija & cash considerations for Justin Grimm, Jeimer Candelario & Adbert Alzolay

Page 47 of 84 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast