Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JRollins Hater View Post
    Our inability to beat the Nats is hilarious. This team has no leadership outside of DeGrom. This is nothing close to a playoff team.

The Daniel Murphy move will be Aldersons defining moment as Mets GM.

Pretty sure thats the Dickey trade and it really isnt close

Same song and dance, getting by drubbed by the Nationals. I'm so done with this years team.

Quote Originally Posted by rebuilding View Post
    Pretty sure thats the Dickey trade and it really isnt close
    I think it's a toss up between those 2 moves. The Dickey trade was huge but the Murphy move completely changed the face of the Mets and Nats starting last season.

Quote Originally Posted by StoicSentry View Post
    I'm done with this season. As noted months ago, it would take a miracle for this team to make the playoffs.

Just trying to figure out if they're even capable of competing with the Nats next season at this point. And truth be told, I'm thinking no. Once again we're going to have to hope the starters can stay healthy, but we'll also probably need to find 1 starter and then we have to rebuild the bullpen from scratch and figure out what we're going to do at 2B, 3B, C and in at least one corner outfield spot.
    You think they have no chance of competing next year?

Of all people...

I'm done with this season. As noted months ago, it would take a miracle for this team to make the playoffs.

Just trying to figure out if they're even capable of competing with the Nats next season at this point. And truth be told, I'm thinking no. Once again we're going to have to hope the starters can stay healthy, but we'll also probably need to find 1 starter and then we have to rebuild the bullpen from scratch and figure out what we're going to do at 2B, 3B, C and in at least one corner outfield spot.

I think it's a toss up between those 2 moves. The Dickey trade was huge but the Murphy move completely changed the face of the Mets and Nats starting last season.
    Yeah, you can look at both and say it change this organization.

One for the better and the other for the worst.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nats won 86games in 2013, 96 games in 2014 and struggled in 2015 because of injuries they've been a playoff caliber team long before murphy ever got there. The Mets have gotten a franchise caliber ace in Syndergaard while Dickey has been a very expensive paper weight since he left the Mets.

Quote Originally Posted by rebuilding View Post
    Nats won 86games in 2013, 96 games in 2014 and struggled in 2015 because of injuries they've been a playoff caliber team long before murphy ever got there. The Mets have gotten a franchise caliber ace in Syndergaard while Dickey has been a very expensive paper weight since he left the Mets.
    But narratives....

Walker, Flores, and Rivera have all been awful playing 2nd base as well. The Mets haven't gotten close to the production Murphy would have given us

Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    1. It's not about the Rockies. It's about the Nationals.
    2. Falling a bit short is not a "disaster". Talk about hyperbole!
    3. If the Mets are sufficiently healthy, 3-4 games behind Washington and the Nationals are playing poorly, it would be criminal of Alderson not to look to improve the 2017 roster.
    4. Still, Alderson will have to weigh all factors -- including what other teams are offering in return -- and make a judgment call -- POINT IS right now is not the time to definitively say what he should or should not do. It's too early.
    Who said anything about trading anyone right now? I've always talked about trading around the deadline.

I used the Rockies as an example because they're actually the easier target to catch than the Nationals. And even then the scenario is highly improbable.

And the Mets are 10.5 games behind the Nats on July 4th (about to be 11.5 after today), and you talk about the Mets being 3-4 games behind the Nationals. So yeah, if a miracle happens and the Nats completely fall apart for no reason whatsoever in the next 2-3 weeks, while the Mets play perfect baseball, and somehow the gap is down to 3-4 games, fine. What are the odds of that happening?

Since you want to deal in the extremely improbable to make your point, the odds are actually a lot better that Bruce, Granderson, Reed or some other tradable asset gets hurt before the deadline, making them worthless to the Mets in a lost season.

Disaster is not properly appraising your team and setting them up for success when success is probable - like in 2018. Not trading these guys who are all about to leave anyway would absolutely be a disaster scenario for any GM barring the miracle scenario of the Mets closing the division gap by 7.5 games in the next 2 weeks.

Don't worry. He's got this.

The Mets could have resigned an MVP candidate for next to nothing who could play both 2B and 3B. Instead that MVP candidate signed with the Nats because our ownership didn't think he was any good. The impact of that move over the last 2 seasons can't be understated. Could've easily caused a 10 game swing last season. That is a tremendous impact which is why I think it's Aldersons defining moment.

Just look at today. 4 more RBI against us. So yeah, it was pretty significant.

Another injury and time for Neil Ramirez. Just end the season.

The Mets could have resigned an MVP candidate for next to nothing who could play both 2B and 3B. Instead that MVP candidate signed with the Nats because our ownership didn't think he was any good. The impact of that move over the last 2 seasons can't be understated. Could've easily caused a 10 game swing last season. That is a tremendous impact which is why I think it's Aldersons defining moment.

Just look at today. 4 more RBI against us. So yeah, it was pretty significant.
    If they had a crystal ball, I'm sure they would have re-signed him. Its not about whether anyone thought he was any good, it was about whether or not anyone could have predicted he would be this good. Regardless of what certain people re-iterate, if it was so obvious, his market wouldn't have been so limited. If you are using advanced stats, the difference between Walker and Murphy is not nearly as large as you would think either.

He's not a 3rd baseman btw.

Time to sell. I've officially given up on the season.

Counting Walks and HBP ... Our pitchers have now generously given up 340 free bases in 748 innings. Which is a fu**ing DISGRACE. And that's your season right there.

Are there still people on this board defending the Maverick for pushing Murphy out the door?

Unbelievable.
    Last edited by Coupon; 07-04-2017 at 02:14 PM.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast