Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by n8ghee View Post
    It's a shame we've had these injuries and our starters have been bad. This team really could compete.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No it can't we need a complete re tooling and re modeling of the team. Out with the old and in with the new.

New Manager and players. Better bullpen, healthy rotation, young powerful offense.

Losses are good at this point. We don't want ownership/management to think we can still make a run and not sell our tradable assets.

Agreed. Keep losing and get a better draft slot. This isn't a World Series winning team I don't think so, might as well ship off veterans for youth and prospects

Hahaha. I think his 6 era speaks for itself.

That cabrera homer was perfect for his bobble head day.

I was at the game, when Tommy Joseph hit the homer we left, so I missed it. Lol

Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    Anyone believing that by beating the Giants, Fish and Fillies we'll be back in the race may be deluding themselves in false hopes.

This is a beat team. We're just fortunate that the Gnats have a accumulated some key injuries.

With that said, that little Metsies voice in my head wants to win.
    Nothing Like Working Out On A Fitball

I Love NY Mets Baseball!!!!
    Mets Dieharder Since '63

Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since '87

uapeople you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P. - SPRING 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    I was at the game, when Tommy Joseph hit the homer we left, so I missed it. Lol

Dude. That was like the best moment we've had all year. Hopefully you heard it on the radio.

Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    Quote Originally Posted by MJNetsIsles View Post
    No it can't we need a complete re tooling and re modeling of the team. Out with the old and in with the new.

New Manager and players. Better bullpen, healthy rotation, young powerful offense.
    Yes.

Core should revolve around Thor, Dgrom, Familia, Sex, and Kid Conforto. Open season on everyone else. Oh, I hear this rook, Rosario supposed to be a can't miss at SS. Otherwise, complete infield makeover including catching position.

Speed, athleticism, defense, clutch hitters and hopefully a batch of healthy pitchers.
    Last edited by Paulie6986; 07-02-2017 at 02:02 AM.
    Nothing Like Working Out On A Fitball

I Love NY Mets Baseball!!!!
    Mets Dieharder Since '63

Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since '87

uapeople you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P. - SPRING 2011

Finally the Mets have started to beat up on the bad teams. This season still isn't over yet.

I'm excited to see how Montero looks tomorrow. I'm hoping he's finally turned it around.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie6986 View Post
    Yes.

Core should revolve around Thor, Dgrom, Familia, Sex, and Kid Conforto. Open season on everyone else. Oh, I hear this rook, Rosario supposed to be a can't miss at SS. Otherwise, complete infield makeover including catching position.

Speed, athleticism, defense, clutch hitters and hopefully a batch of healthy pitchers.
    Hi good buddy, we have got to stop with the Thor , DArk Knight etc. This Thor thing might have gone to his head . He is Syndergaard and Harvey is Harvey , no more Dark Knight .

Anyone believing that by beating the Giants, Fish and Fillies we'll be back in the race may be deluding themselves in false hopes.

This is a beat team. We're just fortunate that the Gnats have a accumulated some key injuries.

winning begins by beating the teams you should beat.

They don't look beat to me. The roster looks a bit crippled, but they are putting out on the field. Collins has always been able to get his rosters to play through a 162-game season.

Yep.

Do not be deceived.

Now, if we sweep the Phils today and THEN sweep the Nats, we'll tawk
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears but they seem kinda sensible...."

Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    winning begins by beating the teams you should beat.

They don't look beat to me. The roster looks a bit crippled, but they are putting out on the field. Collins has always been able to get his rosters to play through a 162-game season.
    Winning teams usually play .500 against better competition and beat up bad teams. The Mets don't come close to the former and won't with this pitching staff.

Mets are looking pretty good
    8.5 out now
    Lets go Mets

I'd much rather see us get above .500, let the young guys show us what they have, have a few moments of joy between now and October and build a winning environment instead of hoping that we lose and get a better draft pick.

Quote Originally Posted by The Futurist View Post
    I'd much rather see us get above .500, let the young guys show us what they have, have a few moments of joy between now and October and build a winning environment instead of hoping that we lose and get a better draft pick.
    I agree.

This isn't the NBA or the NFL
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears but they seem kinda sensible...."

Philadelphia Phillies @ NY METS - June 30th - July 2nd

This isn't a beat team. But it's a badly hobbled one. And it isn't going to get much healthier in the areas that count to make a serious World Series run.

Barring a miracle July where they somehow pull within a few games of 1st place, they should sell and sell aggressively at the deadline.

Worst case scenario remains the team winning just enough to not sell, and then predictable collapsing under the weight of injuries and poor performances in August.

Don't worry. He's got this.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast