Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Bruins to buyout Jimmy Hayes

Per Friedman

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

What a stupid move.

"Elite" is just another way to spell "Brad Marchand"

This is pretty pointless unless the bruins are actually planning on using the cap relief they get from Hayes.

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox47 View Post
    This is pretty pointless unless the bruins are actually planning on using the cap relief they get from Hayes.
    Only makes sense for a player on a 1 year deal, no? Because after this season, they're taking on the cap hits of Hayes and Seidenberg.

Hayes was in the last year of his deal so I didn't care for the move either. Very dumb unless Sweeney is planning a move this year

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

I hate this. Sweeney already said they plan on starting the season with 3M cap cushion. If that's the case then just eat the cap for Jimmy this year and bury him in the minors instead of costing the team's cap next season

Adios, waste of size.
    2015 Adopt-a-Packer: Ha Ha Clinton-Dix

Might be because of Pastr's contract. If he is gets around 6.5 million to 7.5 million that takes a good size chunk out of the cap space
    Unleash the Pasta!

Quote Originally Posted by 2bleedB&G View Post
    Might be because of Pastr's contract. If he is gets around 6.5 million to 7.5 million that takes a good size chunk out of the cap space
    And buying Hayes out helps that how? They get relief from the buyout this upcoming season, but take on the hit after that....Along with the Seidenberg hit.

Quote Originally Posted by tomsa592 View Post
    I hate this. Sweeney already said they plan on starting the season with 3M cap cushion. If that's the case then just eat the cap for Jimmy this year and bury him in the minors instead of costing the team's cap next season
    Quote Originally Posted by bruins>habs View Post
    And buying Hayes out helps that how? They get relief from the buyout this upcoming season, but take on the hit after that....Along with the Seidenberg hit.
    I don't understand the outrage. This room created more flexibility for a Pasta/Spooner extension this year and it will only cost roughly $800,000 against the cap next year. To bury him in the AHL would have costed around $1,500,000 against the cap this year and block the spots of some young players we have coming through the system.

I have no problem with the move at all. It's not like the Bruins have some serious cap problems next year or something.

Haters gonna hate

Quote Originally Posted by Shaiza View Post
    I don't understand the outrage. This room created more flexibility for a Pasta/Spooner extension this year and it will only cost roughly $800,000 against the cap next year. To bury him in the AHL would have costed around $1,500,000 against the cap this year and block the spots of some young players we have coming through the system.

I have no problem with the move at all. It's not like the Bruins have some serious cap problems next year or something.
    Looking at fowlers deal and vlasic would those not be the best comparibles for mca and carlo? So aslong as we keep that in mind when trying to sign players. We can finally stay out of cap hell.

So happy we didnt sign shat!
    Unleash the Pasta!