Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Rest of Season Game Thread And Discussion

2017 Game Thread and Discussion

Guys as should be apparent I'm giving up the ghost here with this forum. I fought it back once from near extinction and contemplated trying to do it again but I don't have the same drive I did way back when. I'll still "manage" this forum for the time being but that isn't going to involve more than posting the occasional discussion thread. This isn't quite a complete bow out on my part but it is close to one. If someone else wants the task of trying to revive this forum than by all means I'm willing to be a contributor but the desire to lead the charge isn't in me. My fandom remains strong but I don't want to spend time posting on a deserted board anymore. Let's Go Bucs!
    Follow Me On Twitter: @battling_bucs

its sad that it has come to this. where everyone has gone is beyond me but its hard to keep posting with so few people i will keep checking in with the hope some fans find or return.

Quote Originally Posted by tripleplayer543 View Post
    its sad that it has come to this. where everyone has gone is beyond me but its hard to keep posting with so few people i will keep checking in with the hope some fans find or return.
    Hi Yankees fan here. I hate the fact that other team fans don't post any thoughts or ideas. I hear / read rumors like every other fan and wonder if teams are making trades, etc. and then I go to see the conversation and there is none. Plus, if you aren't selling, then you should be excited about MArte's return to the line-up.

Good luck. Hopefully, you'll have some more success getting others to respond.

In the meantime, I know the Pirates have had a lot of success lately with ex-Yankees players, if they decide to trade Cole perhaps the Yankees would offer something good for him. What do you think would be a fair deal?

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    Hi Yankees fan here. I hate the fact that other team fans don't post any thoughts or ideas. I hear / read rumors like every other fan and wonder if teams are making trades, etc. and then I go to see the conversation and there is none. Plus, if you aren't selling, then you should be excited about MArte's return to the line-up.

Good luck. Hopefully, you'll have some more success getting others to respond.

In the meantime, I know the Pirates have had a lot of success lately with ex-Yankees players, if they decide to trade Cole perhaps the Yankees would offer something good for him. What do you think would be a fair deal?
    I can't see the Pirates trading Cole at this deadline unless they would just get some sort of stupid offer like from the Yankees it would probably have to be built around Torres. As for what a fair deal would be that would probably require a top 50 prospect like Frazier plus another guy in the back end of the top 100 think Adams or Sheffield. Throw in a good third piece like Miguel Andujar and I think I'd see that as pretty good.
    Follow Me On Twitter: @battling_bucs

[QUOTE=burgh_fan66;31773730]I can't see the Pirates trading Cole at this deadline unless they would just get some sort of stupid offer like from the Yankees it would probably have to be built around Torres. As for what a fair deal would be that would probably require a top 50 prospect like Frazier plus another guy in the back end of the top 100 think Adams or Sheffield. Throw in a good third piece like Miguel Andujar and I think I'd see that as pretty good.[/QUOTE

That trade won't happen, because I believe Torres is untouchable, but I'm sure if Cole was available, the Yankees might be able to work something out with the Pirates, since they are good trading partners.

[QUOTE=johnnyi;31779056]
    Quote Originally Posted by burgh_fan66 View Post
    I can't see the Pirates trading Cole at this deadline unless they would just get some sort of stupid offer like from the Yankees it would probably have to be built around Torres. As for what a fair deal would be that would probably require a top 50 prospect like Frazier plus another guy in the back end of the top 100 think Adams or Sheffield. Throw in a good third piece like Miguel Andujar and I think I'd see that as pretty good.[/QUOTE

That trade won't happen, because I believe Torres is untouchable, but I'm sure if Cole was available, the Yankees might be able to work something out with the Pirates, since they are good trading partners.
    maybe next year they trade cole but for them to get any decent players cole will have to step up his game a whole lot.