Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 553 of 561 FirstFirst ... 53453503543551552553554555 ... LastLast
Results 8,281 to 8,295 of 8403
    Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    This is laughably ludicrous. The Left absolutely lives off emotional appeal.
    Fear mongering about immigrants, opinion based science, nationalistic chanting, and tiki torch riots all seem pretty emotional to me, certainly not based on logic

I would consider things like science, statistics, law as things grounded in logic, certainly things associated with one party (NOT the gop)
    “Today, we rip the hearts out of these ****in' haters!!!” - Demeco Ryans pregame speech vs ATL

Nonsense? The nonsense is that you think he’s a democrat. Tax cuts, loves wall street, military spending. Aren’t these conservative ideas? There’s a reason why he’s so boring (maybe he excites you).

Hillary wanted to move to the right so she picked good ole tim. I’m not even asking for a “true progressive blah blah” like you seem to think.

Quote Originally Posted by FlakeyFool View Post
    Nonsense? The nonsense is that you think he’s a democrat. Tax cuts, loves wall street, military spending. Aren’t these conservative ideas? There’s a reason why he’s so boring (maybe he excites you).

Hillary wanted to move to the right so she picked good ole tim. I’m not even asking for a “true progressive blah blah” like you seem to think.
    Ok bro. Everybody is a Republican. I can edit the Wiki article to reflect the new numbers. How many Republicans are there now? If Kaine is a Republican, then there are at least 73 of them. Should I play it safe and make it say 80 Republicans 18 small-d Democrats, and then Elizabeth Warren and Bernie Sanders?
    Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

Quote Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post
    Fear mongering about immigrants, opinion based science, nationalistic chanting, and tiki torch riots all seem pretty emotional to me, certainly not based on logic

I would consider things like science, statistics, law as things grounded in logic, certainly things associated with one party (NOT the gop)

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    You guys need to cut out this “he’s just a GOPer” hogwash. Not every Democrat is a progressive. It’s a damn spectrum not just A or B situation. Kaine is a Democrat, Warren is a Democrat, Sanders is someone who isn’t.
    not all Republicans are the same either, but that doesn't stop people from using A is Republican, B is Republican, Mueller is Republican, as if this means they all have to think and agree on the same things.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter_White View Post
    Not only that, but Trump *just barely* won. It does not seem that way but the fact is this was one of the closest elections in history. He won just enough votes in just the right places to get in. That's overlooked. Silver gave him a 1 out of 3 chance of winning.

Silver was, in fact, pretty on point.
    304 is barely more than 227?

the anti-Trump movement seems to be getting dumber

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    not all Republicans are the same either, but that doesn't stop people from using A is Republican, B is Republican, Mueller is Republican, as if this means they all have to think and agree on the same things.

304 is barely more than 227?
    Trump margin of victory in Pennsylvania: 44,292
    Trump margin of victory in Michigan: 10,704
    Trump margin of victory in Wisconsin: 22,748

Add those margins up and you get ~80,000 votes out of about 130 million votes cast (about the size of a football stadium capacity), or 0.0615% of the total votes cast. Math is hard for you, I know.

JP Morgan says GDP for this quarter is expected at 4% up from 2.75% in their last prediction

Retail sales were at 0.8% up from 0.4% projection

https://twitter.com/jimpethokoukis/s...191900675?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    They also didn’t have Trump with no chance. But why let’s facts get in the way of his false narrative. If I remember correctly, Nate had Trump’s odds at around 35% in the days leading up to the election.
    Yeah but if you followed his interviews and not just the statistical map (purely based on polling, historical trends etc) he warned over and over that there wasn’t enough info out of MI and WI and that the early voting stats were not available in PA. His only whiff was FL were he stuck to all the early voting stats which showed a strong Dem turnout. Dems certainly didn’t show on Election Day in the districts they expected.

Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    This is laughably ludicrous. The Left absolutely lives off emotional appeal.
    This pretty much sums it up perfectly. Anytime anyone tries to say otherwise I immediately always think right back to this interview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2o0mAdRUpo

And yes, that is anecdotal, but evaluate all the different policies and statements side by side and its pretty clear. It's not even close. And that's even before we entered the 'alternative fact age' that Trump has ushered us into.

If you really want to do this exercise by all means we can start up a new thread and do the evaluations.

That's not to say that the liberal side doesn't engage in some policies based on emotional appeal, but like with gerrymandering, one side depends on arguments based on emotional appeal a whole lot more.
    Yankees Farm System

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    JP Morgan says GDP for this quarter is expected at 4% up from 2.75% in their last prediction

Retail sales were at 0.8% up from 0.4% projection

https://twitter.com/jimpethokoukis/s...191900675?s=21

GDP is great and all, but I'm much much much more concerned with real wage growth (inflation adjusted) than GDP.

It's a little concerning if GDP grows great but real wage growth stays stagnant. That would imply that the money growth is pooling where it already doesn't need to be pooling any more.

Especially when our unemployment levels have been low for some time now.
    Last edited by DeW-Star; 06-14-2018 at 02:59 PM.
    Yankees Farm System

Quote Originally Posted by DeW-Star View Post
    GDP is great and all, but I'm much much much more concerned with real wage growth (inflation adjusted) than GDP.

It's a little concerning if GDP grows great but real wage growth stays stagnant. That would imply that the money growth is pooling where it already doesn't need to be pooling any more.

Wages have been almost stagnant for many years, particularly for the lower 65% of American workers (but, of course, that’s not the FEELING that the average folk have).

Use this interactive chart to see the FACTS: https://www.epi.org/blog/growth-or-not-in-real-wages/

Quote Originally Posted by DeW-Star View Post

Wages grew at the highest level in years this past quarter

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Wages grew at the highest level in years this past quarter

What about in relation to inflation?
    Anthony Mantha Breakout 16-17

Wages vis a vis inflation is one important caveat.

Also it is imperative to keep in mind that over the years (and possibly even for the recent quarters) the top 15% account for a large portion of the overall growth.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Wages vis a vis inflation is one important caveat.

Also it is imperative to keep in mind that over the years (and possibly even for the recent quarters) the top 15% account for a large portion of the overall growth.
    Yep, thats exactly why I chose to expound upon the term real wage growth for those who may not be aware of the term.

Here is I believe the latest release out there from the BLS for anyone who gives a damn.

https://www.bls.gov/news.release/pdf/realer.pdf
    Yankees Farm System