Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 22 of 38 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
Results 316 to 330 of 564
  1. #316
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    358
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    I actually had typed and ready to go:



    and then I actually read all of your post and got caught up on "positive". So yeah, I think we agree that those are the two clear lasting and impacting things he has done so far.

    I think you've heard little because there has been little done. If I had to take a stab at his 5 most championed campaign promises:

    Repeal and Replace? Nope
    The wall? Nope
    Locking Hillary up? Immediately dropped
    TPP? Alright! There's something!
    Travel ban? He's tried, and failed.

    Hey, at least he hasn't YET failed his promise of not cutting medicaid and social security!

    It's still early on. We haven't even had a budget passed yet. I'm not in any mood to cut him any slack because of how zealous he was ("we'll do this and this and that within the first 3 months!") but we're still only in the infancy of his presidency.
    One thing I would add to this is that this state of affairs is nothing short of a Republican sweep - they have it all: The White House, The Senate, The House of Representatives. So, it's not just Trump that is on the line here. What are the McConnells and Ryans actually accomplishing? What's the vision?

    Again, I have my opinions (most of you know, I see this group as deconstructionists -- they are adept at ripping things down, but not particularly good at, or interested in, building things up; even the underhanded way they approached the Supreme Court nomination was more destructive than constructive).

  2. #317
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    74,120
    Another day, another day without substantial legislative accomplishment. What is the White House doing to work with the other side on things that they can agree? The "go it alone" approach only works if you have a super majority. Really limits what you can do if you try to do everything through with reconciliation.

  3. #318
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    19,042
    Anytime I happen to pass by when CNN is on, I see this Russia stuff going on. Those on the left (or at least lean left, such as myself), is it really that big a deal? Like this seemingly 24 hr coverage. I mean, **** goes down under the table in politics EVERY day, let's not fool ourselves. So Putin helped this guy, Netanyahu helped that guy, does it really make any difference?

    I'm sure my "surface level people's champion" liberal party (I tried to join you right, but apparently not tall enough to ride the ride ) has worked with foreign govts, figuring out ways to push agendas

  4. #319
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    19,042
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Another day, another day without substantial legislative accomplishment. What is the White House doing to work with the other side on things that they can agree? The "go it alone" approach only works if you have a super majority. Really limits what you can do if you try to do everything through with reconciliation.
    Well to piggyback my above post, this idiot in the White House is more sucked into all this media propaganda bs than even WE are. Why WOULD we expect him to accomplish anything (outside of whatever he's setting up for his post politician career). What a clown, man

  5. #320
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    16,580
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmmahhh View Post
    speciaL,

    1.) What else should have Obama done in your opinion? Unbiased info link below;

    http://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN14I1W2

    2.) List the actions/sanctions President Trump has taken against Russia, compare to Obama's and take a step back to see what/who you're truly criticizing.

    3.) You know there's not a time machine, right? You know there's nothing more Obama can do right on this matter, correct? So why focus on that and tell us what Trump should do, specifically regarding this issue.

    You are clearly the individual who is comprehension challenged unable to follow along and/or you're clearly ignoring the points made that don't fit your loony narrative. Either way, you just amaze those viewing with your constant contradicting feeble mindedness.
    1)
    I have already said that I personally don't know what all could have been done. I don't know what options would have been available for a President to take. how can I say Obama should have done "X" when I don't know what he had available to do. but when Democrats wanted Obama to do more that should be alarming. why do people here act like that means nothing. forget the political bias and realize that even those on the left wanted Obama to do more. THESE Democrats should have a better understanding at what then President Obama had as options. don't ignore that (valade16).

    2)
    I have also said my issue is not with Trump so I'm not even going to get into what Trump could do now after it's already finished.

    3)
    it has nothing to do with what Obama could do now.
    it is entirely about what Obama could have done then, when he knew of what Russia was doing for multiple months as he was President. THAT is the entire reason why I brought up the original article in the first place that talked about Democrats wanting Obama to do more.







    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    It's not a lack of reading comprehension, it's you thinking you're smart and trying to imply something without saying. Fortunately for all of us you're not smart and we see right through it.

    But since you want to cowardly hide behind questions because you know you've been caught being a blatant hypocrite, answer directly:

    Do you think Russia hacked the DNC?

    None of this 'how do we know' crap.

    Because you're still a hypocrite. How can you be mad at Obama not punishing or stopping Russia when you don't know if it was Russia or not

    Sorry, you've been caught. You've stubbornly tried to stay on the "Russia didn't do the hacks" train but jumped at the chance to criticize Obama and now you've been caught red-handed being a hypocrite. Both can't be true, so which is it?
    look at what I said and the words I used. you continually ******** and twist my words to fit your biased conclusion.
    I have repeatedly said over and over and over I do not know if Russia hacked the DNC because I have not seen the proof.
    when the DNC will not let the FBI see the server any person with common sense should be able to think that is suspicious.
    how can I say what Russia did with the DNC when the FBI wasn't allowed to investigate the actual server. not surprisingly you are willing to accept a potentially biased 3rd party because their conclusion fits your agenda.

    it doesn't matter what I think Russia did. OBAMA and your side said that Russia hacked the DNC, that Russia interfered in the election. that has been my entire point this entire time. get upset/offended at THAT.

    if YOU want conclude Russia did "whatever" then it's on YOU to accept that Obama should have done more when he was President just like the Democrats wanted. don't ignore that.
    unless you are willing to accept that and be upset that Obama did not do more (like Democrats/your side wanted) then save any further reply.


    just because I post a lot, does not mean it is disruptive

  6. #321
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    23,755

    Donald Trump's Presidency (Continued)

    Such a predictable, beautiful sidestep to provide no substance nor answer any questions.

    Your mental gymnastics performance is on par with any routine completed by Canadian National Team members Alexandra Landry and Alexandra Orlando.
    Come Be The Apple Of The PWW Owner's Eye!






    *PSD Wrestling Wars Link* http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...restling-Wars!

  7. #322
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    16,580
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmmahhh View Post
    Such a predictable, beautiful sidestep to provide no substance nor answer any questions.

    Your mental gymnastics performance is on par with any routine completed by Canadian National Team members Alexandra Landry and Alexandra Orlando.
    if I don't know what Obama had as an options how can I say what he should have done?
    lets see.. maybe Obama should ban anyone from Russia from entering America for any reason. except he can't legally do that right, so that wouldn't be smart of me to say.

    do you think Adam Schiff would know what options Obama had available? I would think yes. so then when Adam Schiff said Obama should have done more, why is that ignored?


    just because I post a lot, does not mean it is disruptive

  8. #323
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Pittsbruh
    Posts
    68,042
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Anytime I happen to pass by when CNN is on, I see this Russia stuff going on. Those on the left (or at least lean left, such as myself), is it really that big a deal? Like this seemingly 24 hr coverage. I mean, **** goes down under the table in politics EVERY day, let's not fool ourselves. So Putin helped this guy, Netanyahu helped that guy, does it really make any difference?

    I'm sure my "surface level people's champion" liberal party (I tried to join you right, but apparently not tall enough to ride the ride ) has worked with foreign govts, figuring out ways to push agendas
    It's suffocating the collective consciousness of this country and really shouldn't. It's tabloid stuff. That's not to downplay the severity of things if something comes from this all, but it's distracting everyone from the real problems at hand. Like I said in the Putin thread, your average American who is struggling wakes up in the morning and isn't worried about Putin. They're worried about jobs, health care, education, wars, drug epidemics, the economy, etc. They're worried about things that matter.

    This will sort itself out. The 24 hour 7 days a week coverage of Russia is brutal and unnecessary. Democrats should be happy that there is constant turmoil in the Trump Administration, but they should also be out there talking about the issues that really matter. That's what will win them swing votes. That's what will win them new voters.

    It's overblown at this point. That's not to downplay things, but the hyperbole from a lot of Liberals is getting way too much for me. This is a scandal but this is not the greatest scandal ever. We gotta figure it out, and that's in the works (Mueller's team has tremendous subpoena power), but man...there's so much more to worry about if you're a struggling American.

    For people that already hate Trump this is crack. It's a distraction, it provides hope that things might change, it provides an explanation for how we got here (the reality is we got here for far more complex and real issues), and so on. For those that don't hate him, I doubt they care much.
    this my sig

  9. #324
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    18,623
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    look at what I said and the words I used. you continually ******** and twist my words to fit your biased conclusion.
    I have repeatedly said over and over and over I do not know if Russia hacked the DNC because I have not seen the proof.
    when the DNC will not let the FBI see the server any person with common sense should be able to think that is suspicious.
    how can I say what Russia did with the DNC when the FBI wasn't allowed to investigate the actual server. not surprisingly you are willing to accept a potentially biased 3rd party because their conclusion fits your agenda.

    it doesn't matter what I think Russia did. OBAMA and your side said that Russia hacked the DNC, that Russia interfered in the election. that has been my entire point this entire time. get upset/offended at THAT.

    if YOU want conclude Russia did "whatever" then it's on YOU to accept that Obama should have done more when he was President just like the Democrats wanted. don't ignore that.
    unless you are willing to accept that and be upset that Obama did not do more (like Democrats/your side wanted) then save any further reply.
    No no no... you weren't only saying I should be upset that Obama didn't do more You said Obama should have done more to stop the hacking.

    How can you say he should have done more to stop something you don't know happened?

    Do you think Russia hacked the DNC?

    Do you think Obama should have done more to stop it?

    You can't answer yes to the second question unless you answer yes to the first.

    So why are you mad at Obama for not doing more to stop hacking if there was no hackkng?

  10. #325
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    74,120
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    No no no... you weren't only saying I should be upset that Obama didn't do more You said Obama should have done more to stop the hacking.

    How can you say he should have done more to stop something you don't know happened?

    Do you think Russia hacked the DNC?

    Do you think Obama should have done more to stop it?

    You can't answer yes to the second question unless you answer yes to the first.

    So why are you mad at Obama for not doing more to stop hacking if there was no hackkng?
    Because Obama is a socialist imperalist who simultaneously reigns down terror on the American people (of which he is not one) and gives away gives to all of Americas enemies. Duh!

  11. #326
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
    Posts
    15,601
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Anytime I happen to pass by when CNN is on, I see this Russia stuff going on. Those on the left (or at least lean left, such as myself), is it really that big a deal? Like this seemingly 24 hr coverage. I mean, **** goes down under the table in politics EVERY day, let's not fool ourselves. So Putin helped this guy, Netanyahu helped that guy, does it really make any difference?

    I'm sure my "surface level people's champion" liberal party (I tried to join you right, but apparently not tall enough to ride the ride ) has worked with foreign govts, figuring out ways to push agendas
    Here is my problem with all this stuff involving Russia, meddling, whatever you want to call it: Unless you can show me that what has been done here took votes away from Hillary Clinton and changed them to Donald Trump and he won the Presidency because of it, then to me it is a media-led non issue. Who cares that Trump Jr. talked to this Russian person; who cares about Trump and Putin talking. Time to move on!
    PSD's Muhammad Wilkerson!!!

  12. #327
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    15,569
    Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post
    Here is my problem with all this stuff involving Russia, meddling, whatever you want to call it: Unless you can show me that what has been done here took votes away from Hillary Clinton and changed them to Donald Trump and he won the Presidency because of it, then to me it is a media-led non issue. Who cares that Trump Jr. talked to this Russian person; who cares about Trump and Putin talking. Time to move on!
    My problem isn't that he met with a Russian, my problem is that he met with a Russian with the sole intent to obtain "dirt" - months later the Trump family acts incredulous as to why anyone would ever think they could have a tie to Russia knowing the countless breadcrumbs they've left behind. This meeting one of them.
    Anthony Mantha



    Spoil you with 2 angles baby boo


  13. #328
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Pittsbruh
    Posts
    68,042
    Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post
    Here is my problem with all this stuff involving Russia, meddling, whatever you want to call it: Unless you can show me that what has been done here took votes away from Hillary Clinton and changed them to Donald Trump and he won the Presidency because of it, then to me it is a media-led non issue. Who cares that Trump Jr. talked to this Russian person; who cares about Trump and Putin talking. Time to move on!
    Alright everyone. He's said it: time to move on!
    this my sig

  14. #329
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    358
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    It's suffocating the collective consciousness of this country and really shouldn't. .
    It's certainly suffocating this thread.

    Please , please, put all the Russia stuff somewhere else, like over here: http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...lection/page16

  15. #330
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    358
    Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    I am curious: almost a half a year into it, what would you say are the signature items (legislation/concrete actions) that this administration -- in concert with a Republican controlled Senate and House -- has actually accomplished of its own accord?

    1. A new justice on the Supreme Court.
    Here are the additions since I first posted

    2. The US has withdrawn from the Paris Accord.

    3. The administration authorized and executed a missile strike in Syria.

    This with 25% of the time over until the next national election (the entire House and 1/3 of the Senate) -- probably closer to 33% over before everyone eschews governing and goes into campaigning mode.

Page 22 of 38 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •