Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 19 of 38 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyFan View Post
    They are off to a slow start. Which, IMO, is a good thing. Be interesting to see if the GOP can pull their collective head out of their collective behinds long enough to get something done. I expect some kind of political compromise will be reached, to justify the claim of accomplishing something. Maybe on tax reform. There is less difference of opinion in the GOP about taxes than on healthcare. On taxes they all are against taxes and especially taxes on those actually able to pay them. Expect some kind of tax cut that balloons the deficit.

Now that I think about it, Trump is irrelevant to the rest of America. No one gives two hoots what he says or does. Pacers had a coach, Jim O'Brien, who described a players good game as irrelevant. That is probably the best word to describe the rest of the Trump administration. Irrelevant.

People will get upset both for and against. Demonstrate both for and against. World leaders will roll their eyes when he talks, but it will be a lot of nothing. America is safe.
    The problem is Trump sees his approval numbers and he knows he will be lucky to serve four years. This is why he's been using every opportunity possible to make sure that people who he knows won't vote for him will not be voting at all. Or, alternatively, use his Russian buddies (see his latest absurdity with his "cybersecurity" partnership with Russia) to hack electronic voting machines to make sure they show the results he wants them to show. These machines are incredibly easy to hack, that's been proven many times. We could very well be headed for a permanent Republican majority even if only a third of the country votes for them.

2012 was the last legitimate election, unless you count the 2014 midterms.

Quote Originally Posted by CityofTreez View Post
    My point is, would they stop? Of course not!
    They're Russia, they've been the backward country we could never predict.
    It's easy to say "we should" when they laugh at our democratic policies. That's what I'm saying.
    It's so easy to say "they should" when they never have.
    If they saw that there were ramifications for their actions, then they would be less likely to take them. I gave you four incredibly easy ways to counter Putin's actions and influences.

Explain to me why Trump is giving the compounds to the Russians?

Explain to me why he isn't supporting sanctions against a country that has been certified by our intelligence community as taking hostile action against us?

Explain to me why he hasn't invited opposition leaders in Russia to the White House or even taken calls from them like he did with the leader of Taiwan?

Explain to me why he is proposing cooperation with the country that engaged in attack on our country as opposed to other potential victims of Russia's attack?

The rest of the world is leaving us behind and realizing that we have no intention of being the nation that leads the world into the next century. It's a really sad thing to see the decline.

Sarah is a super-partisan but the picture tells the whole story:

Last edited by dbroncos78087; 07-09-2017 at 12:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    If they saw that there were ramifications for their actions, then they would be less likely to take them. I gave you four incredibly easy ways to counter Putin's actions and influences.

Explain to me why Trump is giving the compounds to the Russians?

Explain to me why he isn't supporting sanctions against a country that has been certified by our intelligence community as taking hostile action against us?

Explain to me why he hasn't invited opposition leaders in Russia to the White House or even taken calls from them like he did with the leader of Taiwan?

Explain to me why he is proposing cooperation with the country that engaged in attack on our country as opposed to other potential victims of Russia's attack?
    There is no reasoning, that's my point.
    You can't tell a pig to be a cat.
    That has been Russia since the Czar fell.

We are sanctioning Russia. That's been known.
    Inviting opposition leaders of Russia? What kind of result will that bring? A change in how Russia governs?
    Why would he engage with Russia over a cease-fire? He pledged in his campaign that he wants to rid the world of ISIS. That was his pledge. I can't reason why he does everything he does, but this whole Russian interference dilemma is an issue no one can even grasp (in terms of true evidence). To cooperate against the true enemy (that he pledged to eliminate) is what he deems more necessary. Until we find that Russia is a bigger nemesis than ISIS/Syria than I can't come to conclusions on why we should cooperate with any ally against what he preached against.

Your questions asked are too difficult to grasp on a global scale, and ridiculous to answer in a satisfactory manner. It's a ****ed up world that can't bring about your answers in an according manner.

I think we will basically see Obama-lite. He won't get any productive legislation. He will have limited authority to do anything the GOP really wants except for trimming around the edges.
    If this is accurate, and there is some reason to believe it may be, then my point holds even more firmly: we are losing ground. As Gary Young, a political journalist from Great Britain who covered the Obama Administration for eight years, noted, "Obama was inadequate [and] a system in which the best option is inadequate to the nation's needs is, by definition, a system in crisis."

While it's early yet, I can only image what he (and others) will offer about the Trump Administration.

So according to Nikky Hailey, Trump and Putin agreed to work together won cyber security?

You can't make this **** up. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Excited to hear how this is actually good. The person that tried to influence our elections is definitely the guy you'll wanna work with to make sure he can't do it again!

In other news...

We've agreed on a drug prevention strategy with El Chapo...

We've agreed on a bank fraud prevention strategy with Bernie Madoff...

We've agreed on a terrorist defeat strategy with ISIS...

In other news...

We've agreed on a drug prevention strategy with El Chapo...

We've agreed on a bank fraud prevention strategy with Bernie Madoff...

We've agreed on a terrorist defeat strategy with ISIS...
    I always felt it was such a shame that George W didn't merely ask Osama if he did 9/11, accept his answer of "no, of course not" and then proceed to work with him to prevent terror attacks and defeat Al Qaeda. Seemed like the right move.

Trump is an idiot but we need to make sure that we keep an eye on what he does under the cover fire.

Russian business were just hit hard by the latest round of cyber attacks. This is going to continue and get worse if nothing is done about it. Honestly this should've been high priority at the G20 because it affects all nations in the here and now.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    If this is accurate, and there is some reason to believe it may be, then my point holds even more firmly: we are losing ground. As Gary Young, a political journalist from Great Britain who covered the Obama Administration for eight years, noted, "Obama was inadequate [and] a system in which the best option is inadequate to the nation's needs is, by definition, a system in crisis."

While it's early yet, I can only image what he (and others) will offer about the Trump Administration.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.the...d-trump-racism

Found this recent article from him. Thus far he is not a big fan of Trump lol. He made some good points on why Trump won, many felt they weren't being helped in the economy and the gap between rich and poor was widening.

What has to be frustrating about that if you're Obama is he tried to address that problem, he even called Wealth Inequality the biggest issue of our time but was immediately hit with cries of Class Warfare and had to abandon his efforts. He went to a summit of economists who asked Obama how they could help and he told them "find me a way to talk about wealth inequality and not be accused of class warfare".

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.the...d-trump-racism

Found this recent article from him. Thus far he is not a big fan of Trump lol. He made some good points on why Trump won, many felt they weren't being helped in the economy and the gap between rich and poor was widening.

What has to be frustrating about that if you're Obama is he tried to address that problem, he even called Wealth Inequality the biggest issue of our time but was immediately hit with cries of Class Warfare and had to abandon his efforts. He went to a summit of economists who asked Obama how they could help and he told them "find me a way to talk about wealth inequality and not be accused of class warfare".
    Younge does point directly to Mr. Obama's alleged sellout to the banks. I don't have the expertise to comment on whether that is an accurate description of the policy, but in large part that's how it was perceived by many, especially those most directly affected. The Democrats paid dearly for that supposed betrayal.
    Last edited by Crovash; 07-09-2017 at 01:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Younge does point directly to Mr. Obama's alleged sellout to the banks. I don't have the expertise to comment on whether that is an accurate description of the policy, but in large part that's how it was perceived by many, especially those most directly affected. The Democrats paid dearly for that supposed betrayal.
    I would classify it as such personally. I believe that was one of, if not the, first major decision he had to make as President. I wonder if he would have made the same decision later in his Presidency.

Regardless, I did not like the decision to bail out the banks then and have liked everything that has transpired since from the situation (to people losing their mortgages, bankers not going to prison, bankers getting bonuses, etc.) even less.

A definite black mark, however I can't think of a modern President who wouldn't have done the same thing, so it points to the systemic issue of the power structure in DC.

Page 19 of 38 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast