Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 18 of 240 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868118 ... LastLast
    Barack "The 80s Called They Want Their Foreign Policy Back" Obama?
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

Quote Originally Posted by CityofTreez View Post
    Come on man. We're done?
    Gimme a break!
    I actually agree. This country will easily survive Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    I actually agree. This country will easily survive Trump.
    I wish I shared your optimism.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter_White View Post
    I wish I shared your optimism.
    The founders aren't infallible but they were much much smarter than Trump.

I feel really bad for Jeb Bush. He lost the primary in some part due to the low energy comment and attacks from the guy who travels with foreign leaders on a golf cart while the rest walk. He has his, wholly unqualified daughter fill in on important meetings. The man who no energy to do a job like this and he bashed others for being like he is.

The founders aren't infallible but they were much much smarter than Trump.
    I think too much time has passed since the Founders were around. All good things must come to an end. Amazing we've lasted this long, honestly. It's human nature to be optimistic by human nature isn't always realistic. It is this optimism, quite frankly, that drives things like climate change denialism. People just don't want to believe it.

Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    Barack "The 80s Called They Want Their Foreign Policy Back" Obama?
    Are you criticizing Reagan's foreign policy? Careful, any criticism of Reagan and they might revoke your conservatism card.

I think too much time has passed since the Founders were around. All good things must come to an end. Amazing we've lasted this long, honestly. It's human nature to be optimistic by human nature isn't always realistic. It is this optimism, quite frankly, that drives things like climate change denialism. People just don't want to believe it.
    Possibly. He will definitely be a test for the system. I think with as often as we have seen both other branches defend their turf that they will keep Trump in line.

Possibly. He will definitely be a test for the system. I think with as often as we have seen both other branches defend their turf that they will keep Trump in line.
    Nixon was a test we survived, but he was an astute politician, if of defective character (probably the same could be said of others too). I'm not so sure Mr. Trump is the former -- though certainly the latter. His tenure will test the strength of the framework as it currently stands.

For me, the fear is that the US will lose four important years to an atavistic vision that has little to offer by way of needed progress on important issues that we as a nation in decline (and the world in general) face.

I think we will basically see Obama-lite. He won't get any productive legislation. He will have limited authority to do anything the GOP really wants except for trimming around the edges.

I think we will basically see Obama-lite. He won't get any productive legislation. He will have limited authority to do anything the GOP really wants except for trimming around the edges.
    More likely domestic policy will be determined by the legislature. Your new Co-Presidents are Mitch McConnell and Paul Ryan. To an extent, so will foreign policy. Trump can still get the shooting started, but will need funding to keep things going. So far, he doesn't seem to be interested in actually starting a war. So expect a basic run of the mill GOP administration, at least until elections.

They haven't been able to do anything. They can't legislate their way out of a paper bag.

They haven't been able to do anything. They can't legislate their way out of a paper bag.
    They are off to a slow start. Which, IMO, is a good thing. Be interesting to see if the GOP can pull their collective head out of their collective behinds long enough to get something done. I expect some kind of political compromise will be reached, to justify the claim of accomplishing something. Maybe on tax reform. There is less difference of opinion in the GOP about taxes than on healthcare. On taxes they all are against taxes and especially taxes on those actually able to pay them. Expect some kind of tax cut that balloons the deficit.

http://thehill.com/policy/cybersecur...-cybersecurity

America is done. Trump is the last U.S. President.
    Now that I think about it, Trump is irrelevant to the rest of America. No one gives two hoots what he says or does. Pacers had a coach, Jim O'Brien, who described a players good game as irrelevant. That is probably the best word to describe the rest of the Trump administration. Irrelevant.

People will get upset both for and against. Demonstrate both for and against. World leaders will roll their eyes when he talks, but it will be a lot of nothing. America is safe.

The simplest move would be to stop ceding ground to the Russians. The compounds that Obama took away absolutely should not be returned to them.

He could have boned up on what the intelligence community has said happened, so that when Putin denied (like everyone knew he would) he could come back at them and say "here is all the evidence that we have that you were behind the attacks".

He could strongly come out in favor of the sanctions that passed the Senate 98-2 and urge the House Republicans to get behind them.

He could support the opposition movement within Russia. He could definitely step up security and protection of political dissidents that are under constant threat of death by the Putin regime. He could also step up support for independent journalism, in both this country and around the world.

He could flat out say that we won't work with Russia on cyber security and instead extend an offer to work with our allies taking special note to point out Ukraine and other countries that Russia has expressed interest in.
    My point is, would they stop? Of course not!
    They're Russia, they've been the backward country we could never predict.
    It's easy to say "we should" when they laugh at our democratic policies. That's what I'm saying.
    It's so easy to say "they should" when they never have.

Dbroncos, it's a simple matter of political discourse where we never see eye-to-eye.
    Sorry, but sanctions don't equate to Russiacleaning up their act.

And I'm of the belief, agree to disagree, but Comey influenced our election more than the the Kremlin.