Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Is Terry and the Mets ****ing up Conforto?

YES I understand he's currently injured with a contusion. However, He's arguably top 10-20 players in baseball and Collins still insists on benching him in favor of Granderson. i understood this when Cespedes was injured but WHY does Grandy have 2 more PA than Conforto? I get that Granderson provides value as a trade chip but the second Conforto starts to struggle, Terry benches him. Conforto has a good game, he gets the day off. Conforto, our lead off hitter has 269 PA. Jay Bruce our #4 hitter, has 310.

But I'm not only talking about this season. Last year we refused to play him against lefties then wondered why he couldn't hit them when he did play. Yeah, I know that Conforto wasn't playing everyday to open the season. Even when he was mashing, he still wasn't playing everyday.

So on top of not getting consistent playing time and never facing same side pitchers, he's undoubtedly our BEST player and yet Terry still doesn't give him every chance to succeed.

Yes, he's having one hell of a season this year. Yes, he started to struggle a bit. When he started to struggle, Terry moves to the next guy. It's almost as if none of these guys are given opportunities to get comfortable and adjust.

Granderson is hot right now hitting .455 with 3 homers over the last 7 days.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    YES I understand he's currently injured with a contusion. However, He's arguably top 10-20 players in baseball and Collins still insists on benching him in favor of Granderson. i understood this when Cespedes was injured but WHY does Grandy have 2 more PA than Conforto? I get that Granderson provides value as a trade chip but the second Conforto starts to struggle, Terry benches him. Conforto has a good game, he gets the day off. Conforto, our lead off hitter has 269 PA. Jay Bruce our #4 hitter, has 310.

But I'm not only talking about this season. Last year we refused to play him against lefties then wondered why he couldn't hit them when he did play. Yeah, I know that Conforto wasn't playing everyday to open the season. Even when he was mashing, he still wasn't playing everyday.

So on top of not getting consistent playing time and never facing same side pitchers, he's undoubtedly our BEST player and yet Terry still doesn't give him every chance to succeed.

Yes, he's having one hell of a season this year. Yes, he started to struggle a bit. When he started to struggle, Terry moves to the next guy. It's almost as if none of these guys are given opportunities to get comfortable and adjust.
    That's kind of what happens when you have four guys for three positions.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Granderson is hot right now hitting .455 with 3 homers over the last 7 days.
    Granderson has been damn good since the beginning of May.

My point is, are we messing up Conforto (and Wilmer's) development by playing them sporadically? We all know that inconsistent playing time can **** up a player but should Conforto be given every chance to succeed - especially since this season is basically over? Our best player is being relegated to being the 3 1/2 outfielder on the team. Or is the purpose in playing Granderson simply to accumulate trade value?

Granderson has been damn good since the beginning of May.

My point is, are we messing up Conforto (and Wilmer's) development by playing them sporadically? We all know that inconsistent playing time can **** up a player but should Conforto be given every chance to succeed - especially since this season is basically over? Our best player is being relegated to being the 3 1/2 outfielder on the team. Or is the purpose in playing Granderson simply to accumulate trade value?
    I don't think we're harming them. If you can hit, you'll hit. I think he's getting sat because he's not hitting and there are too many guys vying for the position. If Michael were playing 3B, they'd let him ride out a month or two slump, but in the OF, with Grandy mashing, and Yo and Bruce doing what they do, it's hard to run him out there when he's not getting it done.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGamer81 View Post
    That's kind of what happens when you have four guys for three positions.
    Yeah but why is Conforto the guy who sits?

Why not just sit Cespedes at this point? No joke. We're so concerned with Cespedes' legs, might as well use the rest of the year to let him recuperate. Or hurry up and dump Duda and move Bruce to first.

If the point is to let Grandy and Bruce get more value then I guess I get it. I don't think their value changes all that much within a month. If the point is that Granderson can play center then to that, I say bupkiss. Anything Grandy can do, Conforto can do better.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGamer81 View Post
    I don't think we're harming them. If you can hit, you'll hit. I think he's getting sat because he's not hitting and there are too many guys vying for the position. If Michael were playing 3B, they'd let him ride out a month or two slump, but in the OF, with Grandy mashing, and Yo and Bruce doing what they do, it's hard to run him out there when he's not getting it done.
    I agree with your logic. You don't play guys who aren't getting the job done. Problem is, we're still playing Reyes and Asdrubal and they're certainly not getting it done. It just seems kind of half assed to me.

Also keep in mind that I'm not speaking about strictly this year but for how Terry has handled young players in general.

I agree with your logic. You don't play guys who aren't getting the job done. Problem is, we're still playing Reyes and Asdrubal and they're certainly not getting it done. It just seems kind of half assed to me.

Also keep in mind that I'm not speaking about strictly this year but for how Terry has handled young players in general.
    Well with Reyes and Cabby, we don't have any real alternatives. I mean, yeah, Rosario, but they don't want to bring him up yet. There's competition in the outfield, though.

wilmer would have been a better player if this **** team didnt mess with him trying to play him at every base platooning him etc... hopefully this doesnt happen to conforto

Right now I don't mind that they play Granderson. He is on fire and hopefully they can deal him soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i think it has more to do with displaying what Curtis has to potential trade partners, while hes hot.

Conforto is the future, they know that. Hes in a slump currently on his own accord, no better time for Curtis to show what hes capable of when hes hot.

No.

The reports are Conforto can't swing a bat at the moment so might as well play Granderson.

You realize that amidst Granderson shot streak, Conforto has had two separate injuries right

Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    You realize that amidst Granderson shot streak, Conforto has had two separate injuries right
    That's not the point. Point is, Conforto is the present and the future. Granderson/Bruce aren't.

I'm not including Conforto's injury in his 3 years so far. Terry seldom played him against lefties and then we wondered why he sucked. Used him as a pinch hitter, wonder why he sucked. Etc etc.

Flores and Conforto are two guys that are supposedly very highly touted yet aren't given a chance to succeed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast