Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 89 1231151 ... LastLast

Official 2017 Free Agency thread

Place your list of possible players coming this season hopefully in one year deal unless the quality of some of them forces management to grab them for more. CP2 as an example, but I think he will be huge stretch because Ball' presence in LA. But you never know.
    Have fun!

Yeah I don't think we are signing any big name guys this offseason. However, I think this could be a tremendous season for our young guys that have been with the team for some time now. I think we need to focus on getting rid of Deng and Clarkson. I don't like that he was tweeting negativity when the Lakers drafted Lonzo and then blacked out his twitter account. Troubled personalities need to be shown the door. Besides I think he is at best just a solid bench piece, not a player we should be building around.

We should do a Clarkson, Deng, second round pick for Dwayne Wade. Chicago is obviously rebuilding and they will be shelling out huge money to Wade and Rondo for essentially nothing.
    Last edited by D Blue987; 06-24-2017 at 03:50 PM.

http://hoopshype.com/2017/06/15/nba-...-point-guards/
    http://hoopshype.com/2017/06/15/nba-...ooting-guards/

One year deal or,move on. I like Redick a lot, because of Ball in this team. But he might be looking for,more years, because is his last contract. Safolosha possible one. Wade a miracle. Allen his defense.

Quote Originally Posted by D Blue987 View Post
    Yeah I don't think we are signing any big name guys this offseason. However, I think this could be a tremendous season for our young guys that have been with the team for some time now. I think we need to focus on getting rid of Deng and Clarkson. I don't like that he was tweeting negativity when the Lakers drafted Lonzo and then blacked out his twitter account. Troubled personalities need to be shown the door. Besides I think he is at best just a solid bench piece, not a player we should be building around.

We should do a Clarkson, Deng, second round pick for Dwayne Wade. Chicago is obviously rebuilding and they will be shelling out huge money to Wade and Rondo for essentially nothing.
    Wade and Rondo are going to,be cut, so if Chicago wants, we can even give them Randle,and Clarkson for,them, but they have to take Deng. Lakers draft players to,cover their positions with the ability to do this kind of deal. But I am with you, Deng has to go one way or another. What they might do with him is to hold him for this season, because he can Palau the 3 and the 4 and Randle might be send away. Then next season with only two years left on his contract try to attach him to a deal or stretch him. If he all of the sudden gets to play at a better level then will be easier to sale him. If they stretch him will,be cheaper to hold him until they can totally cut him or buy him out. Clarkson will be used on a deal with Indiana alone with possibly Randle. Other wise, next season trade bite for picks, because George is coming!

I don't see Magic/Pelinka bringing in ball-hogging, shot-hogging, ******* vets to play with our young core.

We don't need 'name' players to fill the seats either, because homie Ball will do that.

Vet shooters, yes. Vet mentors, yes. Vet role players, yes.

Otherwise, I'd rather see a couple of projects at the end of the bench, who get rotated through the D-League over the course of the season to see what they can do.

Until PG is available, we need to develop the players we have, not **** things up with someone like Rondo.

Quote Originally Posted by 42-15-7 View Post
    I don't see Magic/Pelinka bringing in ball-hogging, shot-hogging, ******* vets to play with our young core.

We don't need 'name' players to fill the seats either, because homie Ball will do that.

Vet shooters, yes. Vet mentors, yes. Vet role players, yes.

Otherwise, I'd rather see a couple of projects at the end of the bench, who get rotated through the D-League over the course of the season to see what they can do.

Until PG is available, we need to develop the players we have, not **** things up with someone like Rondo.
    If taking rondo gets rid of deng I am all for it

We can always cut him later

Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    If taking rondo gets rid of deng I am all for it

We can always cut him later
    On the deal-making side I get it.

But man, talk about cancers....

(Honestly, I'm having a hard time coming up with 5 NBA players who would be worse for a young team.)

Quote Originally Posted by 42-15-7 View Post
    On the deal-making side I get it.

But man, talk about cancers....

(Honestly, I'm having a hard time coming up with 5 NBA players who would be worse for a young team.)
    Totally agree but we got to get rid of deng by any means. Randle/deng straight up

Adam Zagoria: ‘Lonzo’s going there and they think they’re getting Paul George and LeBron and another player’ – League source on the Lakers in 2018 – via Twitter AdamZagoria

Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    Totally agree but we got to get rid of deng by any means. Randle/deng straight up
    Is there any consensus whether Deng was hurt last year or not? I don't remember him blaming injuries for his slide, but you can see a pretty noticeable drop in his numbers.

Was it attitude? He hated the team?

Point being, it might be easier to move him if he played well up to the trade deadline. I'm not saying it will be easy, but maybe easier, if other teams can see that he's being productive.

(If he stays away from mid-range garbage, he shoots a decent percentage. His scoring was now last year per-36, but his rebounds were up, which may just have been a function of pace.)

He makes 18mill dollars against the cap? We have 3 more years.... I'll trade Randle Clarkson Deng for any expiring.

TRADE FOR WADE!!!

He comes off the books next year.
    He's BFF's Lebron.
    We can re-sign him for cheap & potentially get him to come off the bench.

Rondo is a bonus... a few teams like him. Trade him for a 2018 pick or asset.

I'm fine to trade Randle + Deng if we can get a positive asset in return but that will be pretty tough given Randle's contract status as an RFA next offseason. I really think we'd be better off trading Randle by himself and letting Deng recoup some value this season by playing exclusively as a PF.

I think another option we could look at would be taking Jamal Crawford from LAC into our cap space, whose contract is non guaranteed past 2018. Guy is over the hill and the Clippers could use some cap flexibility this offseason to entice Paul and Griffin to stick around or help financially in re-signing Reddick.

Y would we help the Clippers??? Never!!!

I could care less about the Clippers. I care about it helping the Lakers.

Our only rival is Boston.

Page 1 of 89 1231151 ... LastLast