Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Gotta love TC btw. Conforto has 3 hits last night so what does he do tonight? Bench him.
    Perhaps it's to keep Grandy hot, for a potential trade. Almost all of those potential trade candidates need to show their value.

How would you guys feel about trading TDA if he goes through a bit of a hot streak and has value??

Personally, I'd be all for it. I'll never be able to trust that guy...and then when you weigh his weak defense (besides framing) and his slow starts, that he always has to go through, with his common 'dings'. I'd be all for it.

It would almost ensure that we'd be willing to find a real catcher after the season. I'm tired of the Rivera/TDA experiment. I love Rivera as a backup catcher. I do not love him as a 50% starter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by n8ghee View Post
    Perhaps it's to keep Grandy hot, for a potential trade. Almost all of those potential trade candidates need to show their value.

How would you guys feel about trading TDA if he goes through a bit of a hot streak and has value??

Personally, I'd be all for it. I'll never be able to trust that guy...and then when you weigh his weak defense (besides framing) and his slow starts, that he always has to go through, with his common 'dings'. I'd be all for it.

It would almost ensure that we'd be willing to find a real catcher after the season. I'm tired of the Rivera/TDA experiment. I love Rivera as a backup catcher. I do not love him as a 50% starter.

Travis needs to be traded no matter if we're in the race or not. If there's a taker you do it. Same with Harvey. Guys who have to go if we're no closer than 8 games out Duda, Bruce, Granderson, Walker, Cabrera. Even if the return isn't there they need to be gone by the deadline

None of the players you mentioned will get much in return. All they are is spare parts.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    None of the players you mentioned will get much in return. All they are is spare parts.
    I agree with this. But the sooner we open the positions and let the youngins get their feet wet, the better.

If it means trading someone for a Mid tier RP prospect, I would like it to be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post

Sandy traded half a year of Beltran for wheeler, Bruce should bring back a similar return

New York Mets @ SF Giants- June 23rd-June 25th

Anything you get back for these guys is worth more than their staying on the team in a lost season.

And Alderson has made some solid trades of this kind for the Mets - it's one area I really trust his ability.

Don't worry. He's got this.

Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    Anything you get back for these guys is worth more than their staying on the team in a lost season.

And Alderson has made some solid trades of this kind for the Mets - it's one area I really trust his ability.
    Yep.

Montero looks really good.

why arent we going for a top 3 pick this team cant win or lose when they have to

Quote Originally Posted by olimets02 View Post
    why arent we going for a top 3 pick this team cant win or lose when they have to
    Hard to lose to the Giants

Tremendous start from Montero!

I pray that he's finally turned it around. The stuff is there for him to succeed, and he's been much, much better lately.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Tremendous start from Montero!

I pray that he's finally turned it around. The stuff is there for him to succeed, and he's been much, much better lately.
    He's always had stuff. Just gotta keep learning how to pitch.

Encouraging day for him.

is it just me or when like montero doesnt get a call or walks somebody he gets tilted and just pitches like ****. he looked good today tho

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGamer81:31708273
    Montero looks really good.
    Against the almighty powerful Giants lineup.

Good for his confidence today, but Montero still sucks.

Conforto's X-rays were negative btw. Just a bruise.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast