Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Islanders Acquire Jordan Eberle from Edmonton

https://twitter.com/edmontonoilers/s...26697101742080

Looks like Strome for Eberle straight up.

No idea why Edmonton would do this... why do they want ANOTHER Center?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

Strome has not been playing much center. He is more of a wing at this point.

I still don't know why they did it though. Eberle is clearly the better player.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    Strome has not been playing much center. He is more of a wing at this point.

I still don't know why they did it though. Eberle is clearly the better player.
    I mean.. Strome is only 23, was very good 3 years ago and can still develop. If you consider it now Islanders basically gave up:

Strome, Berube, Grabovski, Bischoff, 1st in 2017, and 2nd in 2019 for Eberle... not a terrible move actually lol

Quote Originally Posted by homie564 View Post
    https://twitter.com/edmontonoilers/s...26697101742080

Looks like Strome for Eberle straight up.

No idea why Edmonton would do this... why do they want ANOTHER Center?

I see Strome more as a winger as well. Edmonton also has to start managing the cap with Draisaitl and McDavid expecting massive increases.Teams that have to cut salary don't often get equal value back. Strome is a guy who can help them. I think they did just fine.

Edmonton traded a first line winger for like a 3rd line center on a good team. Couldn't they have gotten a better deal than a soon to be RFA?

Quote Originally Posted by Wade n Fade View Post
    Edmonton traded a first line winger for like a 3rd line center on a good team. Couldn't they have gotten a better deal than a soon to be RFA?
    People think really highly of Eberle here. I've seen him as overpaid for what he does. He had that 1 big year like 5 years ago, but hasn't really produced close to that level since. He might be a 60 point player now (although its been a couple years since he's even reached that total), which isn't anything to sneeze at, but he has a contract they definitely needed to be rid of to create cap space for Draisaitl and McDavid IMO.

People are saying McDavid could be asking for 14M per... yeah they needed to get rid of Eberle lol

Feel like Islanders got a steal here. Eberle really hasn't been that bad, off year and he trended back up this year. Term is only two seasons, will give them a good look at him next to Tavares and whether they want to invest in him. If not he's a solid trade piece two deadlines from now.

Strome I'm not sold on. What a swipe by Snow.

New York Rangers - Atlanta Braves - New York Giants - Kobe Bryant

Strome needs a change of scenery. Won't be surprised at all when he starts lighting it up for Edmonton.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    People think really highly of Eberle here. I've seen him as overpaid for what he does. He had that 1 big year like 5 years ago, but hasn't really produced close to that level since. He might be a 60 point player now (although its been a couple years since he's even reached that total), which isn't anything to sneeze at, but he has a contract they definitely needed to be rid of to create cap space for Draisaitl and McDavid IMO.
    His contract was awfully expensive, so I agree with that. However, I don't believe Edmonton needed a 3rd line C since they could've either gotten a pick (eating moderate salary could mean better pick ultimately) or get back more D.

Quote Originally Posted by Wade n Fade View Post
    His contract was awfully expensive, so I agree with that. However, I don't believe Edmonton needed a 3rd line C since they could've either gotten a pick (eating moderate salary could mean better pick ultimately) or get back more D.
    I see Strome more as a 2nd line winger with some room to develop still more than I see him as a centerman. It will be interesting to see where he ends up. He had a lot of pedigree coming out of the draft - hasn't really met his potential yet (Edmonton has lots of experience with that!). Maybe he'll turn it around still.

Oilers proactively trying to clear some cap space. Eberle has the talent to perform better, so does Strome, so you can also view this as a change of scenery swap. I definitely like Eberle with the Isles however.