Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Mets are going to be sellers ?

They are willing to listen to offers for Reed, Bruce, Granderson and Cabrera and other players.

https://sports.yahoo.com/mets-open-b...194134724.html
    Lets go Mets

I hope so. We're definitely not making the playoffs this year, might as well get rid of free agents to be and either re-sign some of them.

We could re-sign Bruce in the offseason although I doubt we'd run Conforto in center field. We could re-sign Duda if the FO doesn't feel Smith is ready - which I also doubt would happen. Granderson is a definite no, Cabrera is a no unless he would accept a smaller role on the team next season. That leaves Reed and potentially Walker...the two guys most likely we would re-sign. Walker likely on a cheaper one year deal worth maybe 10-12MM (although I'm not 100% how the QO system works going forward) and Reed would obviously be a nice addition towards the back end of the bullpen and we could realistically get him cheaper than the 10MM we're currently paying him.

there were rumors that the Astros are interested in deGrom...give us Correa or Bregman+ if that's the case lol. I wouldn't trade deGrom but we should look to trade some of our longer term assets (TDA, Gsellman, Wheeler, Flores, TJ, etc) IF they could bring us back something nice and impactful.

In terms of prospects/MLB players we could get back and team matching...I'm not too sure lol. I'll leave that to guys like Sick, Clay and Dug lol.

Well Duh!

But seriously they have to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

According to Anthony Dicomo, Cabrera isnt happy about the move to 2nd base and is requesting a trade.

This is the mindset of the modern day athlete btw. Cabrera "If you want me to move (positions), you have to give me something". So basically he wants the Mets to guarantee his option for next year to move to 2nd base.

**** him.

lol @ cabrera what team wants a washed up ss sooo hes gonna get released i guess

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    This is the mindset of the modern day athlete btw. Cabrera "If you want me to move (positions), you have to give me something". So basically he wants the Mets to guarantee his option for next year to move to 2nd base.

**** him.
    Can't blame him. They're playing ****** Reyes instead and this team knows theyre not going to be competitive. They're not picking up his option so he might as well leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    Can't blame him. They're playing ****** Reyes instead and this team knows theyre not going to be competitive. They're not picking up his option so he might as well leave.
    They aren't taking him out of the lineup completely though. I mean I would understand if they were benching him why he would request a trade but I guess no one wants to do whats best for the team anymore.

I hate that the deadline is so far away. I want to see Rosario already and they aren't bringing him up till they move either Reyes or Cabrera.

**** Cabrera. Hope he gets traded soon. Hey, if you don't want to move positions, don't suck at defense.

Cabrera bobble head soon.

I worry about ticket sales.

I, personally, don't give a **** about them...

But, I worry ticket sales could influence the Wilpons allowing Sandy to sell off all assets. If they're worried about making money for the rest of the year I could see them saying "keep em competitive, but you can only trade a couple".

You complain, and rightly so about Cabrerra's complaining about moving to 2B and asking to be traded yet no negative words about Cespedes' refusing to play RF . If I am being paid $27 million or thereabouts I play anywhere the manager tells me to play , period . !!!

There was a story about the Astros asking about DeGrom . If that is true I would say he is yours for Correrra, or however you spell his name

Mets are going to be sellers ?

Mets should grant his request his defense is ****ing atrocious he doesn't room to *****.

The request of Correa is a joke right? We would have to give up more than just deGrom to get Correa.

I'll assume it was a joke though...

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast