Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    Just watched a couple of Michael Porter JR vids....

I'm not saying I don't like him or that I'm not intrigued but I didn't see anything that screamed out consensus #1 pick and can't miss prospect. He's obviously a great prospect coming out of HS, but I was expecting to come away more impressed. His handle needs a ton of work. He's a good shooter and has great length athleticism. I'm not crazy about his demeanor on the court though. Very laid back and almost lackadaisical. Needs to definitely bulk up and get stronger. Not hating on the kid, but I didn't come away sold on the hype.
    He's playing kids who never sniff D1 basketball. He jumped from #5 to #1 in his class after last year's AAU ball by dominating everyone. Find that tape where almost every team has 15 D1 kids on it.

I'm pretty high on Markannen. Dudes shot is just so quick and crispy! I like the start to this rebuild. We aren't nearly good enough to compete in the NBA the next few years so we are gonna get some killer talent in the lottery. We are off to a good start:

Dunn-defensive athletic PG, probably a role player at best, but could be a good one.

Lavine-crazy athletic SG, still young, steadily improving each year so far. Of course the injury risk but it happened so early that I'm not overly worried. Has offensive star potential.

Zipser-decent role player that's going to get a lot of playing time the next few years. Could also turn himself into a nice bench role player. His goal should be developing a consistent 3. Maybe a 3 and D off the
    Bench.

Markannen-stretch big with a silky smooth stroke from deep. Could be a matchup nightmare. Might not be a star but should be a good 3rd 4th option as a starter.

Portis-decent shooting big who is also likely a role player in this league. Only 22 so has decent experience and room to improve. Showed strides late last year. Could be a trade chip for us, but if not a nice 1st big off the bench that can hit shots.

Valentine-not sure how good he can be, but he has great vision and passing skills. If his shot can translate he could be a solid combo guard off the bench that can spot up for 3s, and create for others.

With those guys getting plenty of PT the next few years, and us adding potentially 3 top 5 picks, we could build a dynasty if we play our cards right. It's gonna take 3 years to bring in the talent, and probably 2 more to develop the lottery picks. 5 years from now it could be exciting to be a bulls fan again
    Last edited by dabears34ft; 06-25-2017 at 09:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    Can we please stop with this nonsense? There's no chance LeBron is coming to Chicago. Ever.

People really need to let this go
    It was clearly just a pipe dream post if you bothered to read the entire thing.

If I'm the Bulls I don't sign any guys that could potentially contribute to winning basketball. No high dollar/multi year deals at all. I'd probably take the same approach next year. And if there's any truth to the lottery being rigged, I'd use that GS pay out and whatever else is necessary to make sure big market Chicago gets the number 1 pick. After thinking about it more, I have no interest in Noel, Porter, or any other promising young player. Bulls should be looking to add young, cost controlled young talent with the intention to go all in and compete in 3-4 years. If they could even end up with a top 5 pick in the next two drafts, that would be a huge win. Then look to spend big in free agency and perhaps consolidate your assets for a huge trade.

https://mobile.twitter.com/chicagobu...63457429368832

This has to be the approach. We could potentially build a monster stable of young assets. Portland, OKC, Memphis, Toronto, Washington all have young stars but lack cap flexibility to sign the FAs that put them over the top.

We can throw offers at Porter and Shabazz and see if they match. We neee a SF so it makes sense to grab a young one! We could over price them although I think Porter gets matched

Quote Originally Posted by Pierzynski4Prez View Post
    It was clearly just a pipe dream post if you bothered to read the entire thing.
    I did read the entire thing. It's still stupid to even mention LeBron joining the Bulls when it's not going to happen, pipe dream or not

#FlyTheW
    2016 World Series Champions!!!

Cavs shopped Kyrie to get George, ouch. Dont want him as a FA, we should have found our stud PG in the next 3 drafts to begin with if we do this right. But he isnt staying in Cleveland even if Lebron does.

What sense do you guys get about Nikola Mirotic? Do you think that the Bulls will want to keep him?

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    What sense do you guys get about Nikola Mirotic? Do you think that the Bulls will want to keep him?
    yes and no.

bulls don't want to loose him for nothing. a la. pay. Noah ECT. I think they want to resign him and hope he can up his trade value to get rid of him.

so they don't want him. but it sounds like they are willing to take the risk of paying him in order not to loose him .

at least that's my sense. however. it is possible the FO does really love him

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    yes and no.

bulls don't want to loose him for nothing. a la. pay. Noah ECT. I think they want to resign him and hope he can up his trade value to get rid of him.

so they don't want him. but it sounds like they are willing to take the risk of paying him in order not to loose him .

at least that's my sense. however. it is possible the FO does really love him
    That makes sense from the Bulls point of view. What type of contract do you think he will command? I'm asking because I'm a Mavs fan and I think he'd be a good fit playing next to Noel in Dallas. Just trying to gauge the Bulls interest in him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    That makes sense from the Bulls point of view. What type of contract do you think he will command? I'm asking because I'm a Mavs fan and I think he'd be a good fit playing next to Noel in Dallas. Just trying to gauge the Bulls interest in him.
    I don't think the bulls the match if a big enough offer is thrown his way. I'm not sure what their limit would (as this front office seems impossible to judge. )

I will say now that we have lauri I think we would be more willing to let him walk than had we kept Jimmy (they play a similar style)

i also have a really hard time judging what players get now with cap going up every year. i mean every year I feel like guys are really overpaid. and two years down the road. their contract seems reasonable

if I had to guess. 15 mil per would likely be where I expect the bulls to draw the line. that said. multiple teams could throw much more (like the nets did to Portland last year )

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    I don't think the bulls the match if a big enough offer is thrown his way. I'm not sure what their limit would (as this front office seems impossible to judge. )

I will say now that we have lauri I think we would be more willing to let him walk than had we kept Jimmy (they play a similar style)

i also have a really hard time judging what players get now with cap going up every year. i mean every year I feel like guys are really overpaid. and two years down the road. their contract seems reasonable

if I had to guess. 15 mil per would likely be where I expect the bulls to draw the line. that said. multiple teams could throw much more (like the nets did to Portland last year )
    Ugh. $11-12M was my line for Niko. I really hope Bulls don't overpay him more.

Quote Originally Posted by Blah Blah Blah View Post
    Ugh. $11-12M was my line for Niko. I really hope Bulls don't overpay him more.
    when I see average bench players get soo much more. I think that's really low. I mean. look at what all the role players on Portland got. or all those bigs last season. so while I hope that would be the line. I expect it to be higher. and I expect some team to pay him more.

Some team like the clippers will offer Niko too much $$.. and we will probably match the offer. I hope we don't overpay him. The Clippers are the only team that has shown interest in him recently. Pistons were interested at the trade deadline.

I don't care if Niko comes back..but for the right price though, we're gonna suck anyways for a couple of years.
    Last edited by Ak_47; 06-27-2017 at 02:47 PM.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast