Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2017/18 Offseason

NBA talk about the offseason

Looking forward to what the playoffs teams from last year do to try to beat the Warriors.
    MacLean's Law: Everywhere you go there will be a jerk. Corrolary: If you go somewhere by yourself you become a jerk.

I don't care where anyone chooses to go in free agency. I really don't. Yes, KD "broke" the NBA for a year or two, but I can't blame him for going to the team that fit what he wanted.

The worst part about the Warriors winning is that now I can't have an opinion without being a "homer" or a "hater". It used to be that dialogue had merit independent of accusations.

I'm fascinated to see what West's first moves with the clippers are going to be.

We need to tank this year to try and get top 3 pick

Haha remember that ****?? 🏆🏆

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Christmas View Post
    I'm fascinated to see what West's first moves with the clippers are going to be.
    Yeah. The shame is with the Clippers there really are not many moves to make. Re-sign who they had or don't.
    MacLean's Law: Everywhere you go there will be a jerk. Corrolary: If you go somewhere by yourself you become a jerk.

I don't care where anyone chooses to go in free agency. I really don't. Yes, KD "broke" the NBA for a year or two, but I can't blame him for going to the team that fit what he wanted.

The worst part about the Warriors winning is that now I can't have an opinion without being a "homer" or a "hater". It used to be that dialogue had merit independent of accusations.

Looking at the clips roster there ****ed. DJ and Blake can't play together, one of them needs to go. CP3 is getting old so he should go cause unless they can trade Blake for KP or something there gonna need to start over

Quote Originally Posted by Monta is beast View Post
    Looking at the clips roster there ****ed. DJ and Blake can't play together, one of them needs to go. CP3 is getting old so he should go cause unless they can trade Blake for KP or something there gonna need to start over
    They don't even have draft picks to facilitate a trade. They are really stuck.

It was far more active in here, that's for sure. What are we going to say now? Lacob and Myers are 3 stars ahead of everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Yeah. The shame is with the Clippers there really are not many moves to make. Re-sign who they had or don't.
    Possible sign and trades for both Paul and Griffin? Take back some high upside prospects along with overpaid players on shorter contracts?

Possible sign and trades for both Paul and Griffin? Take back some high upside prospects along with overpaid players on shorter contracts?
    The thing is that with the Warriors the only teams willing to invest their future are the ones who think they can beat the Warriors. Pay a super max contract AND trade away some assets and some draft assets and trade away your future. I really can't come up with any teams that are willing to do that.
    Last edited by Scoots; 06-25-2017 at 10:49 PM. Reason: Typo ... put Clippers instead of Warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    The thing is that with the Warriors the only teams willing to invest their future are the ones who think they can beat the Clippers. Pay a super max contract AND trade away some assets and some draft assets and trade away your future. I really can't come up with any teams that are willing to do that.
    The only one I can think of for Griffin is Boston. First they add Hayward to play SG, then trade some of their picks + young up and comers + contracts to make up the difference.

Example: Smart/Brown/Crowder/Zeller + one 1st for Blake.

Then a theoretical lineup of below would challenge the cavs plus still give them plenty of ammo going forward.

IT
    Hayward
    Tatum
    Griffin
    Horford

Could work.

The only one I can think of for Griffin is Boston. First they add Hayward to play SG, then trade some of their picks + young up and comers + contracts to make up the difference.

Example: Smart/Brown/Crowder/Zeller + one 1st for Blake.

Then a theoretical lineup of below would challenge the cavs plus still give them plenty of ammo going forward.

IT
    Hayward
    Tatum
    Griffin
    Horford

Could work.
    Yeah ... they like Brown and Crowder IIRC so they may say NO to that. Also Boston supposedly has a deal on the table if they can get Hayward to get PG too.

Stylez: Um, if the Celtics can reach the conference finals and still get the number one pick, there's no reason the Warriors can't. The Celtics, an inferior team to us is looking to get better, and we are actively tanking because we arent doing what theyre capable off. Talk about a reasonable amount of effort.

Nailed it or nah?

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
    "From the stomach at birth, till I'm under the earth."

#DUBSUP

Quote Originally Posted by MackShock View Post
    Stylez: Um, if the Celtics can reach the conference finals and still get the number one pick, there's no reason the Warriors can't. The Celtics, an inferior team to us is looking to get better, and we are actively tanking because we arent doing what theyre capable off. Talk about a reasonable amount of effort.

Nailed it or nah?
    He wouldn't start with an "Um" as he firmly believes everything he says is fact.

Teams are so focused on replicating the talent level of the Warriors that they're making desperate moves and overpaying free agents. What they can't replicate is what Myers did financially and what Kerr has done culturally. Two extremely overlooked elements when people talk about the Warriors. You can have all the talent you want, but if they can't play together as a cohesive unit, then its all for nothing and all they'll have is a high payroll without a huge reward, like the Blazers. I maybe one of the few that thinks a Lillard and McCollum backcourt just isn't going to work because they're both undersized shooting guards. In one playoff game against the Warriors, Lillard took 26 shots and McCollum took 28. Harkless was a well distant 3rd with 13. If they want to get better, they should be moving one of them. Teams should be trying to build a team to compete with the Warriors, not assembling one.

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastSportz View Post
    Teams are so focused on replicating the talent level of the Warriors that they're making desperate moves and overpaying free agents. What they can't replicate is what Myers did financially and what Kerr has done culturally. Two extremely overlooked elements when people talk about the Warriors. You can have all the talent you want, but if they can't play together as a cohesive unit, then its all for nothing and all they'll have is a high payroll without a huge reward, like the Blazers. I maybe one of the few that thinks a Lillard and McCollum backcourt just isn't going to work because they're both undersized shooting guards. In one playoff game against the Warriors, Lillard took 26 shots and McCollum took 28. Harkless was a well distant 3rd with 13. If they want to get better, they should be moving one of them. Teams should be trying to build a team to compete with the Warriors, not assembling one.
    And that the pieces fit the system and the players are used to their strengths and not put out of their comfort zones.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast