Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: DJ Wilson

Exclamation DJ Wilson

Everyones looking for that stretch 4. Looks like we got that plus a stretch 4 defender. I like the pick, seems like he could fit in pretty good with his style

Where Becoming a Legend Happens.
    @ChrisWagner87

Definitely an upside pick for sure. Kid is athletic and has a bunch of tools. He really wasn't on my radar a ton, but he fits the mold of what we've been looking for.

Really like the pick. Don't think he's gonna be a star or anything, but based on his fit and what was available in that range, seems like the right selection.

He has all the right strengths for the Bucks and today's NBA, and his weaknesses are coachable. Ideally, he takes over a 6th man type role in 2018 as the primary frontcourt backup...can play alongside either Thon or Giannis.

I hate this pick, another guy who is to weak to play a true 4 and not quick enough to play a decent 3. He is just a long guy with a decent shoot. I live in Michigan and say a lot of him, he played well the last month or so of last year and he gets picked 17. He will be 22 during the year and he hasn't been able to put any substantial muscle. With Jarrett Allen, TJ Leaf, Terrence Ferguson, and Harry Giles on the board we didn't get the best potential for sure. I can't see a place for him especially when Parker comes back. At 25 or so he would have been a fine pick but I'm disappointed, for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by jay87shot View Post
    I hate this pick, another guy who is to weak to play a true 4 and not quick enough to play a decent 3. He is just a long guy with a decent shoot. I live in Michigan and say a lot of him, he played well the last month or so of last year and he gets picked 17. He will be 22 during the year and he hasn't been able to put any substantial muscle. With Jarrett Allen, TJ Leaf, Terrence Ferguson, and Harry Giles on the board we didn't get the best potential for sure. I can't see a place for him especially when Parker comes back. At 25 or so he would have been a fine pick but I'm disappointed, for sure.
    I agree with jayshot somewhat. Both guys I am kind of indifferent on, don't hate them but certainly don't love them. Wilson has some tools but agree with jay that not big enough for a 4 not quick enough for a 3. I liked picks 19-22 better. Trade back with BKN or UTAH for two picks probably still get Wilson. Also, Bucks must not care about rebounds, every length guy is average on the boards at best. That weakness will only continue.

The Brown pick I understand as Snell could and probably should be gone and need to surround Giannis with shooters, but I liked other players still there better. Brown is limited athletically but is a very good shooter and tries hard on defense it seems.

I don't hate the pick. I think he can come in and be better than Henson day 1. I would have rather seen more of a rebounder/rim protector than a shooter/wing defender but at our spot in the draft there just weren't any bigs that weren't going to be complete projects. Hopefully he gets stronger and learns to rebound and finish inside. If he can knock down a consistent jumper he'll get playing time.

Does he start day 1? We could let Snell walk and shift Middleton and Giannis down a spot.

Brogdon, Middleton, Giannis, Wilson, Maker. Or even coming off the bench him and Moose would have a nice 2 man game. Since Moose is a excellent passer. Also him starting frees up bench minutes to Telly. Cant picture us letting Telly rot if Giannis is starting PF then Wilson and Telly compete for main bench PF minutes.

Hard to say. I think Telly starts day 1 unless we can trade him. I'm fairly certain we let Snell walk. He's not going to get $14M from us.

1. Brogdon
    2. Middleton
    3. Giannis
    4. Telly
    5. Thon

6. Monroe
    7. Delly
    8. Hopefully Wilson and Vaughn can be here

Does Kidd bring buddy Jet back? Kidd plays favorites for Jet. Then Vaughn and Brown get snubbed or garbage time or tons of DNP-CD's. Heck remember Vaughn had that 20 point game early in the season then some how ended up in the doghouse most the season only getting garbage time. If Snell is back then hardly any minutes for Vaughn or Brown if Kidd goes with Jet yet.

I don't love the pick, but to counter jayshot, I think we often times get potential and age confused. Wilson has a pretty high upside because he has the semblance of a jump shot and is a really good athlete with great length. I think he has more upside than Allen, leaf, ferguson or Giles. You could maybe argue Giles has more upside, but he's also had 3 knee surgeries that may have sapped his athleticism.

I'm not saying Wilson was a great pick, but I get it. He's a bit of a late bloomer who still has room to grow. And if he figures it all out, he could be a really good two way player, which is not something that those other guys, besides ferguson can probably say.

I hope Vaughn can get some minutes. I hope he can start. That would fix most of our rotation issues. Let snell walk, start Vaughn, move Giannis to the 4, and let Telly/Wilson compete for minutes. That way we don't rush Wilson into the lineup.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast