Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

welcome to Utah DONOVAN MITCHELL

dunno how official it is, but we traded #24 and lyles to denver for #13. i'm a fan of this guy's and i'm really glad he's in utah. there's definitely a place for him here.
    HAWKS '13 ,'1 4, & '15 PREMIERS

"I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti...ffftt ffftt ffftt!"

"of course tom 'jan' brady would whine about a rule change."
    -chipurmunki

Apparently he was the first guy we worked out. We were also the first team to work him out. He wanted to come to Utah over all other teams, and he was also the number 1 choice for Utah. I think it worked out very well for us.

i did not know any of that. thanks fire. it solidifies my belief that he's a terrific pick.

-chipurmunki

his one knock is he's a 6'3" tweener with more of a sg game than pg. he's short for a pure sg, but doesn't quite have the handles of a pg. he was effective as a scorer and defender, regardless.

-chipurmunki

I didn't know this, but Mitchell said this a month ago

"I wanted to work out for the Jazz. I love the organization. I talked to my agent, and he said we like the people and the group. Mr. Lindsey is a great guy, and I played against his son, and the first thing he talked about was the two steals he had against us when we were up 25," Mitchell said. "That type of camaraderie is something I like in an organization. Having one of the higher-ups interact with a player, and you see, it's just a lot of fun. You don't hear anything negative about the Jazz."

"And Utah, I love it. It's quiet and nice, everything is clean for starters. I'm from New York where it's loud and dirty," Mitchell said. "But I like Utah a lot. It's beautiful. I just like it out here."

Donovan is a real people person. He is a Jazz type guy for sure. During the draft he was going around congratulating people for being drafted right in front of him. I like that. Not a lot of guys are mature enough to do that.