Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Don't forget we gave up that Clippers pick for Vasquez to please Kidd. Also a second round pick as well which was Powell.

Yeah DraftExpress has Bucks taking Metu...would be a great pick if he's there at 21 or 22

Quote Originally Posted by HacksawButch View Post
    Everyone has critcized our drafting since the Giannis pick and rightly so, with only brogdon being a true player. I agree that we have drafted terribly in the 1st round drafting extremely young prospects with high upside, Vaughn, Thon, Wilson. All the while I have begged and pushed for this team to draft players that are ready to contribute.
    2 years ago I had Malcolm Brogdon and was looking to trade down to the mid 20's or trade back up into round 1 to get him. We got lucky and he fell to us, but because he was a 2nd round pick, we only have him for 1 more season.
    Last year I lobbied for Josh Hart and he would have been a great choice, but at least we did draft that type of player in the 2nd round in Sterling Brown and he's starting to pay off too. The Bucks should look to continue this trend of drafting juniors and Seniors that are ready to come in and contribute as a rookie. We should look to acquire more later picks and move down in the draft to do so. The way for this team to succeed in the future is to surround our star players with plenty of Malcolm Brogdons, Josh Harts and Sterling Browns. We need this approach at other possitions, but that is the path this team needs to take in the draft. NO MORE DJ WILSONS.
    We have no idea what DJ Wilson is going to be. We still don’t fully know what thon is going to be. Your logic is very revisionist in the sense that you say no more dj wilson types, but also lobbied last year for guys like Ike and bam, who are just as raw.

If you think our core roster is talented enough to win a ring or at least get close to winning a ring and all we need is solid rotational types, then draft juniors and seniors like Brogdon. Josh hart is another good example. The guy is playing well, but he’s probably a bench player for a legit playoff team. He’s not going to be the 3rd best starter or anything on a great team. But the young guys with upside that are drafted in the first round have that potential. Thon is the perfect example of that. He may never be a good player, but if he puts it together, adds some muscle and learns how to rebound, he can be a legit starter.

I don’t think our roster is good enough yet that we can afford to draft only high floor low ceiling guys. By drafting low floor high ceiling guys, we risk ending up with busts, but get a chance of having a guy that can lead to a significant roster improvement. I think our roster is still at the point where we need to try to find the significant improvement guys.

#16 Hamidou Diallo

#46 Moritz Wagner

http://www.nbadraft.net/2018mock_draft

[QUOTE=crewfan13;32106971]
    If you think our core roster is talented enough to win a ring or at least get close to winning a ring and all we need is solid rotational types, then draft juniors and seniors like Brogdon. Josh hart is another good example. The guy is playing well, but he’s probably a bench player for a legit playoff team. He’s not going to be the 3rd best starter or anything on a great team. But the young guys with upside that are drafted in the first round have that potential. Thon is the perfect example of that. He may never be a good player, but if he puts it together, adds some muscle and learns how to rebound, he can be a legit starter.

That is exactly what I'm saying. Our core is plenty good enough, they just need a couple more years experience. Players like Brogdon, Brown, Josh Hart... are the types of players you need to fill around Giannis, Kris, Eric and Jabari. The 4th and 5th starters don't need to be better than great bench players, but you need to have about 7 of those guys, with at least 1 of them at nearly every position. Our problem now is that we don't have any of those type players at the 4/5 positions and we really don't have one at the 1 either. Brogdon is not a PG. He does ok their, but thats not where he belongs. Think how much better we'd be right now if we'd taken Kyle Kuzma instead of DJ Wilson. I don't mind having Thon and waiting to see if he pans out, but he shouldn't play more than 8 to 10 minutes per game at this point of his career.

Kuzma on the bucks would of kept Giannis and Middleton fresh. That's if Kidd would of played him.

As it sits right now, we hold the 16 pick, which is the pick that would convey to Phoenix. We could use the draft pick, but I almost hope the pick conveys this year. That means we can’t trade our 2019 pick, but we at least can trade the 2020 pick, which would open things up a little in trades. If the pick doesn’t convey this year, then we’d have to put a ton of provisions on our future picks to trade it. I’d almost rather just get it over with.

okay so now we know that were keeping this seasons pick who would yall prefer we draft at 17?

Where Becoming a Legend Happens.
    @ChrisWagner87

Having trouble getting information this year.
    K Thomas pg
    Robert Williams
    Z Smith 45 in vert
    Trent jr.- physical, but not very athletic, although productive
    Troy Brown,- huge 6-7 point, not a 3 pt shooter, only 3 assists per game
    Duval
    I need more info on J Porter and McCoy
    Carr productive, good size
    Add M Robinson worth a tryout
    Last edited by MadtownBuck; 04-14-2018 at 02:19 AM.

Robert Williams without question if he's available at 17. Otherwise Jalen Brunson.

Last edited by C-Dub; 04-14-2018 at 01:12 PM.

Where Becoming a Legend Happens.
    @ChrisWagner87

Says Brunson can initiate the fast break, and make pin-point passes, but is below average size and quickness.
    won't blow anyone away with his quickness or explosiveness, even at the college level, and not certainly not the NBA. - Source: http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/...Brunson-71480/ ©DraftExpress
    Brunson's lateral quickness, effort, and willingness to contest shots left a lot to be desired, which is concerning considering his already pedestrian physical tools. - Source: http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/...Brunson-71480/ ©DraftExpress

My revised list without the point guards, since the Bucks signed BJ to a multi-year deal, and could potentially sign Xavier Munford. I suppose they could still take a pg, and then be pressured to do something about Delly or BJ.

1 Robert Williams
    2 Z Smith 45 in vert
    3 M Robinson worth a tryout
    Trent jr.- physical, but not very athletic, although productive
    I wonder if T Brown would be a better wing prospect.
    I need more info on J Porter and McCoy
    I think I would add Spellman and Bates-Diop to the list.

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast