2017 NBA Draft Prospects Part IV: The Draft Edition

Thursday June 22nd
    @
    7:00 PM ET
    Barclays Center
    TV:

New York Knicks

Lets gooooooooooo

We've been waiting a long time for this night ... Hope we steal the show tonight with Big news...

THE REAL DRAFT GURU

Real Soldiers Dont TANK!

Lee, Quinn for some mid-levels first.

KP for at least two lottery type picks plus a current player.

Dump Noah somewhere.

Swap Melo for some players in a salary play.

Quote Originally Posted by nyknicks1969 View Post
    Lee, Quinn for some mid-levels first.

KP for at least two lottery type picks plus a current player.

Dump Noah somewhere.

Swap Melo for some players in a salary play.
    There is so much to do tonight! I'm pessimistic though. I feel like we do nothing outside of maybe a deal with Portland. We are the Knicks after all, we all seem to ruin it.

I think I'd rather the kings 5 and 10 over suns for number 4 and bender or Chriss that nonsense. One of the 3 forwards should drop to 5 issac, Jackson or Tatum and then get a guard with our 8th and just pick up kennard if u want a shooter like booker. Guess what they both don't play a lick of defense.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BVpS8n9A...=knicks.clique

GIMMIE GIMMIE GIMMIE GIMMIE GIMMIE

Quote Originally Posted by K1ngOfNY View Post
    I hadn't previously though of this comparison prior to watching this clip, but Frank looks like a less athletic version of Shump the way he handles and shoots. I think it's pretty clear to most how I feel about Frank, and I would be very upset if he was our pick.

Kristaps Sprewell

Quote Originally Posted by K1ngOfNY View Post
    After everything yesterday brought, I think the Knicks are going to pick Frank. Which is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by PC View Post
    I hadn't previously though of this comparison prior to watching this clip, but Frank looks like a less athletic version of Shump the way he handles and shoots. I think it's pretty clear to most how I feel about Frank, and I would be very upset if he was our pick.
    What? Bruh you serious. Frank's shot actually looks better than I thought. Shump handle was ATROCIOUS coming out.

Quote Originally Posted by PC View Post
    I believe DraftExpress made the Shumpert comparison actually. I've read so much about him, so I don't quite remember who made that comparison. I've seen Shumpert, Beverly, George Hill the most.

On ESPN's mock draft show last night, Fran Fraschilla (who was banging the table for KP btw) said he doesn't see a star in Frank, but possibly a solid 10 year starter. Again, I can't find many people/places that are high on him.

Quote Originally Posted by GiantsSwaGG View Post
    What? Bruh you serious. Frank's shot actually looks better than I thought. Shump handle was ATROCIOUS coming out.
    You're right...I think the comparisons are in perceived role. Maybe he should've said Shump with better handle. Are we already forgetting what Shumpert looked like in workouts?

Even NBA.com scouts -

Strengths

• Ideal physical profile for his position. Reported 7’ foot wingspan, great lateral speed.
    • Superior feel for the game. Mostly comfortable in pick & roll game, also a good decision maker.
    • Constantly engaged on the defensive end of the floor, always brings good energy.
    • Healthy combination of high-level experience (Euroleague, Eurocup), with leadership role on junior national teams.
    • Jump shot has improved significantly, but still a work in progress

Weaknesses

• Weak finisher around the basket. Often shies away from using explosiveness to get over his defenders.
    • Needs to continue getting stronger as he learns how to take contact in driving lanes
    • Prefers to defer to others to create offense despite his capabilities.

NBA projection: Expect to see Ntilikina’s name off the draft board by the middle of the lottery. Arguably the best European prospect from the 1998 generation, his natural point guard skills combined with a large frame make him an intriguing prospect. His lack of assertiveness to be a shoot-first player indicates that he may be better suited alongside an aggressive scoring guard long term. Defensively, he shouldn’t have issues guarding most perimeter players at the NBA level thanks in part to his outstanding lateral agility and discipline to not gamble for steals.

2016-17 Season

In his second straight season with hometown Strasbourg in the French LNB Pro A, Ntilikina displayed a significant improvement from his rookie year in which he earned the league’s rising star award. He combined for 23 starts in 46 games so far this season between French and Euro competitions. Ntilikina also competed for France in the FIBA Euro U-18 Championships for the second straight year. After a rocky start to begin the tournament due to an illness, he absolutely dominated and walked away with the MVP trophy and a first place finish over Lithuania.

Key Statistics: 31 GP, 18.2 MPG, 5.2 PPG, 52% 2P, 43% 3P, 62% FT, 2.2 RPG, 1.4 APG, 0.7 SPG, 0.2 BPG, 0.8 TPG, (LNB Pro A); 14 GP, 18.2 MPG, 7.2 PPG, 50% 2P, 40% 3P, 73% FT, 1.9 RPG, 2.1 APG, 0.9 SPG, 0.0 BPG, 1.5 TPG, (FIBA Champions League); 6 GP, 27.8 MPG, 15.2 PPG, 42% 2P, 59% 3P, 92% FT, 2.8 RPG, 4.5 APG, 2.2 SPG, 1.2 BPG, 3.3 TPG, (FIBA Euro U-18 Tournament)

Career Highlights: In FIBA play with France, selected MVP of the 2016 FIBA U18 European Championships. Averaged 15.2 points and made 17-of-29 shots (58.6%) from three. Had 31 points in the title win vs. Lithuania to secure gold. Also won gold at the 2014 U16 Euros (7.4 ppg, 2.0 apg) and helped France to sixth at the 2015 U18 Euros (8.6 ppg, 4.4 apg). Invited to 2016 Basketball without Borders Camp in Toronto.

Cool Statistic: Ntilikina made his Euroleague debut in 2015 at the ripe age of 17 years and 3 months. One of the youngest to ever make the jump to the senior league in history.

Reminds me of: Emmanuel Mudiay

What Insiders Say

Chris Denker, NetScouts Basketball

In a year of depth at the guard position, Ntilikina adds to that depth being the top International guard prospect in this draft. Good size, versatility, and a solid defender but not the level of the top 4-5 American perimeter prospects. Mid-first round talent and has a chance to enjoy a long NBA career.

Stefanos Makris, NBAdraft.net

“Ntilikina is undoubtedly one of the best International players of his generation. His elite physical tools and feel for the game, combined with his high upside makes him a really intriguing prospect ... He is not NBA ready just yet, but he has all the tools to become a very good player in the future.

Carl Berman, NetScouts Basketball

“While Ntilikina has been playing more as an off-guard at Strasbourg his future is as a point. His physical attributes and feel for the game lead to a likely high upside. While he's currently not of the level of the top American point guard prospects in this draft, I'd expect to see Ntilikina's name to come up by the middle of the first round at the latest."

Mike Schmitz and Bogdan Karaicic, Draft Express

“Ntilikina is one of the more steady guard prospects in this draft class as he defends multiple positions, can play on or off the ball, has a strong feel for the game and a mature professional approach, and has greatly improved as a shooter. Ntilikina may not be at the same level talent-wise as the top-tier American guards in the draft, but he’s still a very intriguing long-term two-way prospect because of the aforementioned qualities.
    http://www.nba.com/draft/2017/prospects/frank_ntilikina

Again, these are people that scout for a living and that have seen more of him than any of us.
    Last edited by smood999; 06-22-2017 at 11:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    I believe DraftExpress made the Shumpert comparison actually. I've read so much about him, so I don't quite remember who made that comparison. I've seen Shumpert, Beverly, George Hill the most.

On ESPN's mock draft show last night, Fran Fraschilla (who was banging the table for KP btw) said he doesn't see a star in Frank, but possibly a solid 10 year starter. Again, I can't find many people/places that are high on him.
    Comparing Frank to KP is futile. Nobody in the world is confusing the two as a prospect and we didn't draft KP at #8.

Quote Originally Posted by FOXHOUND View Post
    Comparing Frank to KP is futile. Nobody in the world is confusing the two as a prospect and we didn't draft KP at #8.
    What I'm saying is that when international players have the goods, they have the goods. No one is sleeping on them because of where they play. Fraschilla's job is an international scout so that's all he does is watch these players. He knows how to gauge international prospects.

You have to be somewhat worried when people talk about him and when reading about him. There hasn't been all that much great things said in comparison to the other guards. People have differing opinions on guys like Monk, Isaac and DSJ, but there's still a lot of positive things out there on both.

Another thing that I noticed is that he was Bilas' 13th best prospect overall. Add him to the list as well.

Eight this year isn't 8 two years ago or 8 most years. Stanley Johnson and Frank Kaminsky (8 and 9 in 2015) aren't DSJ or Monk. They may not even be Ntilikina.
    Last edited by smood999; 06-22-2017 at 11:59 AM.

Page 1 of 65 1231151 ... LastLast