Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 21 of 33 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 315 of 485
  1. #301
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    12,423
    Just let em tilly

  2. #302
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Woodstock
    Posts
    8,575
    Quote Originally Posted by OptiMized View Post
    Speaking of Erik Johnson. He beat the crap out of Rinaldo tonight. Rinaldo sucker-punched Girard. Expect some suspensions
    What the hell was Rinaldo thinking? Hopefully he'll be suspended for our game against them after he rocked Brown last time.
    2015 Re-Draft Dream Team

    Hall-Backes-Cammalleri
    Lupul-Bjugstad-Brown
    Rieder-Rakell-Hayes
    Jaskin-Jenner-Stempniak

    McDonagh-Doughty
    Orpik-Jones
    Campbell-Gudbranson

    Bernier
    Tokarski

  3. #303
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Leafs
    Posts
    18,891
    Quote Originally Posted by JaysLeafs98 View Post
    What the hell was Rinaldo thinking? Hopefully he'll be suspended for our game against them after he rocked Brown last time.
    no idea. but he was suspended for 6 games.

  4. #304
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Leafs
    Posts
    18,891
    Some quick hits since the trade freeze is over.

    -Freidman says he could see the Habs taking a look at Letang
    -Freidman says he hears that Duclair could be traded soon
    -There is a rumour that Gudbranson is close to returning to the Atlantic Division. Leafs were rumoured to have interest but the Panthers are also in this division, so they seem like the most likely landing spot. Zaitsev being out might give the Leafs more of a reason to make the trade though

  5. #305
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Woodstock
    Posts
    8,575
    Quote Originally Posted by OptiMized View Post
    Some quick hits since the trade freeze is over.

    -Freidman says he could see the Habs taking a look at Letang
    -Freidman says he hears that Duclair could be traded soon
    -There is a rumour that Gudbranson is close to returning to the Atlantic Division. Leafs were rumoured to have interest but the Panthers are also in this division, so they seem like the most likely landing spot. Zaitsev being out might give the Leafs more of a reason to make the trade though
    I think the Panthers are the team he goes too. Tallon hated that move when it happened and could easily see him bringing Gudbranson back. If we bring him in hopefully Polak is the guy going out the door with picks and not Carrick.

    Jet's just lost Scheifele for 6-8 weeks and that's a huge blow for them. Have Wheeler playing C in practice today with Little,Lowry,Hendricks behind him. Still think that's a great landing spot for Bozak considering they need to make the playoffs this year.
    2015 Re-Draft Dream Team

    Hall-Backes-Cammalleri
    Lupul-Bjugstad-Brown
    Rieder-Rakell-Hayes
    Jaskin-Jenner-Stempniak

    McDonagh-Doughty
    Orpik-Jones
    Campbell-Gudbranson

    Bernier
    Tokarski

  6. #306
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Leafs
    Posts
    18,891
    Quote Originally Posted by JaysLeafs98 View Post
    I think the Panthers are the team he goes too. Tallon hated that move when it happened and could easily see him bringing Gudbranson back. If we bring him in hopefully Polak is the guy going out the door with picks and not Carrick.

    Jet's just lost Scheifele for 6-8 weeks and that's a huge blow for them. Have Wheeler playing C in practice today with Little,Lowry,Hendricks behind him. Still think that's a great landing spot for Bozak considering they need to make the playoffs this year.
    I was thinking something like Soshnikov+Polak for Gudbranson. Gives them a decent wing prospect and if they play Polak they could probably sell him at the deadline for a couple picks (4th, 5th, 6th, 7th). Maybe even throw in Rosen and reunite him with Holm.

    I could see the Jets sniffing around Bozak. The Jets look legit this year and i could see them paying more than they normally would. And i think Bozak is from Winnipeg. 2nd and Lemieux? Nothing too expensive for the Jets but we get a couple good pieces. Lemieux could fill the pest role when Komarov leaves

  7. #307
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Woodstock
    Posts
    8,575
    Quote Originally Posted by OptiMized View Post
    I was thinking something like Soshnikov+Polak for Gudbranson. Gives them a decent wing prospect and if they play Polak they could probably sell him at the deadline for a couple picks (4th, 5th, 6th, 7th). Maybe even throw in Rosen and reunite him with Holm.

    I could see the Jets sniffing around Bozak. The Jets look legit this year and i could see them paying more than they normally would. And i think Bozak is from Winnipeg. 2nd and Lemieux? Nothing too expensive for the Jets but we get a couple good pieces. Lemieux could fill the pest role when Komarov leaves
    I would do both of those, Sosh is expendable because of his waiver situation and Grundstrom, Komarov, Rychel, Lemieux would all fill the type of role we'd want from Sosh. Gudbranson isn't good, but he's a lot better than Polak.

    I know Chevy is probably way too smart for this but I would push Winnipeg for an Erat-Forsberg type of trade and offer Bozak+Komarov for Roslovic, especially if Winnipeg slips a bit.
    2015 Re-Draft Dream Team

    Hall-Backes-Cammalleri
    Lupul-Bjugstad-Brown
    Rieder-Rakell-Hayes
    Jaskin-Jenner-Stempniak

    McDonagh-Doughty
    Orpik-Jones
    Campbell-Gudbranson

    Bernier
    Tokarski

  8. #308
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Leafs
    Posts
    18,891
    Would you guys trade JVR for Pacioretty? Seems like a sideways move at best when you consider Patches is struggling hard but what this trade does is give us another year of a 30 goal scorer for $4.5 million per.

    Pacioretty at his peak is a better scorer than JVR. Habs have the cap space to re-sign JVR which they probably won't be able to do with Patches since it's out there that Bergevin is actively shopping him. Culture change as well, which is likely the main reason to get Pacioretty out of town. He seems to be drowning as the captain of the Habs, he might feel loose on this team being the 5th or 6th option.

    Don't know about Patches attitude though. I've heard rumours but i don't remember if they were about PK/Patches/price

  9. #309
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Woodstock
    Posts
    8,575
    Quote Originally Posted by OptiMized View Post
    Would you guys trade JVR for Pacioretty? Seems like a sideways move at best when you consider Patches is struggling hard but what this trade does is give us another year of a 30 goal scorer for $4.5 million per.

    Pacioretty at his peak is a better scorer than JVR. Habs have the cap space to re-sign JVR which they probably won't be able to do with Patches since it's out there that Bergevin is actively shopping him. Culture change as well, which is likely the main reason to get Pacioretty out of town. He seems to be drowning as the captain of the Habs, he might feel loose on this team being the 5th or 6th option.

    Don't know about Patches attitude though. I've heard rumours but i don't remember if they were about PK/Patches/price
    He's always seemed like an *****... I can't stand the guy personally from what I've seen so I'd prefer to keep JvR at that rate. If you can add Pacioretty and ship out somebody like Komarov and then use picks and prospects to add Patches then that is something I would look at.

    If they do panic and implode I would take shots at Galchenyuk and a retained Weber before Pacioretty.
    2015 Re-Draft Dream Team

    Hall-Backes-Cammalleri
    Lupul-Bjugstad-Brown
    Rieder-Rakell-Hayes
    Jaskin-Jenner-Stempniak

    McDonagh-Doughty
    Orpik-Jones
    Campbell-Gudbranson

    Bernier
    Tokarski

  10. #310
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    6,800
    I'd take patches, but not for jvr. Komorov and some prospect weight to free up some slots.

  11. #311
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    6,800
    Patches is a bargain at 4.5 and assuming he bounces back he could be a part of a package to being in a big name defenseman.

  12. #312
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Leafs
    Posts
    18,891
    Sounds like Canes fans have come down from the Slavin and Pesce sugar highs from last season. Both still valuable but not worth Matthews like they would have asked for last season. With Hanifin and Fleury impressing, i wonder if the Canes entertain moving one of Slavin or Pesce. Most likely to be moved is Slavin in my opinion, for a few reasons.

    1. Slavin (and Hanifin, Pesce and Fleury) have almost no offense as of right now. Hanifin has the potential to be an offensive juggernaut but the consensus is that Slavin will never be that kind of guy.

    2. Canes have a few Lefties. Hanifin is the long-term piece they keep imo. Fleury is in that Slavin mold and Jake Bean is nearly ready. They have a ton of potential on that backend and all fit the prototypes that form into a balanced D-core. Hanifin is the #1 anchor, Fleury is the shut-down guy and Bean is the complete player than could turn into anything from a #2-4 after he spends two to three years developing in the AHL or the 3rd pairing.

    3. Money. Canes don't have much of it. They do have a new owner, so they don't have money issue per se but Slavin earned 800k this year and last year. His new deal will kick in next season and it goes right up to $5.3 million. That is a lot of money to pay a defensive-defenseman when you are stacked on defense. If you add Slavin and Pesce together and they produce the same offense next year as they are doing this year, the Hurricanes will be paying $9.4 million per year for 7 years and 17 points. That would be passable if they were playing the elite D they brought last year but they have regressed a tad.

    4. Need a center to get better and everyone knows they will have to trade a defenseman to get it. So the Canes could trade from a position of strength, fill a position of weakness and shed some money if they move Slavin. I think that makes more sense

    From our POV, the obvious trade chip they'd want from us is Kadri.
    Kadri+ for Slavin
    or
    Kadri for Slavin+Kruger

    We already have lefties but i don't think we have anyone but Dermott who can play the game Slavin plays. Sets up a possible pairing of

    Slavin - Zaitsev
    Rielly - Hainsey
    (Liljegren in 2+ years)
    Gardiner - Carrick (Dermott in 1+ years)

    Kruger is an excellent checking center, not as good as Kadri but in a prototypical 3rd line C sense

    Marleau - Matthews - Nylander (Hyman never leaves this line but i could see Babs not wanting to piss of the vet)
    Jvr - Bozak - Marner
    Hyman - Kruger - Komarov
    Martin - Moore - Brown


    What do you guys think about that? No question we weaken our centre depth but i think our defense improves immensely. And if Bozak leaves? Joe Thornton starts to make more sense

    Hyman - Matthews - Nylander
    Marleau - Thornton - Marner
    Brown - Kruger - Kapanen
    Martin - Goat - Leivo/Sosh

    Slavin - Zaitsev
    Rielly - Hainsey
    Gardiner - Carrick

    Leafs would still have $22 million in cap space this offseason with easy money to trade out (Gardiner 4.1, Kruger 3.1, Hainsey 3) and create an additional $10.2 million or let expire when Matthews new deal kicks in at $11 million.

  13. #313
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Leafs
    Posts
    18,891
    The only really bad side for this deal imo, other than losing a good soldier like Kadri who was signed for a steal, is that it makes us even easier to play against. Kadri adds edge to the team. Slavin and Kruger don't bring that. And the Leafs are really easy to play against physically right now. The question is: does Kadri for Slavin+Kruger improve us enough defensively to negate the loss of physicality?

  14. #314
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Woodstock
    Posts
    8,575
    Not sure I'd do Kadri, but I do really like Slavin. Kruger is just awful.

    I would try something smaller first, maybe go Kapanen+ a couple AHL guys like Aaltonen or Valiev for Jake Bean.

    Wouldn't impact the current team, but we would have Bean/Dermott/Nielsen on the left side which could free up a Gardiner trade in the summer.

    Kapanen could probably step into the Canes lineup anywhere and take Nordstrom or Di Giuseppe out.

    Canes:
    LW: Aho, Teravainen,Skinner
    RW: Lindholm, Kapanen, Williams
    C: Staal, Rask
    LD: Slavin, Hanifin, Fleury
    RD: Faulk, Pesce
    G:

    -4th line and 3rd RD are irrelevant with that group. A center and a good goaltender would make them a top team in the east for sure.

    *Flyers and Canes are probably our best bet for a trade on D.
    2015 Re-Draft Dream Team

    Hall-Backes-Cammalleri
    Lupul-Bjugstad-Brown
    Rieder-Rakell-Hayes
    Jaskin-Jenner-Stempniak

    McDonagh-Doughty
    Orpik-Jones
    Campbell-Gudbranson

    Bernier
    Tokarski

  15. #315
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Woodstock
    Posts
    8,575
    I do think Thornton takes Bozaks spot next season though.
    2015 Re-Draft Dream Team

    Hall-Backes-Cammalleri
    Lupul-Bjugstad-Brown
    Rieder-Rakell-Hayes
    Jaskin-Jenner-Stempniak

    McDonagh-Doughty
    Orpik-Jones
    Campbell-Gudbranson

    Bernier
    Tokarski

Page 21 of 33 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •