Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

2017/2018 Trade Ideas Thread

Let er bucks. Tis the season.

OoooOOooo... fancy new thread for Opti to fill with his random thought provoking ideas!

Marner for McDavid?

McDavid and a 2nd

Grab Nate Schmidt from Vegas or Millar is fine too.

Quote Originally Posted by TO Rapz View Post
    Grab Nate Schmidt from Vegas or Millar is fine too.
    Both would be sick.

Be a nice 3rd pair.

TvR to Carolina, not willing to trade NHL Dmen but picks and prospects for scoring help. They still have Bean,Fleury,McKeown,Wesley, 2017 1st, 2 2017 2nds and their 1st and 2nd next year. Some combination for JvR and Bozak? With conditions one or both re-sign.

Fleury would be nice.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Florida looking to move De Mers. Wouldn't be a bad option.

Quote Originally Posted by Halladay View Post
    Florida looking to move De Mers. Wouldn't be a bad option.

Would have to include JVR because the Panthers need a more dependable scorer.

I could see Nashville as a major player for JVR. They just lost Neal and don't have an in house replacement. Their current LW are all grinders (Fiala has potential but isn't ready to score 30). Laviolette has coached JVR so he would have a familiarity with him and know whether JVR is a fit.

Preds 1st (#30) + Frederic Allard for JVR

I've posted before about ARZ's need for centres right now. They aren't a contender that would make a big push for Bozak but i could see them really not wanting to be outplayed and below Vegas in the standings in year one. And when the deadline comes, they could fetch something for Bozak (likely a late 1st)

ARZ 1st (#23 via MIN) + Kyle Wood + McGinn for Bozak + Lupul

McGinn has 2 years left at $3.33 million per. Good bottom-6 with some skill but no finish. Wrecking ball type player that is good defensively. Could be a good addition to Leo+Kadri line. We pay McGinn $7 million over two years, ARZ pays Lupul $3.5 million for one year. We save almost $2 million in the McGinn for Lupul swap this year to help with additions of Thornton+Marleau that was posted in the Offseason Thread

JVR, Bozak, Lupul gone is $13.7 million in cap space. McGinn knocks that down to $10.4 which could be enough to get Thornton/Marleau plus we add two 1st round picks (#23+30) and two decent RHD specs
    Last edited by OptiMized; 06-22-2017 at 07:31 PM.

So lupul going to Vegas was a dream I guess?

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tartar View Post
    So lupul going to Vegas was a dream I guess?

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
    Yup we still got him. In fact, Mirtle tweeted that Lupul failed an end-of-the-season physical so he can't be bought out

Quote Originally Posted by OptiMized View Post
    I could see Nashville as a major player for JVR. They just lost Neal and don't have an in house replacement. Their current LW are all grinders (Fiala has potential but isn't ready to score 30). Laviolette has coached JVR so he would have a familiarity with him and know whether JVR is a fit.

Preds 1st (#30) + Frederic Allard for JVR

I've posted before about ARZ's need for centres right now. They aren't a contender that would make a big push for Bozak but i could see them really not wanting to be outplayed and below Vegas in the standings in year one. And when the deadline comes, they could fetch something for Bozak (likely a late 1st)

ARZ 1st (#23 via MIN) + Kyle Wood + McGinn for Bozak + Lupul

McGinn has 2 years left at $3.33 million per. Good bottom-6 with some skill but no finish. Wrecking ball type player that is good defensively. Could be a good addition to Leo+Kadri line. We pay McGinn $7 million over two years, ARZ pays Lupul $3.5 million for one year. We save almost $2 million in the McGinn for Lupul swap this year to help with additions of Thornton+Marleau that was posted in the Offseason Thread

JVR, Bozak, Lupul gone is $13.7 million in cap space. McGinn knocks that down to $10.4 which could be enough to get Thornton/Marleau plus we add two 1st round picks (#23+30) and two decent RHD specs
    I like Allard but we need a little more than that for JvR, especially with this draft, no Dermottt, Bracco, Debrincat types available at the end of the first, early 2nd. Maybe a 2nd in 2018 that becomes a 1st if he re-signs?

Second one with Bozak I'd do but then trade Komarov and have McGinn replace him on that line.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast