Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast

Trade Deadline thread

It's about that time of year where rumors will start to swirl, names become available, and trades happen. The best time of the year. This thread is dedicated to that.

Post rumors, trade scenarios, small trades, etc. in here. And as always, you are required to use a reputable source when doing so.

Big trades or other headline worthy news may have their own thread.

Hoping the Mets get rid of their free agents.

I won't say that they can't get a lot, but they can get some good stuff for guys like Duda, Bruce, Blevins and Reed. Granderson started awful but has been hot for a month and a half, maybe a decent prospect?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Teams have been calling the Orioles asking if they planned to sell, but they are telling teams they will be buyers. Will be interesting to see if we right the ship, because right now I don't see much of an issue with selling off our pending FA's after the year, or at least a couple of them.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    Teams have been calling the Orioles asking if they planned to sell, but they are telling teams they will be buyers. Will be interesting to see if we right the ship, because right now I don't see much of an issue with selling off our pending FA's after the year, or at least a couple of them.
    Matt Harvey for Manny Machado!

I'm guessing that the Red Sox will be buyers. They'll be looking for power, seeing as how they are last in the AL in HR (by a wide margin too). Only SF has fewer in MLB. Maybe Ortiz'll come out of retirement.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    I'm guessing that the Red Sox will be buyers. They'll be looking for power, seeing as how they are last in the AL in HR (by a wide margin too). Only SF has fewer in MLB. Maybe Ortiz'll come out of retirement.
    What positions would they be looking to upgrade power at?

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    What positions would they be looking to upgrade power at?
    Gotta be third base. They can take another third baseman off our hands.

Yeah, it looks like Sandoval isn't going to be in the cards long-term for them, and Rutledge/Marrero aren't the answer. 3B is their only open position as far as upgrading IMO, and Todd Frazier is probably going to be their target, which fulfills the need for power.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Mets got three guys that have power and not much else. Bruce/Granderson and Duda.

Duda - .565 SLG%

Granderson - who is incredibly hot right now. His overall numbers look meh, but in June his OPS is 1.100, SLG% .660, .511 in May.

Bruce - 19 homers .541 SLG%.

No third baseman, but can you move Hanley to 3rd base and use one of those guys as the DH?

Upgrade over Moreland?

I can't answer the Hanley to 3B argument, but it's been a few years since he's played there and he's getting older, so that might not be the best move.

As for Moreland, he's having a pretty good year, slashing .269/.362/.467, which are well over his career numbers, while providing top notch glovework at 1B. I don't think it's a smart idea to move him off there right now.

Duquette says calling Orioles sellers is premature, and he will focus on upgrading pitching:

Even with the Orioles in a tailspin over the last six weeks, executive VP of baseball operations Dan Duquette said it was “a little premature” to consider whether or not his team will be sellers at the trade deadline, Jon Meoli of the Baltimore Sun writes. If anything, the O’s are still considering making an upgrade to their struggling rotation.

“Our pitching hasn’t been up to standards,” Duquette said. “We’re going to keep our eye out and try to get our pitching back to a competitive level, and see if we can make some additions to the team and see where we are in terms of contending for a playoff spot.”

-MLBTR
    Of course, in the past Duquette has added Scott Feldman, Bud Norris and Wade Miley for stretch runs, but any player of that caliber won't help here. The Orioles need at least another TORP starting pitcher if they hope to right the ship and get into the playoffs, as well as another innings eater who can hold down the middle of the rotation. With our farm system, I don't have any hope for that getting done.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    Gotta be third base. They can take another third baseman off our hands.
    I'm honestly not sure why Devers isn't up. Guy is killing it in AA .295/.352/.561 147wRC+.

Asdrubel Cabrera is available. Anyone think he'd provide their team value as a back up middle infielder with solid switch hitting pinch hit abilities?

Just wondering if any teams are seeing this as an area as a potential need.

As a Mets fan, he was very dependable at SS last year, as a Vet with limited range. He's been dealing with more bangs n bruises this year and his defense has suffered considerably. He's still provided a solid bat and decent pop. If he gets healthy I could see him providing decent SS defense and solid 2B defense, with a solid to above average bat off the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by n8ghee View Post
    Asdrubel Cabrera is available. Anyone think he'd provide their team value as a back up middle infielder with solid switch hitting pinch hit abilities?

As a Mets fan, he was very dependable at SS last year, as a Vet with limited range. He's been dealing with more bangs n bruises this year and his defense has suffered considerably. He's still provided a solid bat and decent pop. If he gets healthy I could see him providing decent SS defense and solid 2B defense, with a solid to above average bat off the bench.

I can see teams wanting for some bench pop. His defense leaves a lot to be desired though.

Quote Originally Posted by n8ghee View Post

He could be a target for the Orioles, but they are believed to be in talks for Hechavarria with the Marlins. They value defense first, so Cabrera might be further down the list as far as interest goes.

Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast