Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by eDush View Post
    I do my due diligence when making profound decisions. Can't support a team that was hell bent on losing by continuing using a closer who lost it as they suffered the worst 2nd half meltdown i had ever came across as a fan!

Most real fans wanted him benched for good but they didn't listened. Most clubs would have dump his a@@ long before it gotten THAT bad and now the team is paying for it, trust me
    So instead you dropped rooting for your local team and picked the odds-on winner to root for? Makes sense. I've dealt with far worse than a closer as an Orioles fan, and I wouldn't give up my fandom like you did. Were you rooting for a team before the Giants as well?
    Worst than disrespecting a well respected manager that ended up being a clubhouse cancer?

I don't recall the Birds ever suffering a 2nd half meltdown even remotely close like the Giants suffered last season that could have been prevented long before it gotten that bad without going into details. I think most fans realized this but don't want to acknowledge it due to their homerism while they continue to utter the in Bochy we trust mantra. Now I love Bochy as a manager and as a person but I really question his loyalty to veterans to a fault

Being elite is not easy cause you will be hated on but that's me

Worst than disrespecting a well respected manager that ended up being a clubhouse cancer?

I don't recall the Birds ever suffering a 2nd half meltdown even remotely close like the Giants suffered last season that could have been prevented long before it gotten that bad without going into details. I think most fans realized this but don't want to acknowledge it due to their homerism while they continue to utter the in Bochy we trust mantra. Now I love Bochy as a manager and as a person but I really question his loyalty to veterans to a fault
    A meltdown like that was because people's feelings were hurt?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Im not going to answer anymore questions until you tell me how many Giants fans you know that were fans of another team and bandwagon to the Giants most likely when they start winning? And are they interrogated to for being a bandwagon fan or do they get a pass since they join the Giants fan base instead of leaving them?

I'm gonna assume you were raised as a Giants fans instead of another team Rush otherwise it can be look upon as hypothetical in your accusations. Have a good day!

I don't know of any that changed teams post 2010 or after. Bandwagoners are annoying too but they at least stick with that one team.

I was raised a Giants fan and I would never change. I can never see myself rooting for another team.

You changed teams due to misinformation. I explained this to you and it falls on deaf ears. You don't even acknowledge the evidence I've brought forth.

It really shouldn't bother me and I shouldn't care, but it's pretty crappy to change teams to a World Series winner once the team you were cheering for falters.

I agree since yesterday's spectacular outing from Shark sure back that up

Rich like making fun of Sandoval's weight like many other fans as well as his teammates? I don't blame him for leaving after what he had accomplished in the postseasons and would only come back if his teammates formally apologized to him for their less than kind words which have apparently hurt him inside. You should apologize too cause I seen you make fun of his weight when he was on the team without using your use of verbiage. I seem to be the only one on the Giants forum who didn't fun if him like Pence didn't either and was always supportive. Something you should learn
    Why should they apologize to Sandoval? He's the one that spoke out first.

I don't where you come from pulling this "homerism while they continue to utter the in Bochy we trust mantra." Many people were pissed that Bochy kept going to Casilla last year and you can find lots of people, even going back to his Padres days, that would say Bochy gives vets too long of a leash.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    How the hell does your crying of hurt feewings have anything to do with your leg strength being that of hurdlers with all the bandwagon jumping you do?

Are you ok with changing team allegiances? I have no problem with people liking the sport(s) over a team, I know quite a few people who have no team allegiance just enjoy players/the game, but I don't think I know a single person who clings to each winning team like they're a fan. I know pretty eople who won't pay attention and then act like they've been there through thick and thin, but they just didn't pay attention through the rough times, not had an allegiance to a different team in the interim.

What you do is sad.
    It's pathetic. You stick with your team through thick and thin.

But yeah, what he's went through is so much worse than anybody else lol. The team he abandoned has won 3 fairly recent world series' lmao. What a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by One Nut Kruk View Post
    It's pathetic. You stick with your team through thick and thin.

But yeah, what he's went through is so much worse than anybody else lol. The team he abandoned has won 3 fairly recent world series' lmao. What a joke.
    Well they haven't in 2 years and the Cubs look like the next dynasty type and Matt Duffy was so beloved and betrayed the love can never be mended.

This is the most ridiculous thing I've heard of for sports fans. Just admit you like winning teams and you never had an allegiance. We all know it, just admit it.
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Well they haven't in 2 years and the Cubs look like the next dynasty type and Matt Duffy was so beloved and betrayed the love can never be mended.

This is the most ridiculous thing I've heard of for sports fans. Just admit you like winning teams and you never had an allegiance. We all know it, just admit it.
    I don't know why this is so important to you guys that he's rooting for the Cubs. It's not as though he switched from the Giants to the dodgers.
    Furthermore WTF dose any of this have to do with the Trade Deadline.
    Last edited by ciaban; 07-17-2017 at 04:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    I don't know why this is so important to you guys that he's rooting for the Cubs. It's not as though he switched from the Giants to the dodgers.
    Furthermore WTF dose any of this have to do with the Trade Deadline.
    Not important just calling it like I see it. If I needed to comment on things that were important to me, I'd never comment on anything. The who he switched to is irrelevant, it's the fact he does.

Not important just calling it like I see it. If I needed to comment on things that were important to me, I'd never comment on anything. The who he switched to is irrelevant, it's the fact he does.

My problem is I don't think this conversation is appropriate for the "trade discussion" thread, at best it's off topic, at worst, it seems like people are ganging up on someone for doing something they don't like (but doesn't directly effect them). Hell, it's not as though he's moralizing and calling out others for being "band wagoners".
    This whole exercise just seems very unnecessary, and pretty pointless.
    Last edited by ciaban; 07-17-2017 at 04:55 PM.

Ciaban...i did a couple searches and both of those prospects you mentioned (for Blevins) were ranked around 30th for the dodgers.

I'd be willing to bet a team in need of a well above average lefty reliever would give up more than that.

I don't know your prospects that you named, merely what I looked up...the Catcher was like your 4th or 5th catcher in the rankings and yea, those numbers are nice...but it's the PCL, they have to be taken with a grain of salt. If he was a worthy defending catcher he would be ranked much higher with numbers like that.

The Mets are just hoping to bring in solid prospects I assume. They're light in upper levels for pitching, and there is a need for C/3B on the big league squad. If the C/3B aren't viewed as future everyday players...then position won't matter and they'll look to get the best prospects possible.

I'd be willing to bet that some team would be willing to give up around their 10th ranked prospect for Blevins.

I do appreciate your two cents though, so don't take it that I don't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by n8ghee View Post
    Ciaban...i did a couple searches and both of those prospects you mentioned (for Blevins) were ranked around 30th for the dodgers.

I'd be willing to bet a team in need of a well above average lefty reliever would give up more than that.

I don't know your prospects that you named, merely what I looked up...the Catcher was like your 4th or 5th catcher in the rankings and yea, those numbers are nice...but it's the PCL, they have to be taken with a grain of salt. If he was a worthy defending catcher he would be ranked much higher with numbers like that.

The Mets are just hoping to bring in solid prospects I assume. They're light in upper levels for pitching, and there is a need for C/3B on the big league squad. If the C/3B aren't viewed as future everyday players...then position won't matter and they'll look to get the best prospects possible.

I'd be willing to bet that some team would be willing to give up around their 10th ranked prospect for Blevins.

I do appreciate your two cents though, so don't take it that I don't.

The dodgers are going to be getting some guys back soon, so the lefty reliever is probably more of a want than a need. So keep that in mind.

Kyle Farmer is currently on the 40 man roster, and is the #3 catcher on the depth chart, he doesn't hit for much power, but he dose take walks and doesn't strike out to much and hits for a solid average.
    In 673 at bats in AA(texas league is a pitchers league btw) he hit .278/.335/.407 and he's know for being a pretty good pitch framer and being VERY good at throwing out runners. I think one thing that hurts his value is that he's an older prospect at 26, and he might be worse than an everyday starter, but he's a lot better than most back ups. He's fairly comparable to Austin Barnes.

Another thing to keep in mind is that one teams top 10 is not the same as another teams. The dodgers 10th best prospect is much better than the Angels 10th best prospect. And we really shouldn't get to caught up in subjective team prospect rankings.

Another pitcher that might interest you more than Sopoko would be Trevor Oaks, he doesn't get a ton of K's but he's not bad at it, has very good control and doesn't walk many people, he was 2nd in the minors last year with a 2.4 gb/fb rate and induced 26 DP. He's currently in AAA as well, and is doing well there, he's also on the dodgers 40 man roster.
    Last edited by ciaban; 07-17-2017 at 08:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    The dodgers are going to be getting some guys back soon, so the lefty reliever is probably more of a want than a need. So keep that in mind.

Kyle Farmer is currently on the 40 man roster, and is the #3 catcher on the depth chart, he doesn't hit for much power, but he dose take walks and doesn't strike out to much and hits for a solid average.
    In 673 at bats in AA(texas league is a pitchers league btw) he hit .278/.335/.407 and he's know for being a pretty good pitch framer and being VERY good at throwing out runners. I think one thing that hurts his value is that he's an older prospect at 26, and he might be worse than an everyday starter, but he's a lot better than most back ups. He's fairly comparable to Austin Barnes.

Another thing to keep in mind is that one teams top 10 is not the same as another teams. The dodgers 10th best prospect is much better than the Angels 10th best prospect. And we really shouldn't get to caught up in subjective team prospect rankings.

Another pitcher that might interest you more than Sopoko would be Trevor Oaks, he doesn't get a ton of K's but he's not bad at it, has very good control and doesn't walk many people, he was 2nd in the minors last year with a 2.4 gb/fb rate and induced 26 DP. He's currently in AAA as well, and is doing well there, he's also on the dodgers 40 man roster.
    I'd be interested more if Blevins didn't have another year for 7 mil. They're not gonna give that up easy.

Page 14 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast