Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Trade Deadline thread

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    They do specifically need a lefty to match up across from Baez (RHP)

it sort of depends on what you guys need, The dodgers have lots of pitching, OF and Catchers.
    Considering his production and price tag for this year and next. Not a great return. But if you need a starter, maybe someone like Andrew Sopoko, if you need a catcher, Kyle Farmer is major league ready and can also play 3rd.
    For reference...

Since Jerry has been a Met he's had a 2.85 era/3.05 FIP with 11.5 k/9...

Well worth his price tag next season...especially if you're only going to use him against lefties...Lefties have slashed .162/.225/.176 against him this year.

Two prospects that may never even make the bigs doesn't come close to that production.

(He's no Britton or Andrew Miller tho, but you clearly don't know who he is)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by n8ghee; 07-17-2017 at 03:59 AM.

who would you rather take right now... stanton or Cutch? Stanton is better but injury prone and has that massive contract... I figured the phillies should be all over him but I am not sure Id give up much for stanton with that contract and those injury concerns.

Stanton as great as he seems really only had 2 very good seasons but never anything close to 8 war outside of 2014. Cutch has turned it around but honestly cutch has had a better career it seems so far and was basically being given away earlier.

They do specifically need a lefty to match up across from Baez (RHP)

it sort of depends on what you guys need, The dodgers have lots of pitching, OF and Catchers.
    Considering his production and price tag for this year and next. Not a great return. But if you need a starter, maybe someone like Andrew Sopoko, if you need a catcher, Kyle Farmer is major league ready and can also play 3rd.
    Justin Wilson would be a nice fit. Heck.....maybe a JD Martinez/Justin Wilson blockbuster?
    Last edited by mark1125; 07-17-2017 at 09:04 AM.

Rays and Tigers discussing Justin Wilson.

The Rays have legitimate interest in Tigers lefty Justin Wilson, and talks between the two sides have gained some traction, reports Marc Topkin of the Tampa Bay Times (via Twitter). The Rays are known to be on the hunt for a left-handed upgrade in their bullpen, and Wilsonís excellent production, modest salary ($2.7MM in 2017) and remaining club control (through the 2018 season via arbitration) all figure to appeal to the Tampa Bay front office.
    https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2017/...on-tigers.html

This is ridiculous, why would the Marlins trade him to S.F.
    Some of the stuff I have heard about the Giants is that they believe this is just one bad season; Stanton would be a long term investment with eyes on the future!
    PSD's Muhammad Wilkerson!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by eDush View Post
    I do my due diligence when making profound decisions. Can't support a team that was hell bent on losing by continuing using a closer who lost it as they suffered the worst 2nd half meltdown i had ever came across as a fan!

Most real fans wanted him benched for good but they didn't listened. Most clubs would have dump his a@@ long before it gotten THAT bad and now the team is paying for it, trust me
    I don't know how many times this needs to be said. They were finalists for Melancon but the Pirates liked the Nationals offer more. How can you fault them for that? Of course they wanted to add a quality closer but they can't offer up the farm for one. Be realistic.

You also previously mentioned Duffy's trade being a factor. You said they told him he won't be traded, that they lied to him. That is false. That is the misinformation I'm referencing.

Just pretty convenient that you all of a sudden become a Cubs fan during their World Series run.
    Im not going to answer anymore questions until you tell me how many Giants fans you know that were fans of another team and bandwagon to the Giants most likely when they start winning? And are they interrogated to for being a bandwagon fan or do they get a pass since they join the Giants fan base instead of leaving them?

I'm gonna assume you were raised as a Giants fans instead of another team Rush otherwise it can be look upon as hypothetical in your accusations. Have a good day!

Click photo to see what we do best as defending champions!

Houston are 2nd to none when it comes due diligence so I highly doubt they give up anything for him. Most likely they get SF to eat some of Shark's salary to take them off their hands...I know I would
    I think the Giants can get a good piece for him. He's been a quality starter this season.
    I agree since yesterday's spectacular outing from Shark sure back that up

I don't know of a single Giants fan that bandwagonned their way over from another team after one of these recent championships (except for maybe you).

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    According to most in the NBA forum, he used to be a Lakers fan. Now roots for the Warriors.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    Oh, man. That's rich (and not the least bit surprising).
    Rich like making fun of Sandoval's weight like many other fans as well as his teammates? I don't blame him for leaving after what he had accomplished in the postseasons and would only come back if his teammates formally apologized to him for their less than kind words which have apparently hurt him inside. You should apologize too cause I seen you make fun of his weight when he was on the team without using your use of verbiage. I seem to be the only one on the Giants forum who didn't fun if him like Pence didn't either and was always supportive. Something you should learn

Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post
    Some of the stuff I have heard about the Giants is that they believe this is just one bad season; Stanton would be a long term investment with eyes on the future!
    I understand full well why the giants would want him, the better question is why would the Marlins want to trade him to S.F.
    Quote Originally Posted by n8ghee View Post
    For reference...

Since Jerry has been a Met he's had a 2.85 era/3.05 FIP with 11.5 k/9...

Well worth his price tag next season...especially if you're only going to use him against lefties...Lefties have slashed .162/.225/.176 against him this year.

Two prospects that may never even make the bigs doesn't come close to that production.

(He's no Britton or Andrew Miller tho, but you clearly don't know who he is)

Something for people to keep in mind, relievers aren't in short supply like last year. The prices we saw people pay last year were likely a 1 time glitch in the market, not the normal price we should come to expect.

Sopoko is pitching very well in AA.
    Kyle Farmer is in AAA and on the season has hit .320/.377/.480 what makes you think a guy who can catch and play 3rd hitting like that in AAA won't make the majors?
    Something to keep in mind is the dodgers system is really deep, guys who are like top 15 in the dodgers system would rank among the best prospects in other systems. Also, I don't really know what you or specifically the mets value, (whether they want safer players closer to the bigs or more talented players further away)
    Last edited by ciaban; 07-17-2017 at 01:04 PM.

This is ridiculous, why would the Marlins trade him to S.F.
    To piss you off.
    It would piss off the Dodgers fan base much more if they traded Bellinger or Seager for him

It would piss off the Dodgers fan base much more if they traded Bellinger or Seager for him
    That would piss me off a lot more.

Rich like making fun of Sandoval's weight like many other fans as well as his teammates? I don't blame him for leaving after what he had accomplished in the postseasons and would only come back if his teammates formally apologized to him for their less than kind words which have apparently hurt him inside. You should apologize too cause I seen you make fun of his weight when he was on the team without using your use of verbiage. I seem to be the only one on the Giants forum who didn't fun if him like Pence didn't either and was always supportive. Something you should learn
    How the hell does your crying of hurt feewings have anything to do with your leg strength being that of hurdlers with all the bandwagon jumping you do?

Are you ok with changing team allegiances? I have no problem with people liking the sport(s) over a team, I know quite a few people who have no team allegiance just enjoy players/the game, but I don't think I know a single person who clings to each winning team like they're a fan. I know people who won't pay attention and then act like they've been there through thick and thin, but they just didn't pay attention through the rough times, not had an allegiance to a different team in the interim.

What you do is sad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by mark1125 View Post
    Justin Wilson would be a nice fit. Heck.....maybe a JD Martinez/Justin Wilson blockbuster?
    That's true. For the price the dodgers would have to pay for either one they may as well get both.

Quote Originally Posted by n8ghee View Post
    I won't be surprised when the Cubs trade Schwarber.

It wouldn't happen either. I would trade Russell or Heyward or a handful of other position players before I trade Schwarber. Bryant is the only one I wouldn't trade beside Schwarber unless I get the mother load of talents that goes beyond their worth 2x fold that I cannot refused

Page 13 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast