Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    With Stantons health, I think he's not going to opt out. If he has mashed since then and not missed any time or struggled, then yeah, he probably opts out and gets a massive contract. If he opts out, I can't see him getting more than he leaves on the table. Besides, if I was buying the Marlins, having a top 10-20 player on the team is a huge selling point for me. I also don't want to inherit the decision to trade him and cover some of the salary and pay him not to play for me.
    Well the opt out is after the 2020 season which he'll be 30 at the time. It's not inconceivable he opts out if he stays healthy and continues to produce at an elite level . Much of that contract is ridiculously backloaded because Loria knew he wasn't going to be around to pay it. Whoever is the new owner is going to pay a bulk of that deal if he decides to stay for the duration.

I hear ya. He's a good building block but you never know what kind of ownership the Marlins are about to get. Loria is a cheap ******* but owners being cheap *******s in sports is nothing new.

Hey look its possible someone is willing to take on 90+% of that contract and give you back top prospects in return. It never hurts to find out.

Rockies interested in OF JD Martinez despite their glut of outfielders already. Though Martinez hits lefties well, and this could also be a case of asset denial as the Dodgers and Diamondbacks are also interested.
    SL and KC supposedly in the mix to. Interested to see how Al Avila botches this up.

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    I can't over state how well that would work.

Giants fans might know.
    Rush do the giants have the assets to blow the marlins away in a trade for Stanton?
    I'd be shocked if they pulled it off. I don't see how they could put together a package for him. They have some good prospects but not the types to entice the Marlins.

Quote Originally Posted by DigglinDickers View Post
    If LA can't get Stanton I hope he does go to SF. That's if he waives his no trade clause.
    I'd prefer him go to the Angels if he were to get traded.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post

Hey look its possible someone is willing to take on 90+% of that contract and give you back top prospects in return. It never hurts to find out.
    Whoever that GM is, wouldn't be a GM for long after making that trade. The more contract that is retained, the higher quality prospects are sent in return. Now, if Stanton agreed to take the opt-out after 2020, that is something different entirely.

Whoever that GM is, wouldn't be a GM for long after making that trade. The more contract that is retained, the higher quality prospects are sent in return. Now, if Stanton agreed to take the opt-out after 2020, that is something different entirely.
    Oh of course but its not like you're taking on an albatross of a contract for another few years. In terms of annual salary this is about what he would command in FA and there still needs to be a significant return in talent if you want to acquire a player of his caliber.

I guess the angels are looking at Dee Gordon to solve their whole at 2nd base, what would giants fans want back for Panik instead, since Arroyo's bat profiles better up the middle than at 3rd.

I'd prefer him go to the Angels if he were to get traded.
    I think it would cripple them in the long run. I've also watched more Giants games in my lifetime than LA games and it's hard to watch them being this bad now... it takes a little fun out of the rivalry. I also miss Kruk & Kuip.
    Last edited by DigglinDickers; 07-16-2017 at 10:37 PM.

Now this guy sounds like a decent Dodgers fan!

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

I guess the angels are looking at Dee Gordon to solve their whole at 2nd base, what would giants fans want back for Panik instead, since Arroyo's bat profiles better up the middle than at 3rd.
    Pass

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Rockies interested in OF JD Martinez despite their glut of outfielders already. Though Martinez hits lefties well, and this could also be a case of asset denial as the Dodgers and Diamondbacks are also interested.
    What do you think would realistically be a good starting point for Britton to LA? God it's not a hugeeeee need but goddamn would it be nice.

Calhoun starting point?
    Buehler is untouchable and I think Verdugo is *almost* at that level

Calhoun, Stewart, and another?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by LASportsFan1996 View Post
    What do you think would realistically be a good starting point for Britton to LA? God it's not a hugeeeee need but goddamn would it be nice.

Calhoun starting point?
    Buehler is untouchable and I think Verdugo is *almost* at that level

Calhoun, Stewart, and another?

What would you give up for renting Addison Reed? Or do you guys strictly need a lefty?

In which case...what would you give up for Blevins (who has an extra year of control)?

((Personally, I don't want the Mets to trade Jerry, cause I want him on our squad next year, but if the price is right...I'd understand it))

I just read the BoSox could possibly be interested in AssDribble or TJ Rivera for 3B...what would a reasonable return for the Mets be for either of these guys?

Cabrera has another year that can be bought out for 2m (8.5 mil next year).

TJ has many years of control left.

Quote Originally Posted by n8ghee View Post
    What would you give up for renting Addison Reed? Or do you guys strictly need a lefty?

In which case...what would you give up for Blevins (who has an extra year of control)?

((Personally, I don't want the Mets to trade Jerry, cause I want him on our squad next year, but if the price is right...I'd understand it))

They do specifically need a lefty to match up across from Baez (RHP)

it sort of depends on what you guys need, The dodgers have lots of pitching, OF and Catchers.
    Considering his production and price tag for this year and next. Not a great return. But if you need a starter, maybe someone like Andrew Sopoko, if you need a catcher, Kyle Farmer is major league ready and can also play 3rd.

They do specifically need a lefty to match up across from Baez (RHP)

it sort of depends on what you guys need, The dodgers have lots of pitching, OF and Catchers.
    Considering his production and price tag for this year and next. Not a great return. But if you need a starter, maybe someone like Andrew Sopoko, if you need a catcher, Kyle Farmer is major league ready and can also play 3rd.
    I tab 3B and Catcher as our two biggest positional needs.

Pitching of course is always a need.

But if Farmer or Sopoko aren't top 15 spects in your system, no chance you're getting Blevins or Reed for them. Some team would easily be willing to pay that price.

Page 12 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast