Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by eDush View Post
    I do my due diligence when making profound decisions. Can't support a team that was hell bent on losing by continuing using a closer who lost it as they suffered the worst 2nd half meltdown i had ever came across as a fan!

Most real fans wanted him benched for good but they didn't listened. Most clubs would have dump his a@@ long before it gotten THAT bad and now the team is paying for it, trust me
    I don't know how many times this needs to be said. They were finalists for Melancon but the Pirates liked the Nationals offer more. How can you fault them for that? Of course they wanted to add a quality closer but they can't offer up the farm for one. Be realistic.

You also previously mentioned Duffy's trade being a factor. You said they told him he won't be traded, that they lied to him. That is false. That is the misinformation I'm referencing.

Just pretty convenient that you all of a sudden become a Cubs fan during their World Series run.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    This is ridiculous, why would the Marlins trade him to S.F.

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    According to most in the NBA forum, he used to be a Lakers fan. Now roots for the Warriors.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    Oh, man. That's rich (and not the least bit surprising).

"there's no shines in my shinebox"

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    To piss you off.

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    Because whoever the owners are, no one wants to pay Stanton 325 million dollars. We are all looking for greener pastures with Loria moving on but who knows? Maybe whoever buys the team is cheaper than Loria.

I think they're also pretty sure he's going to opt out at the first chance he gets.

I don't know if the Giants have the assets to blow the Marlins away but it never hurts to gauge his potential market and likewise for the Marlins, who aren't going anywhere.

Well the Nats acquired their bullpen help. They got Doolitttle and Madson from the A's for Blake Treinen, Sheldon Neuse and Jesus Luzardo.

Weird deal though. The Nats move a RP with solid peripherals when they need bullpen help and as many arms as possible. I would have tried to substitute Treinen with another piece.

The A's undersold on the combination of Madson and Doolittle imo. I get Madson is 36 but both guys are under control and have been excellent this year. I would have looked for more than Neuse and Luzardo in return.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Because whoever the owners are, no one wants to pay Stanton 325 million dollars. We are all looking for greener pastures with Loria moving on but who knows? Maybe whoever buys the team is cheaper than Loria.

I think they're also pretty sure he's going to opt out at the first chance he gets.

I don't know if the Giants have the assets to blow the Marlins away but it never hurts to gauge his potential market and likewise for the Marlins, who aren't going anywhere.
    With Stantons health, I think he's not going to opt out. If he has mashed since then and not missed any time or struggled, then yeah, he probably opts out and gets a massive contract. If he opts out, I can't see him getting more than he leaves on the table. Besides, if I was buying the Marlins, having a top 10-20 player on the team is a huge selling point for me. I also don't want to inherit the decision to trade him and cover some of the salary and pay him not to play for me.

Summing up the Orioles trade rumors right now: if ownership approves, the club will be looking to sell Zach Britton, Brad Brach, Darren O'Day and Seth Smith, as well as possibly Wellington Castillo.

The report further states that Manny Machado and Adam Jones are not on the market, and while teams are asking about Mychal Givens, the Orioles control him through 2021 and are looking to hold onto him.

In addition, it is entirely possible that the club only trades one of Britton/Brach, and retains the other to be the closer for the rest of this year and 2018.

Per MLBTR, the Rays have shown interest and are scouting RP Hunter Strickland of the Giants. They would be in line to play Bryce Harper and the Nationals next year during interleague play as well.

Rockies interested in OF JD Martinez despite their glut of outfielders already. Though Martinez hits lefties well, and this could also be a case of asset denial as the Dodgers and Diamondbacks are also interested.

I am going to miss JD Martinez.

Defense leaves a lot to be desired but man can he hit with power to all fields. The ball just makes a different sound coming off his bat. Also seems like he's just an all around good dude too.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    To piss you off.
    I can't over state how well that would work.
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post

Giants fans might know.
    Rush do the giants have the assets to blow the marlins away in a trade for Stanton?

If LA can't get Stanton I hope he does go to SF. That's if he waives his no trade clause.

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast