Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Brooklyn Nets Off-Season Thread

Since there is only a small group of us that are Nets fans, lets use this thread to put our off-season thoughts.

(Regarding FA) - I think the Nets will go with the same approach they did last year and that is offer decent sized contracts to RFA and play the hands of other teams. In the Yahoo! Sports podcast with Woj they had special guest Bobby Marks (who worked with the Nets for a long time) and thinks the names that they will go after is Otto Porter and KCP forcing the hands of the Wizards and Pistons. I'd personally love for them to go after Simmons because the Spurs will be trying to sign a big name star and might not be able to match that contract in time.

Any thoughts? -- We can also use this for draft talk as well.

D'Angelo Russell!! Bye Brook

Quote Originally Posted by MJNetsIsles View Post
    D'Angelo Russell!! Bye Brook
    I find this move curious
    Short Cut, Draw Blood

I like the deal for both sides. You guys needed something young and hopeful to sell the fans since you have no picks

I don't like the trade. Nets didn't have to give up the 27th pick. Lakers should have actually sent Nets the 28th pick.
    Short Cut, Draw Blood

Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyHumph View Post
    I don't like the trade. Nets didn't have to give up the 27th pick. Lakers should have actually sent Nets the 28th pick.
    Russell will make you love the trade.

PG: Russell
    SG: LeVert
    SF: Hollis Jefferson
    PF:
    C:

Russell will make you love the trade.
    Lakers wanted to move Russell (the snitch) and Mosgov very badly. Lopez is an expiring contract. Nets just gave Lakers enough capspace to sign Lebron in '18.

Russell is going to have to turn out to be very good for this to be a good trade for Nets.
    Short Cut, Draw Blood

Lakers wanted to move Russell (the snitch) and Mosgov very badly. Lopez is an expiring contract. Nets just gave Lakers enough capspace to sign Lebron in '18.

Russell is going to have to turn out to be very good for this to be a good trade for Nets.
    If Lebron goes to LA they won the trade obviously

but that's not what this trade is about we have to worry about our team and building the right core. We have the point guard, we have the shooting guard, we have the small foward, now we need a legit 2 legit young big men.

Sean Marks got us D'Angelo Russell for Brook Lopez and pick #27 that's a steal. Taking on Mozgov's salary doesn't hurt us. We can afford that salary.

This was a vital move, a true point guard to run the franchise, and Marks made the deal. I'm pleased.

If Lebron goes to LA they won the trade obviously

but that's not what this trade is about we have to worry about our team and building the right core. We have the point guard, we have the shooting guard, we have the small foward, now we need a legit 2 legit young big men.

Sean Marks got us D'Angelo Russell for Brook Lopez and pick #27 that's a steal. Taking on Mozgov's salary doesn't hurt us. We can afford that salary.

This was a vital move, a true point guard to run the franchise, and Marks made the deal. I'm pleased.
    What exactly do like about Russell? His 40% shooting or his 3 FTAs per game?
    Short Cut, Draw Blood

What exactly do like about Russell? His 40% shooting or his 3 FTAs per game?
    The fact that he's only 21 years old and can mature into an All-Star.

Would you rather have Jeremy Lin play? The answer is no. This was a core building move by Marks.

The fact that he's only 21 years old and can mature into an All-Star.

Would you rather have Jeremy Lin play? The answer is no. This was a core building move by Marks.
    Yes, I would like Lin starting, the Center with the expiring contract, the 27th pick and not paying Mosgov $54 mil over 3 years.
    Short Cut, Draw Blood

Yes, I would like Lin starting, the Center with the expiring contract, the 27th pick and not paying Mosgov $54 mil over 3 years.
    I'm high on D'Angelo Russell's potential. You're obviously not. I think the Nets just got a stud in the making. Russell > pick 27. Russell = top 2 pick

The Nets basically just gave themselves the pick they traded away in the Boston debacle. Now we have a franchise point guard. I can't stress enough how important that is. I'd rather have Russell and Mosgov than Brook Lopez and the 27th pick. If Russell develops into an All Star, we win this trade. We got a superstar prospect for an expiring contract and a pick and taking on Mosgov.

So you would like a 20 win team with no potential and the 27th pick over an X amount of wins a young phenom PG and an expensive Center? You seem stuck in the mud on this trade. D'Angelo Russell!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast