Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    If he knew and signed on that they were going to make fun of him for being a ring chasing coward in front of millions of people then he lacks even more competitiveness than I thought (and I thought he had zero). He basically agreed with that assessment.

And it did look pretty staged between KD's deadpan look and Russ already had his hand up to cover up his mouth a bit.
    Or he's secure enough in his decision that he can play along with the joke. You think he should have attacked Manning for daring to impugn his masculinity? That sounds much more sad and cowardly than going along with the joke.
    MacLean's Law: Everywhere you go there will be a jerk. Corrolary: If you go somewhere by yourself you become a jerk.

Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    Avery Bradley says Kyrie is the hardest player to defend, and it's not even close.

https://cavsnation.com/avery-bradley...ot-even-close/
    If you had to stop 1 player for 1 play I don't know of anybody who would be harder to stop as a guard. Unfortunately Kyrie stops himself a lot of the time it seems. The Warriors certainly didn't stop him they just slowed him down occasionally.
    MacLean's Law: Everywhere you go there will be a jerk. Corrolary: If you go somewhere by yourself you become a jerk.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Or he's secure enough in his decision that he can play along with the joke. You think he should have attacked Manning for daring to impugn his masculinity? That sounds much more sad and cowardly than going along with the joke.
    Attack? Lol, of course not. I figured his best reaction was to give a quizzical look and a raised hand with a sweeping motion as if to say "get outta here with that nonsense". The look he gave while everyone was laughing just made him look like he knew he earned the ridicule and was ok with being a punchline. He's got no pride, but we knew that last summer. But know we know that he knows that, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    Attack? Lol, of course not. I figured his best reaction was to give a quizzical look and a raised hand with a sweeping motion as if to say "get outta here with that nonsense". The look he gave while everyone was laughing just made him look like he knew he earned the ridicule and was ok with being a punchline. He's got no pride, but we knew that last summer. But know we know that he knows that, too.
    I think you are putting way too much thought in what other people think and how they act and why

I'm sure he's very proud of his ring.

lol, exactly.

I really like the Rockets' additions of Tarik Black and Luc Richard Mbah a Moute over the last couple of days. It gives them solid front court depth, offers a lot more roster flexibility and helps bolster their defense. Aside from the obvious hopes of a Melo deal, I would still like to see them add a fourth guard to replace Lou Will's role from last season. But the roster is looking damn good, and even if they don't deal for Melo, I think they're a much better basketball team next season on paper.

If you had to stop 1 player for 1 play I don't know of anybody who would be harder to stop as a guard. Unfortunately Kyrie stops himself a lot of the time it seems. The Warriors certainly didn't stop him they just slowed him down occasionally.
    Kyrie is a hit-or-miss player. If he misses, it's not the defense. The guy shoots a shot that is 100% make-able every time. The only problem I will ever have with Kyrie is that he still doesn't play defense or make teammates better. Granted, LeBron is there to "make" teammates better but when he's out of the rotation, ISO-Kyrie is never going to beat the Warriors. And for someone who doesn't even do much outside of scoring, I still don't get why Kyrie can't play defense. But I think Avery is wrong on this one. Is Kyrie really more unstoppable than RWB? The only way you stop RWB is by hoping: A) His teammates can't score. B) Collapse defense on RWB.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    Kyrie is a hit-or-miss player. If he misses, it's not the defense. The guy shoots a shot that is 100% make-able every time. The only problem I will ever have with Kyrie is that he still doesn't play defense or make teammates better. Granted, LeBron is there to "make" teammates better but when he's out of the rotation, ISO-Kyrie is never going to beat the Warriors. And for someone who doesn't even do much outside of scoring, I still don't get why Kyrie can't play defense. But I think Avery is wrong on this one. Is Kyrie really more unstoppable than RWB? The only way you stop RWB is by hoping: A) His teammates can't score. B) Collapse defense on RWB.
    The thing with Kyrie is you have to respect his shot from three, his mid-range, his ability to beat you off the dribble with the best handles, and his ability to take it to the rack and finish with high degrees of difficulty.

With Russ, the defender and or team can live with giving him open looks from 3 and long mid range. They know the percentages of his effectiveness is reduced, but with Kyrie you can't do that.

Russ and LeBron are just really effective at what they do best which is drive to the hole and put pressure on the defense, but Kyrie can set up his defender the best with his arsenal and versatility.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    Russ isn't a prolific outside shooter, so I'm sure from AB's perspective it's a little easier to guard him.

Russ is more dominant and obviously the better player, but that doesn't mean he's harder to defend one-on-one.

I'd have to side with the actual All-NBA 1st team caliber defender and accept his word/perspective on it.

BELIEVELAND WE CHAMPS!!! 2016!!!

Avery is a great defender and Kyrie lit him up the second half of game 4 (I think that was the half). He was unstoppable that game. As far as 1v1 goes, I agree with Avery. Especially when he didn't have much help defense because the Celtics had to respect the shooters. Kyrie made it look so easy.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    I really like the Rockets' additions of Tarik Black and Luc Richard Mbah a Moute over the last couple of days. It gives them solid front court depth, offers a lot more roster flexibility and helps bolster their defense. Aside from the obvious hopes of a Melo deal, I would still like to see them add a fourth guard to replace Lou Will's role from last season. But the roster is looking damn good, and even if they don't deal for Melo, I think they're a much better basketball team next season on paper.
    Bench looks a bit thin even with the additions of Black and Moute. Plus whatever they eventually cough up for Melo.

Houston Rockets owner Leslie Alexander announcing right now that he will be selling the team

this sucks, best owner in the history of houston sports
    “Today, we rip the hearts out of these ****in' haters!!!” - Demeco Ryans pregame speech vs ATL

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    Bench looks a bit thin even with the additions of Black and Moute. Plus whatever they eventually cough up for Melo.
    How do you figure? The second unit right now looks like:

PG: ????
    SG: Eric Gordon
    SF: PJ Tucker
    PF: Luc Richard Mbah a Moute
    C: Nene

And Black would be the third center and likely getting minutes when Nene sits out games or Clint gets in foul trouble, similar to how the Rockets used Harrell. That's probably one of the best second units in all of sports. Nearly ever one of those guys could start for a number of rosters around the league. And I have no doubt that they can add a competent veteran to be that fourth guard and play some of the role that Lou Will played last season.

I feel people say things like Avery did with LeBron always being left out because it pretty much goes without saying. He's definitely the hardest player to stop. He's also a top 5 scorer ever, probabaly 2nd behind Jordan but I don't see him mentioned there much. I guess because he's also an elite playmaker.

Quote Originally Posted by WaDe03 View Post
    I feel people say things like Avery did with LeBron always being left out because it pretty much goes without saying. He's definitely the hardest player to stop. He's also a top 5 scorer ever, probabaly 2nd behind Jordan but I don't see him mentioned there much. I guess because he's also an elite playmaker.
    Yeah I think Avery was mostly referencing guards, or guys he's usually defending. Obviously someone like LeBron or KD or Anthony Davis are too big for him.

Also, I believe AB is referencing ISO defense. There's plenty of guys that run the PnR and execute the offense much better than Kyrie (like Russ). Overall, they're harder to stop. AB seems to be talking about one-on-one ISO defense and Kyrie is just incredibly skilled at scoring over fantastic/petfect defense from anywhere on the court.

BELIEVELAND WE CHAMPS!!! 2016!!!

Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast