Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rebuilding View Post
    just what we need, an old crappy catcher
    We have a young crappy catcher now. Darno is batting .176 vs righties this year.
    ONE SEVENTY SIX.

So yeah ... let's get that old crappy catcher in here who bats lefty ... and can also play some innings at first and in the OF in a pinch.

2-23 with RISP in this series.

Quote Originally Posted by wiley6 View Post
    2-23 with RISP in this series.
    They started the season so well with RISP. We should have known that was going to even out.

Quote Originally Posted by truthbtold View Post
    We have a young crappy catcher now. Darno is batting .176 vs righties this year.
    ONE SEVENTY SIX.

So yeah ... let's get that old crappy catcher in here who bats lefty ... and can also play some innings at first and in the OF in a pinch.

vogt's hitting .229 against righties this year big deal, I'd rather use this lost season to completely right off d'arnaud instead of giving 70% of his atbats away to a 32yo schlub.

Quote Originally Posted by rebuilding View Post
    vogt's hitting .229 against righties this year big deal, I'd rather use this lost season to completely right off d'arnaud instead of giving 70% of his atbats away to a 32yo schlub.
    Fair enough.

An error by our 3rd baseman?? How unusual.

The thing about Wilmer is that he's so bad in the field, he's a complete negative when he slumps.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGamer81 View Post
    The thing about Wilmer is that he's so bad in the field, he's a complete negative when he slumps.
    He just doesnt have the range, footwork, or arm accuracy to play 3rd base. I get he was white hot in May but he doesnt strike me as an everyday 3rd baseman.

I hear the Mets are talking about asking Cabrera to play 2nd when he comes back. They should ask him to play 3rd and move Flores to 2nd.

New York Mets @ LA Dodgers- June 19th-June 22nd

I could deal with Flores' defense when he was hitting like .330, but now his OBP is down to .301 and he's not a big enough power hitter to make that work. Maybe they should sign Moustakas to play 3rd or something.

Bullpen!

Uugghhh. Conforto is complete dogs**t right now. Can you at least TRY to provide a professional AB in that spot??!!

Nothing is more annoying than seeing a guy swing at the first pitch with the bases loaded and make a weak out.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    It's trolling to suggest a GM who has 4 pennants to his name is somehow incompetent and doesn't know what he is doing.
    You happy with the product on the field?

I'm not.

As we've discussed ad nauseum, the problems with the team are the of many individual choices. Alderson made them. The only slack he deserves is that many of his mistakes were the result of trying to save nickels and dimes. Blame for that falls on Fred.

Letting Murphy walk, letting Turner walk, getting nothing for Reyes when they let him walk, effectively getting nothing for Pagan and McHugh, blowing this season's budget by offering Walker the QO and the whole Bruce fiasco. You realize signing Walker and Bruce consigned Flores and Conforto to the bench. We could list his free agent signings, but I'm not in the mood to do lots of typing.

Let's say Alderson hasn't made the most of his opportunities.

He just doesnt have the range, footwork, or arm accuracy to play 3rd base. I get he was white hot in May but he doesnt strike me as an everyday 3rd baseman.

I hear the Mets are talking about asking Cabrera to play 2nd when he comes back. They should ask him to play 3rd and move Flores to 2nd.
    Wilmer should have been the starting 2nd baseman out of Spring Training, but that goes back to the Walker QO. Fred is getting insurance money for Wright. Why Alderson collected 5 or so 2nd basemen, but nobody adept at playing 3B is an ongoing mystery.
    Last edited by Coupon; 06-23-2017 at 02:36 AM.

It's trolling to suggest a GM who has 4 pennants to his name is somehow incompetent and doesn't know what he is doing.
    That's pretty absurd, dude.

I don't know about you guys but the balls seem juiced.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGamer81 View Post
    That's pretty absurd, dude.
    That's not my claim.

And if you are referring to the fact that you believe it isn't trolling, well I don't think its entirely fair to continually throw around categorically untrue statements year after year. Love, hate or indifference, the guy isn't nearly the stooge Coupon proclaims him to be.
    Last edited by metswon69; 06-23-2017 at 05:27 AM.

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast