Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Trading back would foolish, take the best QB and draft bpa through the rest of draft.

Darnold would be the best player available with the 1st pick.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Trading back would foolish, take the best QB and draft bpa through the rest of draft.

Darnold would be the best player available with the 1st pick.
    I'm not saying Darnold won't be, I would rather wait and see.
    I will respectfully disagree regarding the pick. If you have 3 QBS that you rate the same (not us, the FO) and would be happy with any of them and the QBs are so close in skill and readiness that there is some question as to who is the best, trade back and get a bunch of picks and still get one of them.
    There are so many guys that have busted. My feeling is that the extra picks are insurance.

You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I will respectfully disagree regarding the pick. If you have 3 QBS that you rate the same (not us, the FO) and would be happy with any of them and the QBs are so close in skill and readiness that there is some question as to who is the best, trade back and get a bunch of picks and still get one of them.
    There are so many guys that have busted. My feeling is that the extra picks are insurance.
    Kinky, I would typically agree with trying to stockpile draft picks but there is a issue here. I watched every snap of the Wyoming/Iowa game and Allen did not look that great, now granted, the talent around him is not the best, but the thing that concerned me the most was his Mark Sanchez-esque interception on a screen pass. Based on how he performed against the most talented team he will most likely face this year I can't put him in the same prospect category as Darnold and Rosen. If teams feel the same way, then you will need to suck enough to be in the top 2 of this year's draft if you really want to get the best QB prospect.

His foot work is sound, he places the ball where it needs to be. This kid is as good as Luck coming out. Everyone else is a step behind. This QB class is probably better than the 2004 class, so if we are going to suck this is a good year to suck.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

His foot work is sound, he places the ball where it needs to be. This kid is as good as Luck coming out. Everyone else is a step behind. This QB class is probably better than the 2004 class, so if we are going to suck this is a good year to suck.
    That is for sure.

A great sports day. The Jets lose and the Yankees win. In fact, Yankees 16 Jets 12. I'm so happy, Jets on the road to number one pick. Wooo Hooo!

Darnolds 4 ints already scare me a bit. It's not like he has a huge body of work to see this as an abberation. I'd like to see this work itself out early in the season long before the draft so we're not drafting uncertainty. Already makes me nervous that he's a USC qb to go with the legacy of merenevich, leinert, sanchize, etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by MetsKnicks View Post
    Darnolds 4 ints already scare me a bit. It's not like he has a huge body of work to see this as an abberation. I'd like to see this work itself out early in the season long before the draft so we're not drafting uncertainty. Already makes me nervous that he's a USC qb to go with the legacy of merenevich, leinert, sanchize, etc etc
    You are not alone in your trepidation. He is the second most polished QB (I still believe Mayfield is the most "polished") and has the highest ceiling but I'm not ready to open my mouth for him and suck for Sam.
    I want to see more from him and all of the other top QBs.

I don't think you read very well. I said bank on one pick.
    I have clearly stated that we should build through the draft. I have said it multiple times. I have gone as far as to say I would trade that number 1 pick for multiple first, second and third round picks so we have more opportunity to find young cost controlled players.
    I have said that we have a great deal of money net year. You use free agents to plug holes.

If you want to make a statement or claim to a actually know something about how I view the way a team should be built, you might actually want to learn to read a bit better so you can absorb what has been written.

To be clear
    1-Build through the draft
    2-If there are chances to acquire more picks by trading vets that have more value elsewhere, do so.
    3-If you have a chance to trade back and get more picks and still acquire a desired player, do so unless you love a player at that position. (Example- This years draft, if you have 4 QBS you like and are offered a ton of picks to move back and you will still be able to get one of the 4, do it. If you love one specific QB, take him with the pick)
    4-Develop young players and see who can stick as a starter or back up
    5-Find free agents who are young enough to stay with the team for a while or old enough to come cheap and who will mentor young players.

Do you understand?
    No, he doesn't understand. He's just one of "those guys".

I agree with you on all points. I really think that if you can get a huge return for #1 or #2 pick you almost have to take it given our current situation.

Quote Originally Posted by lamonster View Post
    Kinky, I would typically agree with trying to stockpile draft picks but there is a issue here. I watched every snap of the Wyoming/Iowa game and Allen did not look that great, now granted, the talent around him is not the best, but the thing that concerned me the most was his Mark Sanchez-esque interception on a screen pass. Based on how he performed against the most talented team he will most likely face this year I can't put him in the same prospect category as Darnold and Rosen. If teams feel the same way, then you will need to suck enough to be in the top 2 of this year's draft if you really want to get the best QB prospect.
    If the Jets get the first pick and Darnold is the guy they love then by all means, you take him. I agree with that. My feeling is only that I'd like to see how all of the QB prospects do over the season. Lamar Jackson looks fantastic. He's a forgotten name to some extent. If he continues to develop his pocket skills, he's going be in the mix.
    I was trying to say that if you have 3-4 QBs that are close in talent and refinement, even if one is better than the rest, I would still consider trading back.
    If at the end of the season, Darnold is head and shoulders above the rest, you take him...
    If he declares

The Jets will probably be competing with CLE, SF, CHI and BUF for the #1 overall pick. Of those teams BUF and SF would be looking for a QB.

If the Jets get the #1 pick and feel like two or three of the top QBs are similar in value, that would be an ideal situation. That would allow them to trade not too far back to still get a QB they like and acquire additional assets.

Darnold drove USC the length of the field with 39 seconds for a game tying FG.

Darnold drove USC the length of the field with 39 seconds for a game tying FG.
    They should have bullied that Texas team. Texas showed up and USC may have taken them lightly. That's not his fault and the pick 6 should have been caught. That ball was face height and in stride. That Int is on the WR.
    The kid is good.

Jets: 0-2
    Browns: 0-2
    Bears: 0-2
    49ers: 0-2
    Colts: 0-2
    Bills: 1-1
    Jaguars: 1-1
    Rams: 1-1

2 down and 14 to go.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast